Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Tlseege, you had a pool reception at Akumal, right? Did they charge extra for the chair covers and table clothes for the set up, or were those included?

Does anyone know how long the dinner/reception goes if you have dinner in a restaurant versus the outside pool reception? Do they provide a stereo to hook an ipod up to or is that extra? Can you bring your own i pod dock to play music? Thanks for the help!

• VIP Member

Yup, that's correct!

The chair covers, the chair bows, and the table clothes were free! I was SO excited when I saw them there (Yuritzia put them as a surprise to me). I did bring my own table runners though.

The outside reception is from 7:30-10:30. I had to pay $150 CASH for a DJ... but he was well worth it.

• VIP Member

Yup, it's $150 per hour and I paid $450. He was really great though. He kept everyone dancing until the very end and he played all of the songs that I needed him to (first dance, etc).

We are flying in our photographer, Emily Jackson and her husband Phil will be shooting ALLLLLL day so I'll have to keep the hacienda in mind!

We're having a 2 hour 'theme dinner' but they said it was 2 hours max. was your 3 hours 'reception' a dinner or cocktail party or both?

I'd like to have something more going on.

Wedding is at 4. Dinner prolly 6ish? I don't want it to be 8:00 and out of stuff to do!

• VIP Member

We had the Theme dinner as well. There was no negotiation, the dinner was to start promptly at 7:30. And then dinner went for an hour and we had a DJ reception afterwards until 10:30.

Prior to the dinner we had a 2 hour cocktail party in the Akumal Lobby Bar. Yuritizia blocked off an area for us and we had a trio playing music. It was very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchid1981 View Post
My sister hasnt been able to get ahold of Jazmin either and her wedding is at the beginning of November too. She sent an email 3 weeks ago and never heard back...and sent another one about a week ago and still nothing. very frustrating when the wedding is getting closer.
I just want to let you know that Jazmin finally answer my email on Friday. I was relieved because the wedding is at the end of October... She's not too quick!!!

Hi All!

Just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to the forum. I'm planning my wedding at Gran Bahia Principe Tulum for June 2009 and am super excited that I stumbled on this site! I spent a lot of time reading all the different posts last night and have a ton of great ideas from all you girls.

Couple questions:

-I'm planning to have a pool-side reception - for those that had it, was this a worthwhile option? It's a bit pricey... but if it's worth it than I may splurge. I have a part of 80-100 coming (a bit big for destination, but you should have seen the guest list if we had it in town!)

- Does anyone have any experience with planning a Catholic wedding?

Thanks!

MayanButterfly

• VIP Member

HI!

Is it worth it... 10000% percent! I would do it again in a heart beat. It was amazing to have our reception by the pool underneath the stars. I loved every second of it.

Now, the Catholic weddings are NOT legal. So you'd have to get married before or after in your local courthouse or something like that. That's all I know about the Catholic weddings.