Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Hey everyone... I finally got a hold of Jazmin today because my e-mails never went through! (They always send you an error message, and even when they don't, they weren't going through) she was very helpful and is going to get back to me with pictures of the mixed grill because she is doing one tonight (let's hope this happens!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
she was very helpful and is going to get back to me with pictures of the mixed grill because she is doing one tonight (let's hope this happens!!)
She sent me the same message yesterday, that she's doing the dinner tonight and would send pictures! We only have 25 guests and she said she agreed with FH (errr...she's supposed to be on my side...lol) that the theme dinner was not a good option for us since it would be too much money since there is a 50 guest minimum. I think that's the first time a wedding vendor has tried to talk me into the cheaper option..lol. She said that "the mix grill option is like a thematic dinner but less food and options." I can't wait to see the pictures she sends!

Martha, any update on your BIL? You haven't been on lately so I hope he's okay!

Jazmin just sent me pictures of the mixed grill so I thought I would post them for others to see. I emailed her back as she originally told me that the mixed grill was served with disposable cutlery and plates yet in these pictures, it's 'real' dishes. I'll let you know what she says when she responds!

Also, with the mixed grill she said only beer and soda's are included. So she sent me pictures of the wine list as well. She said you can add international bar which included house wine for I think $24 USD/per/hour but for our group (since there's only 25 of us) it would be better for us to just purchase bottles of wine as it would cost less then the int'l cocktails.

Anyway, here's the pictures :)

Click the image to open in full size.

ETA: Sorry the pictures are fuzzy, the only way I could make them smaller was to reduce the size of the file and it made them all not as clear.

Hey Carrie. Yes, we miss Martha! I hope everything is okay with her family.

I am doing a four night babysitting gig right now for a family (mom and dad went to Newport Rhode Island, I figured they needed some alone time!) but when I stop home I will post the amount for the mixed grill... it may already be posted somewhere on the thread. It seems more affordable than the theme dinner, and the minimum of people is 35 rather than 50 for the theme dinners. I opted for the private dinner because it seemed more intimate, and I did not want the guests to use their a la carte night for our reception.

The mixed grill is $20 US/per person. So not only is it half the price, but if you have less then 50 guests, you're also saving because the minimum number of guests is less. We'll only have 25 people so for us, we'll pay the minimum amount no matter what we choose. For the BBQ theme it works out to $2300 (50 * $46) but with the Mixed grill, it's only $700 (35 * $20). So for us - with 25 guests, the BBQ theme dinner works out to $92 pp while the mixed grill is only $28 pp.

Here's the prices for all the dinners. The prices for wedding packages go up November 1st, I'm not sure if the dinner prices went up to. The prices I have are the ones up to Oct 2008.

Theme Dinners

*Minimum of 50 people

*includes 'all-inclusive' drinks

Gala Dinner: $72

BBQ: $46

Mexican: $46

Caribbean: $48

Private Meals

*Minimum of 35 people

*includes beer and soda only

*All of these meals will be served with disposable cutlery and dishes

Paella: $20

-Seafood Paella, Sangría

Mixed Grill: $20

-Arrachera steak, pork cutlet, chicken, sausage

Taquiza: $15

-5 varieties of Tacos with rice, beans and guacamole

American: $12

-Hamburgers, Hot Dog, French Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanAmanda View Post
The mixed grill is $20 US/per person. So not only is it half the price, but if you have less then 50 guests, you're also saving because the minimum number of guests is less. We'll only have 25 people so for us, we'll pay the minimum amount no matter what we choose. For the BBQ theme it works out to $2300 (50 * $46) but with the Mixed grill, it's only $700 (35 * $20). So for us - with 25 guests, the BBQ theme dinner works out to $92 pp while the mixed grill is only $28 pp.

Here's the prices for all the dinners. The prices for wedding packages go up November 1st, I'm not sure if the dinner prices went up to. The prices I have are the ones up to Oct 2008.

Theme Dinners
*Minimum of 50 people
*includes 'all-inclusive' drinks
Gala Dinner: $72
BBQ: $46
Mexican: $46
Caribbean: $48

Private Meals
*Minimum of 35 people
*includes beer and soda only
*All of these meals will be served with disposable cutlery and dishes
Paella: $20
-Seafood Paella, Sangría
Mixed Grill: $20
-Arrachera steak, pork cutlet, chicken, sausage
Taquiza: $15
-5 varieties of Tacos with rice, beans and guacamole
American: $12
-Hamburgers, Hot Dog, French Fries
I believe those are the same prices Jazmin gave us and we are getting married June 2009. For the dancing reseption with DJ directly after the mixed grill dinner, we are going to have the special cocktails which I believe are $5 per person the first hour and $3 per person each additional hour which whill be $28 in total for food and drink perperson for the reception. Yeah, the theme dinners are a lot, esp. if you are not sure if your number of guests will be near 50.