Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

I will bring a photographer for the 7 days regardless I will pay the 400$ if I have and that's fine with me thanks for all the help ! My fiancé and I are thinking of going on a trip this year ( a year before our wedding ) to visit the locations for the wedding andert with. Wedding planner so we can ask the questions we need to ask . Anyone thinks that's a good idea ?? I just feel like if I do everything via email it will be verry frustrating and stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1031 View Post

I emailed Jazmin as we are now bringing our own photographer and good thing I did.. We were only going to bring them down for 4 days and there is a minimum 5 night stay in order to have the $400 fee waived

Its 400 to bring a photographer? What about guests who are staying at a different resort - can they purchase a day pass to attend the wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma2014 View Post

Hiya,
Hi, the only advice that I have been told is chiffon wedding dresses as they are light and airy, I too like satin but if it's hot I would be too worried about sweat marks. Sorry it's not much.

This is the dress I'm thinking: 

http://www.millybride.co.uk/wedding-dresses-collection/mermaid-beaded-lace-strapless-sweep-train-satin-wedding-dresses-ewd001-p6467.html

I have also looked at sheath dresses, but I dont know what type of material that is? Here is a sheath dress: 

http://www.dressale.com/minimalist-design-sweetheart-neckline-sheath-gown-features-dainty-ruche-and-fancy-watteau-train-p-17612.html

And I have also thought about a vintage style because it looks airy?

http://www.millybride.co.uk/wedding-dresses-style/gorgeous-mermaid-off-the-shoulder-tullesatin-v-neck-vintage-wedding-dresses-mlvb00138-p12322.html

http://www.millybride.co.uk/wedding-dresses-style/mermaid-strapless-color-sash-stain-vintage-wedding-dresses-mlvb0089-p12273.html

The dress your thinking of is gorgeous, it's a nice fit. I've also found out if you can find the dress you like but in silk rather satin as it breathes easier than satin and not to have a long train if you choose either fabrics if your location is on a beach or likely to snag. The sheath dress Is lovely also, I love the back of it. Apparently a sheath dress is closely fitted to your curves all the way down and the fabric is folded to get the close fitting. Are you ordering your dress online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatLew View Post

Its 400 to bring a photographer? What about guests who are staying at a different resort - can they purchase a day pass to attend the wedding?

You got it! And I brought up the fact that they're PAYING guests of the resort.. "minimum 5 days stay or they have to pay the fee to Arrecife". 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1031 View Post

You got it! And I brought up the fact that they're PAYING guests of the resort.. "minimum 5 days stay or they have to pay the fee to Arrecife". 

Sorry.. I'm not sure but I think they would have to pay the day pass plus pay the $400 and Arrecife wants all their information as well (names, company name, flight info).

Quote:
Originally Posted by karolane View Post

I will bring a photographer for the 7 days regardless I will pay the 400$ if I have and that's fine with me thanks for all the help !
My fiancé and I are thinking of going on a trip this year ( a year before our wedding ) to visit the locations for the wedding andert with. Wedding planner so we can ask the questions we need to ask . Anyone thinks that's a good idea ?? I just feel like if I do everything via email it will be verry frustrating and stressful.

Were also bringing our photographer down for the full 7 days, she'll be travelling with everyone so it's just easier-Ha vent gotten any info on the price cause were not planning on telling the resort we have a photographer coming...I have been trying to get in touch with Maria for the past 4 months so I ended up emailing Paloma who also is NOT helpful.. For any brides who are frustrated with the contact...trust me when I say they will not give u much until your 3-4 till ur wedding..its total bull and completely unfair..If our guests hadn't put down their deposits already we would be cancelling and going somewhere else cause I think this is ridiculous cause their are a lot of brides like me that what to know what their budget is and it's really hard when your in limbo for 9 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMoorsy View Post

Quote:

I will bring a photographer for the 7 days regardless I will pay the 400$ if I have and that's fine with me thanks for all the help !

My fiancé and I are thinking of going on a trip this year ( a year before our wedding ) to visit the locations for the wedding andert with. Wedding planner so we can ask the questions we need to ask . Anyone thinks that's a good idea ?? I just feel like if I do everything via email it will be verry frustrating and stressful.

Were also bringing our photographer down for the full 7 days, she'll be travelling with everyone so it's just easier-Ha vent gotten any info on the price cause were not planning on telling the resort we have a photographer coming...I have been trying to get in touch with Maria for the past 4 months so I ended up emailing Paloma who also is NOT helpful..

For any brides who are frustrated with the contact...trust me when I say they will not give u much until your 3-4 till ur wedding..its total bull and completely unfair..If our guests hadn't put down their deposits already we would be cancelling and going somewhere else cause I think this is ridiculous cause their are a lot of brides like me that what to know what their budget is and it's really hard when your in limbo for 9 months!

You will be ok with your photographers since they're coming for the whole week. I'm not sure why Arrecife needs all of their information - it's actually ridiculous!! If they're responsible for taking the pictures included in each package, why do they need names, flight info, company name etc. of the photographers we're all bringing down? I would maybe look into this just so you don't have any issues when you get down there..

We too were considering switching.. communication has been brutal at best! We are doing a poolside reception and after we looked at the menu, we asked to replace 3 out of the 5 appetizers (chicken pate, sausage salad and potato salad with salmon?? yuk!) with a simple pasta dish and were told $9 per person - makes no sense at all since we are asking for a total of 3 apps instead of 5 and they serve pasta each and every day at the lunch and dinner buffet so it's not like we're asking for lobster!

If you have any questions, I'm pretty sure I've asked most of them lol so fire away!

Quote:

It is a good idea if you have never been there -  we have and I'm still having a hard time remembering the details. The resort has quite a few weddings per day so my only concern would be the wedding coordinators actually 'finding time' for you so far in advance although being there already, I'm sure they will do all possible to earn your business

Hi Ladies, Maria finally sent me some quotes after some not so nice emails to Paloma. Hope this sort of helps.. **** In case you have a preference for any specific flower, colour or shape you can always advice to me with pleasure I will check with the florist if those flowers are available. ** Extra Flowers: Bridemaids bouquet - 36 usd each Bottoniers - 11 usd each Coursages - 16 usd each Petal roses - 12 usd bag each Table arrangement - 57 usd each Hanging coursages - 75 usd each Looks like the end of October will be the time when Maria can give me the restaurants available in 2014 so once I get those I will post it. We are not doing a dinner pool side reception but she sent me the menus for each one and the price: On regards to the dinner so far I can give you the options for Private Dinner: We set up a private dinners by the pool, the thematic buffet reception dinners includes: private venue + menu+ set up (chairs, tables) + drinks (2 hour of national open bar + 1 hour of cocktails ) + lights decoration with tivolie, candels + services for 3 hours. The price is 60 usd per person minimum 50 ppl. And the bar: Regarding the Cocktail Party - National Bar quote, yes you have to pay for all you guest I have quoted for a maximum of 50 ppl = 2680 usd. Yes in this package also are included the special cocktails options. It works as an Open Bar during 3 hours of the service.