Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

I need help! I just got an email from Jazmin asking me "which cocktail party you have chosen". I'm guessing she means what times have we chosen? Are there different cocktail parties that they offer?

Anyway, I guess its decision making time and i don't know what I want! Our ceremony is on the beach at 2pm. I was thinking about doing photos after and then dinner at 5:30. Is that too early? Then I was thinking cockail party after dinner. For 2 hours. But now I'm thinking maybe cocktail party before dinner?

Help! Any suggestions?

(Sorry for the typos - I'm at a hotel computer and there are people waiting so I'm trying to be really really fast!!!)

Also I had asked Jazmin about the possibility of switching to mixed grill for the dinner, but apparently the other couple from our day has already chosen that. Do they have two different locations? Will they have to coordinate our two different events on the same night at the same location? I'm sort fo freaking out...

There are different beverage packages - maybe that's what she means? There's the basic one or you can get ones with hard liquor, etc.

What day are you flying out? The reason I ask is that they're 2 hours ahead of you. So if people haven't gotten used to the time change yet, then it will be like you're eating dinner at 3:30. We're doing our dinner late - around 8. But that's just cause we're late eaters and I don't adjust to different time zones very quickly.

We're getting there on a Sunday and the wedding is on the Friday, so lots of time to adjust, although you make a very good point! If I do a late dinner, I guess we could do coctails beforehand, but then where would we do the dancing? Then we'd have to rent out the nightclub? This is so confusing!!!

My sister's reception dinner is at La Gran Tortuga restaurant. We're just wondering if anyone knows how many people the tables seat and whether there are any table decorations of any kind.

I'm sure we could ask Jazmin but just wanted to check in with everyone here first. Thanks!!!

Orchid - I was searching for something else, and I found this in my notes.

"At the Gran Tortuga they have round and square tables (the round ones seat 6 the square ones seat 4)."

Nothing regarding table decorations though! And who knows if this what they still have at that restaurant. I'd double check with Jazmin!

Okay, I just got another question!

My 13 year old cousin is coming and she's just going to DIE being away from her boyfriend for the week...lol. Her mom banned her from bringing her phone (so she doesn't get a thousand dollar bill) so she asked about internet - does anyone know how much it costs to use the internet in the lobby? And is it charged to the room or does she need to bring pesos/american dollars for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAmanda View Post

My 13 year old cousin is coming and she's just going to DIE being away from her boyfriend for the week...lol. Her mom banned her from bringing her phone (so she doesn't get a thousand dollar bill) so she asked about internet - does anyone know how much it costs to use the internet in the lobby? And is it charged to the room or does she need to bring pesos/american dollars for it?
The internet access is at the Hacienda so you have to pay in cash (it can't be charged to the room - I don't think). I used it once for under 10 minutes and I think it was close to $7-8 (so about $1/min). I don't remember exactly though. I paid in USD but they take pesos too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchid1981 View Post
My sister's reception dinner is at La Gran Tortuga restaurant. We're just wondering if anyone knows how many people the tables seat and whether there are any table decorations of any kind.

I'm sure we could ask Jazmin but just wanted to check in with everyone here first. Thanks!!!
Scoutly commented on the table size (which is what I remember too). There were no table cloths when we were there, but they probably put them on for your dinner. As for decorations, there's really not much. Each table at every restaurant on the resort had a small vase with one flower in it.

They brought our centerpiece from the ceremony for the dinner and put it on our table. Which was beautiful and I didn't think we needed anything more.

Are there really 73 pages to this thread?! Wow!

I might be interested in this resort too. Their website sorta sucks. I have clicked the weddings link about 6 times and the wedding information NEVER loads. aggh!

Does anyone have an actual contact name and email for the place? Would you pm it to me possibly? I'm worried I'll miss it if you just post it.

Reading your posts on BGP makes me think I can actually have a simple but nice Mexico beach wedding for less than 7 bajillion dollars. !

JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAmanda View Post

Ah to be a teenager again, lol. If you have the Golden package (which you will because you're getting married there) you'll have access to the Golden Club House, (not sure where it is on the Tulum side, we were at the Akumal) and they have free internet access there. Also, in the lobby they'll sell phone cards for $10-$20 you can use at the lobby phones so she could talk to him.