Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

These are the options my WC gave me for after dinner plans.

For after dinner (in Don Pablo Restaurant ) we have 4 options, just please let me know to can confirm:

1. a private pool party with a cost of 1´680usd per 40people maximun and 3 hrs (8:00pm -11pm) of special drinks (piñas coladas, margaritas, sparkling wine & beers) +  2 lounge rooms + special ilumination + sound equipment + speakers + microphone + lights and DJ- very nicely decorated with chairs and high tables,
  2. a private pool party with a cost of 1´470usd per 40people maximun and 3 hrs (8:00pm -11pm) of special drinks (piñas coladas, margaritas, sparkling wine & beers) +  2 lounge rooms + special ilumination + 1 microphone + speaker to connect your Ipod and decorated too with chairs & hight tables,
  3. a private pool party with a cost of 1´020usd per 40people maximun and 3 hrs(8:00pm -11pm)  of special drinks (piñas coladas, margaritas, sparkling wine & beers) +  special ilumination + 1 microphone + speaker to connect your Ipod and decorated too with chairs & hight tables,
  4. free time after dinner to do a get together in the lobby bar but we cannot book areas or tables there because this is part of the all inclusive services for all the guests in the complex

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by lgerry View Post

Any 2014 brides hear back from the resort about being able to book your dates yet? When I talked to Paloma last she said the 2014 packages would be out sometime in Feb probably, I don't want to pester her by sending another email.

I got the same response from Paloma about having to wait unti Feb 2014- she did send me paperwork asking to confirm our wedding date, which I sent to her. But then I asked her what the next step is as far as choosing a wedding site/dinner/reception site etc. and am still waiting to hear back from her. 

We are planning a February 25th, 2014 wedding at GBP- undecided on which location though....

Let me know if you hear back on the 2014 wedding package pricing! :)

Originally Posted by lgerry View Post

Any 2014 brides hear back from the resort about being able to book your dates yet? When I talked to Paloma last she said the 2014 packages would be out sometime in Feb probably, I don't want to pester her by sending another email.

Today must be our lucky day, we got an email back from Paloma and we have confirmed our date of January 15, 2014!!! Yay, so excited!! 

Hi there I am getting married 2nd April 2014 hopefuuly just waiting to have the date confirmed. I had some quotes for 1 week from BC canada and they 1800 each and 2500 for 2weeks which is obviously more than I would have liked but the travel agent said to wait a while. I hope they come down. Have you had your date confirmed yet?

Originally Posted by leanne1 View Post

Hi there I am getting married 2nd April 2014 hopefuuly just waiting to have the date confirmed. I had some quotes for 1 week from BC canada and they 1800 each and 2500 for 2weeks which is obviously more than I would have liked but the travel agent said to wait a while. I hope they come down. Have you had your date confirmed yet?

We are still waiting for an email from Paloma to confirm our Feb 25th 2014 date.  One of my girlfriends got married in Mexico and her guests booked almost a year in advance but her travel agent advised them to buy travel insurance because there are a lot of deals that pop up throughout the year, so her guests that did got the cheapest price possible no matter when they booked.

Did anyone line up private transportation for guests to and from the airport since it is an hour drive?  We are planning to have between 50-75 guests and I would really like to line up 2 different buses/shuttles for private transfers but want to know thoughts from people who have done this-

Originally Posted by arinmarie10 View Post

Did anyone line up private transportation for guests to and from the airport since it is an hour drive?  We are planning to have between 50-75 guests and I would really like to line up 2 different buses/shuttles for private transfers but want to know thoughts from people who have done this-

In our case the transportation is included with our travel package.  So for all of our guests flying in with Air Canada we'll all be in the same bus, as for other guests it depends on their transporter.

Lucky duck! hoping to get our email soon! Which of the 3 resorts are you planning to have the wedding/reception at?
We're having the ceremony at akumal hammocks location, and that's about all that's confirmed. in the email, Paloma said that we should contact our wedding coordinator 3 months before the wedding so I would imagine we wont know much else until then. Seems odd though cause other couples on BDW seem to be in contact and in the planning process much earlier.