Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by HisFutureMrs View Post

Thanks for the much needed advice & answered questions! But I have more hopefully past/future brides can answer some things for me! I've seen that maybe 3 years ago to have a pool side reception was 150 & hour for Dj & another price for drinks? Is this true or has the price changed

Also I've seen the cake is a two or three tier available. Is the fabric over the chairs included or will I have to purchase my own? Also how much extra is it for my brides maids flowers I have 7 BM (rather large bridal party). We selected the unforgettable package I'm having 50+ guests any suggestions on a ceremony site?... & I've also seen that the disco is no longer available to rent out is this true! Ok sorry for all the questions

If you go back through this thread and the official thread http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/75549/official-gran-bahia-principe-riviera-maya-thread you'll be able to find a lot of answers to your questions and more!

Re the pool side reception:

National Bar:         
Beer, Rum, Vodka, Tequila, Cocktails, Gin, Whisky          $1900 USD 

Special Cocktails: 
Beer, Piña Colada Cocktail, Margarita Cocktail 
& Sparkling Wine                                                  $1100 USD 

This option  is for 30 persons maximum , in case there´s more people will have an extra charge. 
This packages includes 3 hours of open bar, set up, soft lighting, cocktail tables, tiffany chairs microphone and music. (so this includes DJ).

Special Cocktails without DJ but with Speakers so we can play our own music: 585 USD

I don't know about the cake.

I think there might be white fabric included, so if you want colors you have to bring you own.

Disco no longer available is true.

I'm not the flower expert but suggest you look into the official thread.

Ceremony site, same, go to the official thread you should be able to see pictures and get an idea!

Good luck planning!

Originally Posted by leanne1 View Post

The pool side reception is it around 500 without there dj becuase we have already booked our own.? So the $500 includes the drinks and chairs and decoration etc etc for 30people? Thanks again

Yes, this is what I was told last week

Special Cocktails without DJ but with Speakers so we can play our own music: 585 USD

But you have to add 90$ for the day pass for your dj + you might want to check but I've read that some dj's weren't aloud on this resort anymore.

If you go back through this thread and the official thread http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/75549/official-gran-bahia-principe-riviera-maya-thread  you'll be able to find a lot of answers to your questions and more! Re the pool side reception:

National Bar:          Beer, Rum, Vodka, Tequila, Cocktails, Gin, Whisky          $1900 USD  Special Cocktails:  Beer, Piña Colada Cocktail, Margarita Cocktail  & Sparkling Wine                                                  $1100 USD  This option  is for 30 persons maximum , in case there´s more people will have an extra charge.  This packages includes 3 hours of open bar, set up, soft lighting, cocktail tables, tiffany chairs microphone and music. (so this includes DJ).

I don't know about the cake.

I think there might be white fabric included, so if you want colors you have to bring you own.

Disco no longer available is true.

I'm not the flower expert but suggest you look into the official thread.

Ceremony site, same, go to the official thread you should be able to see pictures and get an idea!

Good luck planning!

Thanks so much :)

Our wedding is not until May 2014 I have a few questions on dress choices! I've already found my gown as for my bridesmaids they have chosen a dress that's long. Is this a good choice should they go shorter. Will they be too hot and uncomfortable. I mean the dresses are beautiful but I'm just not too sure what to do

Our wedding is not until May 2014 I have a few questions on dress choices! I've already found my gown as for my bridesmaids they have chosen a dress that's long. Is this a good choice should they go shorter. Will they be too hot and uncomfortable. I mean the dresses are beautiful but I'm just not too sure what to do
We don't get married until January '14 but I chose long chiffon dresses. I've heard it can be very windy on the beach (where we're having our ceremony) and I was worried the girls might have issues with short dresses flying up over their heads lol! As long as its not a heavy material like satin, I think they should be ok :)

We don't get married until January '14 but I chose long chiffon dresses. I've heard it can be very windy on the beach (where we're having our ceremony) and I was worried the girls might have issues with short dresses flying up over their heads lol! As long as its not a heavy material like satin, I think they should be ok :)
Great! We are doing chiffon as well that's for the advice :)

Originally Posted by HisFutureMrs View Post

Thanks for the much needed advice & answered questions! But I have more hopefully past/future brides can answer some things for me! I've seen that maybe 3 years ago to have a pool side reception was 150 & hour for Dj & another price for drinks? Is this true or has the price changed

Also I've seen the cake is a two or three tier available. Is the fabric over the chairs included or will I have to purchase my own?

Also how much extra is it for my brides maids flowers I have 7 BM (rather large bridal party). We selected the unforgettable package I'm having 50+ guests any suggestions on a ceremony site?... & I've also seen that the disco is no longer available to rent out is this true! Ok sorry for all the questions

Answers I can give you are

The cake is 1 tier and you have the choice of round or heart shaped and many flavours - chocolate, vanilla, raspberry, coconut,  white chocolate with coffee or 3 milks (it is a sweet, soft and creamy mexican dessert) We have the 3 milk and it was devine - so delicious and light (didn't think would have room after 4 course meal)

The chairs have white covers - if you want another colour or sashes for them you have to arrange this

We didn't have this option but this was what we were offered:- 

1.  a private pool party with a cost of 1´500usd per 30people maximun and 2 1/2 hrs (8:30pm -11pm) of special drinks (piñas coladas, margaritas, sparkling wine & beers) +  2 lounge rooms + special illumination + sound equipment + speakers + microphone + lights and DJ- very nicely decorated with chairs and high tables

2. a private pool party with a cost of 1´290usd per 30people maximun and 2 1/2hrs (8:30pm -11pm) of special drinks (piñas coladas, margaritas, sparkling wine & beers) +  2 lounge rooms + special illumination + 1 microphone + speaker to connect your Ipod and decorated too with chairs & high tables

3. a private pool party with a cost of 840usd per 30people maximun and 2 1/2hrs(8:30pm -11pm)  of special drinks (piñas coladas, margaritas, sparkling wine & beers) +  special illumination + 1 microphone + speaker to connect your Ipod and decorated too with chairs & high tables

Hope this helps Kirstin xx

Hiya :) I'm new to all this! I've been really laid back with the planning and now I am panicking that I haven't done anything and we only have 3 months left!! Does anyone know what comes with the mixed grill private meals option as I am wanting a pool side meal and this looks the best deal? What food does it include? Is there just meat and no sides? Thanks Rach x