Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Hi Ladies!

So we've booked our dinner at the Dolce la Vita restaurant and now I'm wishing that we went with the BBQ dinner by the pool. It seems a lot easier to not have to move the guests around all night. Also, that way, those who don't want to dance can sit at the tables and chairs that are already laid out for dinner. Or are their tables and chairs out their anyway for just the dancing portion?

For those who did the poolside dinner, did you find that it was worth the extra cost? I think it's around $3000 if memory serves...

Originally Posted by Katryne View Post

oooo handmade maracas in Mexico.. would love to know who your vendor is!

Hi,

Sorry - haven't been on here in a few days. We are going with maracasmexico. The email is maracasmexico@yahoo.com. They quoted us for 25 maracas (we are giving 1 per person) that are handpainted and a tag that says "shake at the kiss". 

We have been quoted $115 US + delivery (which will come to approx $90) so about $200 total. 

I hope that helps, Miriam x

Help would be greatly appreciated from any one who know this / who has been to gran bahia principe akumal before. Our wedding is on a thurs evening. We would like to know what entertainment is on that night at coba, akumal or tulum. We really think that we will probably bypass the poolside reception so would like to have an idea of other things we can do after the meal. Thanks xx

Question - we have 20 ppl attending our wedding. 10 of us are booked at akumal where we are staying & havin wedding. 6 we think are in tulum & my parents are in coba. My parents live in canada & they couldnt book into akumal with their package. We were told that we can use facilities x all 3 and that meals won't be an issue either. We are planning on doing a meal with my parents when they arrive. I am going to request from the wc that she get my parents in aklumal but i just want to be clear if we are allowed to eat across all a la carte restaurants. This was our understanding when we booked as we were told this by first choice. However i have seen mixed things on here so just wanted to ask. I hope all will be fine as we are a relatively small group & dont want any surprises with this. Thanks for your help.xxx

Originally Posted by berg5080 View Post

Help would be greatly appreciated from any one who know this / who has been to gran bahia principe akumal before. Our wedding is on a thurs evening. We would like to know what entertainment is on that night at coba, akumal or tulum. We really think that we will probably bypass the poolside reception so would like to have an idea of other things we can do after the meal. Thanks xx

Question - we have 20 ppl attending our wedding. 10 of us are booked at akumal where we are staying & havin wedding. 6 we think are in tulum & my parents are in coba. My parents live in canada & they couldnt book into akumal with their package. We were told that we can use facilities x all 3 and that meals won't be an issue either. We are planning on doing a meal with my parents when they arrive. I am going to request from the wc that she get my parents in aklumal but i just want to be clear if we are allowed to eat across all a la carte restaurants. This was our understanding when we booked as we were told this by first choice. However i have seen mixed things on here so just wanted to ask. I hope all will be fine as we are a relatively small group & dont want any surprises with this. Thanks for your help.xxx

Hi Miriam

Regarding entertainment everynight there is a show of some sort at the Theatre in each hotel (Akumal, Coba, Tulum)  each Thursday is "Mexican Fiesta Party Night", this is held at the hacienda (only area not included in all inclusive package) You have to buy tickets for attending this it was around $15-$18 per person.  It is a fun night and this is what we will be doing for our evening - 21 in total (this is why we choose Thursday wedding).  

In relation to guests staying at different sections dont worry we are the same, the resort is big but you wont loose them.  In hindsight Im actually glad we have a bit of space and not all at Akumal.   You can eat / drink at all the restaurants, snack bars, drinks bars and use all the gym/spa facilities, theatre irrelevant of where you are actually booked into  - its the Bahia Hotel you are at and the different sections have names purley for the size of it and they are all slightly differnt layout. We prefer the Akumal beach but the Coba pool and pool snack bar  as anytme we have been there NO kids which is my ideal.

Hope this puts your mind at ease Kirstin x

Originally Posted by claruickie View Post

Hi Miriam

Regarding entertainment everynight there is a show of some sort at the Theatre in each hotel (Akumal, Coba, Tulum)  each Thursday is "Mexican Fiesta Party Night", this is held at the hacienda (only area not included in all inclusive package) You have to buy tickets for attending this it was around $15-$18 per person.  It is a fun night and this is what we will be doing for our evening - 21 in total (this is why we choose Thursday wedding).  

In relation to guests staying at different sections dont worry we are the same, the resort is big but you wont loose them.  In hindsight Im actually glad we have a bit of space and not all at Akumal.   You can eat / drink at all the restaurants, snack bars, drinks bars and use all the gym/spa facilities, theatre irrelevant of where you are actually booked into  - its the Bahia Hotel you are at and the different sections have names purley for the size of it and they are all slightly differnt layout. We prefer the Akumal beach but the Coba pool and pool snack bar  as anytme we have been there NO kids which is my ideal.

Hope this puts your mind at ease Kirstin x

Hi, I can't thank you enough.  First, thanks for easing my concern about the eating across the hotel. I will still request we are all in the same but at least it won't cause any issues if they can't do that for us.  

The Mexican Fiesta party night sounds fun and that would be fine - price-wise - for us to organise for our guests. What type of thing happens at the party night? Does entry include the all inclusive bar? How long does it go?  Any more details would be great but I think we are up for that. Would be fun and make it an activity we all get involved in.  Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks Miriam xx

Originally Posted by Katryne View Post

No rush! :)  so thats not a bad price but 90$ delivery?! wow! hmmm

as for a la carte question, when we went last year we went to restaurants in all 3! :)

Hi,

Yes - not cheap but they use a courier as the postal system isn't so reliable as it is coming from puerto vallarta. There is also an option of just getting plastic maracas from the shops over there but we liked the idea as my partner is very into music. We thought it was a unique gift for everyone too. We are probably only having 20 now so the cost will be slightly lower I think :)

The Mexican Fiesta party night sounds fun and that would be fine - price-wise - for us to organise for our guests. What type of thing happens at the party night? Does entry include the all inclusive bar? How long does it go?  Any more details would be great but I think we are up for that. Would be fun and make it an activity we all get involved in.  Thanks so much for your help.

Thanks Miriam xx

I would also like to know the answer to these questions, if anyone that's been there can explain. Thanks! :)