Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by berg5080 View Post

Hi,

I would really recommend carrying as much as you can - also it is a good idea to split some of your things between your check in bags. For instance I am giving my parents some stuff to bring, we'll take some and am giving a few small things to my maid of honour. Obviously this depends on your baggage allowance and how much you are bringing. We are only carrying over the favours and some small decorations. The only thing I'll have shipped to the hotel is handmade personalized marracas but these are being made in Mexico.

I used to travel to mexico for business about 5 years ago and shipped a few trade show/client things separately.  I had a lot of issues as postal systems work differently there from what I understand. If you do ship I would make sure that you ship via FedEx or UPS which can get pricey.x

oooo handmade maracas in Mexico.. would love to know who your vendor is!

Originally Posted by STBEngelquist View Post

150 post and it still wont let me download!!!

Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

Yeah, a LOT of items get held up at customs and don't ever make it to your resort.  So it's really not a safe and reliable option.  I'd definitely scale things back and bring them in your luggage instead.  What also helps is luggage that fits inside of each other.  For my wedding I had a big suit case and then the two suitcases that fit inside of it.  All three had wedding supplies in them.  On the way home I put the suit cases inside of the suitcases and my wedding dress smushed into the smallest one.  Made travel on the way home WAY easier!!!

Trish are you able to assist in any way or speed the process along in your position of "Insider" as a few of the ladies on hre are over the 150 posts but unable to download documents?

Many thanks in advance - lots of ladies will really appreciate it  if you can :)

Originally Posted by futuremrswarner View Post

I know there was another bride who HAD the 13th originally, but I believe she changed it to the week after now, so there might be an opening for the 13th. I really can't believe they have 4 weddings per location per day. That seems so crowded, but I haven't really heard anyone complain, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much either.

Wow 4 a day a location is a TON!  I found a really good deal with westjet group so I am thinking I will change my dates from Nov 23-30th instead.  I hope I can get a date.  When I asked about the 10-17 the only days they could offer were the 13th and the 17th.

Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

Nope, I have no pull when it comes to activating your account.  You just need to be patient.  It only takes a few more days.

no worries Trish we will just hang on  . . . . .

Originally Posted by Joanne052013 View Post

Thank you so much for all the great information everyone! Really helpful! Bags on board it is! I would also like to know where you are getting the maracas :)

Hi Joanne welcome aboard,  not sure when or where you are plannign your wedding but below are a note of some amazing and helpful thread/links

"Post Your Wedding Date" http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/9132/post-your-wedding-date/657

Brides (& grooms) can see who is getting married on dates close to them . It is handy too as some wedding parties have shared the cost of some vendors (photographers in particular)

To ensure everyone knows how this thread works please go to the last post of this thread, select "quote" on the last entry

Type in your name & your OH name, your forum name, wedding date, hotel & location in chronological order.

"Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!"

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/786/gran-bahia-principe-akumal-tulum-coba-post-here

OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/75549/official-gran-bahia-principe-riviera-maya-thread

Anyone used Arrecife Photography at Gran Bahia Principe Tulum/Akumal/Coba

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/63142/anyone-used-arrecife-photography-at-gran-bahia-principe-tulum-akumal-coba

These are the links to each of the 3 different locations, if you click on each of them then click on the photos in turn you are given a 360 degree view of each point - pretty good

Tulum Gazebo wedding location is on the furthest right of this picture

http://www.bahia-principe.com/en/hotels/riviera-maya/resort-tulum/map

Akumal wedding location is roughly on the large beach area in front of the swimming pool that is on the left side of this picture. Coba is the area in the background - it is central and doesnt have it's own beach area.

http://www.bahia-principe.com/en/hotels/riviera-maya/resort-akumal/map

Coba

http://www.bahia-principe.com/en/hotels/riviera-maya/resort-coba/map

Anyone have their entire playlist?

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/42149/anyone-have-their-entire-playlist/

Enjoy the journey  Kirstin X