Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Also, for the brides that have booked the pool-side private dinner: are you paying for the dinner service for the two hours, which includes a bar for that time and then having to pay an extra $1200-$1900 to book the bar again for the three hour party afterwards?

And for the past brides, does anyone have any pictures of the private dinner/party to be able to see the set-up? If you could email it to me at YVucinic@gmail, that would be great!

Hey ladies! Does anyone know if the resort offers any kind of decorations for the ceremony or reception? If we brought along decorations would they set them up for us? I'm thinking things like programs for the ceremony, tree lights or poolside reception, battery operated floating candles for the pool, cake toppers, etc. Also how big are the tables at the poolside dinner ( how many people per table)?

Also, for the brides that have booked the pool-side private dinner: are you paying for the dinner service for the two hours, which includes a bar for that time and then having to pay an extra $1200-$1900 to book the bar again for the three hour party afterwards? And for the past brides, does anyone have any pictures of the private dinner/party to be able to see the set-up? If you could email it to me at YVucinic@gmail, that would be great!  
Yes I have been told $3000 for poolside dinner and about 1380 for reception including dj. We have about 40-45 people coming.

I have been told the price for private pool side reception does include decorations as well as the ceremony. Maria had sent me a couple of pictures that I have included here. I believe these are basic decorations and if you would like the resort to provide anything extra, it will come with an extra charge. A pool-side party includes soft lighting, cocktail tables and tiffany chairs. For a private dinner they include candles as well. All decorations are in white but they can provide a different colour for an extra cost.

You can also purchase additional flower decorations with the prices below:

Petal roses - 12 usd bag each
Table arrangement - 57 usd each
Hanging coursages - 75 usd each

I did see on the previous posts that other brides have brought their own decorations, so I can't see it being an issue. Hope this helps!

GAZEBO 1.JPG

bodaflores2-580x385.jpg

montaje.jpg

Hi Ladies, I am still looking for any brides that are getting married between May 3-May 10, 2014 to share the cost of the photographer as well. I can send you her link if you are interested:):) we already have a contact with her and she has agreed to do other weddings while shes there if anyone is interested. She is way better than Areclife..and wayy cheaper!

Hey ladies - we finally got our first email from Jazmin about our wedding. In her email she said asked us to choose a restaurant and a set menu. She said we get 1 app, 1 soup, 1 main, 1 dessert. I didn't understand her wording though and I'm confused a bit. Do we choose one of these and all guests have to eat the same thing, or do we find out from each guest ahead of time what they want to eat for each and send that to her?? What have past brides done? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic817 View Post

We are staying at akumal. We are with air Transat (out of Canada) so we (us and our guests) are in the royal golden section or something?? Does akumal have ocean view?

Quote:

Do the restaurants have vegetarian options for the wedding meal? We have 3 people coming who don't eat meat...

Hey Yes Akumal is where there are beach views and the Golden Section is where Bride & Groom get and they have lovely sea views.

For your wedding meal when you are emailing WC about this menu selection they will give you vegetarian option for those guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtrowsse View Post

Hey ladies! Does anyone know if the resort offers any kind of decorations for the ceremony or reception? If we brought along decorations would they set them up for us? I'm thinking things like programs for the ceremony, tree lights or poolside reception, battery operated floating candles for the pool, cake toppers, etc. Also how big are the tables at the poolside dinner ( how many people per table)?

The hotel only provides basic  flowers at the wedding location and a table arrangement for when you are signing & thumb printing your paperwork (you are free to book and pay for more)..   The hotel will make up a sign for each of your tables with the names guests that will be sitting their  - we emailed this details before and then confirmed at our pre wedding meeting.  It the pre-wedding meeting we gave Jasmin our confetti & fans to be placed on the chairs at the gazebo for guests and our tables confetti, cake topper etc and all was dealt with.  The flowers on your table arrangement from your wedding location is then taken to the restaurant for Bride & Grooms table :)

Quote:

Hey ladies - we finally got our first email from Jazmin about our wedding. In her email she said asked us to choose a restaurant and a set menu. She said we get 1 app, 1 soup, 1 main, 1 dessert. I didn't understand her wording though and I'm confused a bit. Do we choose one of these and all guests have to eat the same thing, or do we find out from each guest ahead of time what they want to eat for each and send that to her?? What have past brides done? Thanks!

Hi

You make the wedding menu selection and you all eat the same - unless you have made request for vegetarian option.  We had the most amazing wedding meal in the Don Pablo restaurant  (chosen as had the best air con so was fantastically cool after being outside getting photos taken for so long) .  Where are you having your meal?