Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatLew View Post

Since you are getting married at 3 and dinner at 6, what are you going to have your guests do in the time in-between? Since I also have the same time I'm worried as to how to entertain them. 

Regarding the speeches, do they provide a mic for the speeches?

I've left it to the guests to figure something out for themselves. It probably maes me sound like a bad host, but I figured the less rigid I make the schedule, the better it is for them. I figured they can all gather at a bar near by the restaurant, or closest bar to the ceremony location. I'm sure the guests will understand.

As for the speeches, the resort doesnt allow music or mics in the restaurants because it will disrupt the other guests in the restaurant. So those making speeches will just have to speak a little louder. They say its quiet enough there that you should be good without speakers.

Can anyone tell me at what point did they have a timeline of their events nailed down and know for sure that a poolside reception was booked?

We have had the worst time trying to get a hold of Eugenia. After some nasty emails from our TA and a contact from Air Transat, we finally got her to reply to us once, introducing herself and telling us the planning could begin and asked us to complete an info form. Well... that was 1.5 months ago now and after sending 3 emails trying to get a few questions answered and a timeline, we still  have nothing! 

We are about 2 months away from leaving now and we still have no idea whats going on. We have no poolside reception booked, we have no idea what our timeline is for the day, and not one of our questions answered. The only think we have is the ceremony location (no confirmed time though) and confirmation that we can have our dinner at Arlequin (also no time). Is anyone else in the same boat, or is our WC just really slacking?? We have pre-travel passport booklets that we would like to mail out soon but I cannot finish it until we know our timeline and know if we have a pool for a reception.

I booked my trip in September... Our weddig is set for August 4, 2014 at the tulum gazebo for 3pm. Our dinner is going to be at 6 to 8 at the tequila Resturant... This is what is currently set. I still need to touch base with my weddig coordinator about the meals for dinner and I also want to set up a cocktail hour before dinner from 5 to 6 with cocktails, refreshments, chips/salsa, and guitar trio. We also plan to do a poolside reception from 8 to 10:30... My wedding coordinator is jazmin. It sounds like your wedding coordinator is slacking. I would be really upset! Did you send out your invitations yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatLew View Post

I booked my trip in September... Our weddig is set for August 4, 2014 at the tulum gazebo for 3pm. Our dinner is going to be at 6 to 8 at the tequila Resturant... This is what is currently set. I still need to touch base with my weddig coordinator about the meals for dinner and I also want to set up a cocktail hour before dinner from 5 to 6 with cocktails, refreshments, chips/salsa, and guitar trio.

We also plan to do a poolside reception from 8 to 10:30...

My wedding coordinator is jazmin. It sounds like your wedding coordinator is slacking. I would be really upset! Did you send out your invitations yet?

Thanks KatLew! We sent our invites out last Feb, right after we confirmed our wedding date with them. And now we have had virtually no info from them since, other than where we can have our dinner. I'm ok with not having little details planned but I really need answers to my questions and have a timeline nailed down.

Your timeline sounds perfect! I like the idea of using the Trio at the cocktail hour! :)

Can anyone tell me at what point did they have a timeline of their events nailed down and know for sure that a poolside reception was booked? We have had the worst time trying to get a hold of Eugenia. After some nasty emails from our TA and a contact from Air Transat, we finally got her to reply to us once, introducing herself and telling us the planning could begin and asked us to complete an info form. Well... that was 1.5 months ago now and after sending 3 emails trying to get a few questions answered and a timeline, we still  have nothing!  We are about 2 months away from leaving now and we still have no idea whats going on. We have no poolside reception booked, we have no idea what our timeline is for the day, and not one of our questions answered. The only think we have is the ceremony location (no confirmed time though) and confirmation that we can have our dinner at Arlequin (also no time). Is anyone else in the same boat, or is our WC just really slacking?? We have pre-travel passport booklets that we would like to mail out soon but I cannot finish it until we know our timeline and know if we have a pool for a reception.
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you and I'm getting married just after you at Akumal, i think the WC at Akumal is very slow. I haven't even got a location sorted yet or time or restaurant!!! Not happy! I've emailed them so many times it's ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma2014 View Post

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you and I'm getting married just after you at Akumal, i think the WC at Akumal is very slow. I haven't even got a location sorted yet or time or restaurant!!! Not happy! I've emailed them so many times it's ridiculous!

I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one, but sorry that you are having a tough time with her too :( 

I just emailed Paloma today, stating that it is unacceptable at this point to have no clue what is going on or have anything planned/booked and that we have our TA looking at other options for resorts. Hopefully we hear something back soon, and if/when we do  I will be sure to let you know!

Can

Thanks KatLew! We sent our invites out last Feb, right after we confirmed our wedding date with them. And now we have had virtually no info from them since, other than where we can have our dinner. I'm ok with not having little details planned but I really need answers to my questions and have a timeline nailed down. Your timeline sounds perfect! I like the idea of using the Trio at the cocktail hour! :)
Can u plz send me copy of ARRECIFE PRICE INFO via my email??? Alijuanpa@gmail.com 😊 thanks

I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one, but sorry that you are having a tough time with her too :(   I just emailed Paloma today, stating that it is unacceptable at this point to have no clue what is going on or have anything planned/booked and that we have our TA looking at other options for resorts. Hopefully we hear something back soon, and if/when we do  I will be sure to let you know!
I will let you know also if I hear anything. I'm like a crazy lady checking my emails all the time! Most brides to be on here are getting married in tulum or coba so it's unclear if Akumal is really busy for weddings or there's not a lot of Akumal brides on here. Fingers and toes crossed we get something sorted soon!

Can anyone tell me at what point did they have a timeline of their events nailed down and know for sure that a poolside reception was booked? We have had the worst time trying to get a hold of Eugenia. After some nasty emails from our TA and a contact from Air Transat, we finally got her to reply to us once, introducing herself and telling us the planning could begin and asked us to complete an info form. Well... that was 1.5 months ago now and after sending 3 emails trying to get a few questions answered and a timeline, we still  have nothing!  We are about 2 months away from leaving now and we still have no idea whats going on. We have no poolside reception booked, we have no idea what our timeline is for the day, and not one of our questions answered. The only think we have is the ceremony location (no confirmed time though) and confirmation that we can have our dinner at Arlequin (also no time). Is anyone else in the same boat, or is our WC just really slacking?? We have pre-travel passport booklets that we would like to mail out soon but I cannot finish it until we know our timeline and know if we have a pool for a reception.
Have you been to the resort before? Could you tell me where the arlequin restaurant is and what type of food they do. I've been to the hotel before but can't think where it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgerry View Post

Can anyone tell me at what point did they have a timeline of their events nailed down and know for sure that a poolside reception was booked?

We have had the worst time trying to get a hold of Eugenia. After some nasty emails from our TA and a contact from Air Transat, we finally got her to reply to us once, introducing herself and telling us the planning could begin and asked us to complete an info form. Well... that was 1.5 months ago now and after sending 3 emails trying to get a few questions answered and a timeline, we still  have nothing! 

We are about 2 months away from leaving now and we still have no idea whats going on. We have no poolside reception booked, we have no idea what our timeline is for the day, and not one of our questions answered. The only think we have is the ceremony location (no confirmed time though) and confirmation that we can have our dinner at Arlequin (also no time). Is anyone else in the same boat, or is our WC just really slacking?? We have pre-travel passport booklets that we would like to mail out soon but I cannot finish it until we know our timeline and know if we have a pool for a reception.

From what it seems, I've had a much different experience with the WC than you. I've been dealing with Jazmin, and she's been quite on top of everything. In the beginning, I didn't hear from her until a week or two after I send them, but she's been pretty quick since a month ago. She replied pretty much within the same day sometimes. She confirmed my ceremony location, the time, and the dinner location for me approx. 2-3 months after we booked with the TA. She confirmed the poolside reception for me as well around the same time. So I essentially had a timeline of the day relatively early in the planning process.