Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• VIP Member

Allow me to be of assistance!!!

It's like my favorite color combo.  I literally get giddy when I show up for a wedding and my bride's bouquet looks like that!

• VIP Member

Awe!  And I'd say yes... if I wasn't already married :)

You've been added!!!!  Be prepared... it's hot!  But the lighting was perfect for the August 10th wedding we just did there and the gazebo area gets a nice breeze.

Hi all,

So 7 weeks on Saturday until we fly out for our wedding, starting to panic about getting everything sorted now, lol. (Please can you add me to the roll call - in resort from 13th - 27th October and get married on the 24th) Thanks. I know I've seen the answer in here somewhere but I can't remember, can anyone tell me how long the walk down the aisle is for the Tulum gazebo and for the Tulum beach palapas please...in minutes for songs. Xx.....and do you know if roses and gerbera's are included in the bouquet we get included in the wedding package - do I need to send Jazmin a picture with the colours before we go or can they just get them dyed to any colour while we are there? Jazmin said our reception will be at the club diamond pool - does this mean anything to anyone, I'm debating on bringing lanterns to decorate, do you think we need them or is it nice enough without and if we do bring them how many do you think we will need? I'm sure I'm going to have lots more silly little questions over the next couple of weeks while we get all the last minute bits sorted so thank you in advance,lol.....

Nic. Xx

Thanks Trisha! I think my group is most concerned with the beach bar being rebuilt :) the wedding can be anywhere and we're happy!!

Is it okay that I'm not nervous yet?? I think I'm the next up! 

Nic - I looked through her flower photos and sent her back my own. Gerbers and roses are definitely included in the free bouquet. My girls are having white gerbers and daisies (with teal ribbon) and mine will be a colorful mix of whatever. The bridesmaid dresses are a beautiful teal color so I think the white will offset it nicely. I hoped for blue orchids and white gerbers but she quoted me $100 for just mine, and I didn't want to pay any more!

• VIP Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettingwed12 View Post

Hi all,

So 7 weeks on Saturday until we fly out for our wedding, starting to panic about getting everything sorted now, lol. (Please can you add me to the roll call - in resort from 13th - 27th October and get married on the 24th) Thanks. I know I've seen the answer in here somewhere but I can't remember, can anyone tell me how long the walk down the aisle is for the Tulum gazebo and for the Tulum beach palapas please...in minutes for songs. Xx.....and do you know if roses and gerbera's are included in the bouquet we get included in the wedding package - do I need to send Jazmin a picture with the colours before we go or can they just get them dyed to any colour while we are there? Jazmin said our reception will be at the club diamond pool - does this mean anything to anyone, I'm debating on bringing lanterns to decorate, do you think we need them or is it nice enough without and if we do bring them how many do you think we will need? I'm sure I'm going to have lots more silly little questions over the next couple of weeks while we get all the last minute bits sorted so thank you in advance,lol.....

Nic. Xx

I can look at my photographs of Mariah walking down the aisle to be certain, but it's about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes to walk to the ceremony site.  Longer for the Palapas as you'd have to make a turn :)

Club Diamond Pool, eh?  That's over by the gazebo more.  Mariah's was at the main pool, so I'm not sure about the hanging of lanterns.  I know that you don't NEED them.  And there aren't necessarily easy places to string them from... but it can usually be done.

Originally Posted by cheeky26 View Post

Thanks Trisha! I think my group is most concerned with the beach bar being rebuilt :) the wedding can be anywhere and we're happy!!

Is it okay that I'm not nervous yet?? I think I'm the next up! 

Yeah, I'm not sure if the beach bar will be ready or not.  The one by the Club Golden part of Akumal was completely gone.  As in, all that was left in the morning was the sink!!!  Not even kidding.

The swing bar that used to be by the pier is just the concrete base and a tapper!  I REALLY need to remember to post pictures, it's kind of amusing.

But they really do work hard to fix it, so by next month, it might be shiny and new!!

• VIP Member

I would use a travel agent.  I have had really bad experience with booking through Expedia and most travel agents can not only match prices of online competitors, but they can also get you free things, such as private transfers.

Plus, when at 4am at the airport you have a problem, it's really nice to be able to call and talk to someone that you can understand and who actually has a little bit of sympathy!  Trust me... it's happened... actually twice just this month on my way to the Gran Bahia!

Originally Posted by Alskipworth View Post

Hi, just wondering how everyone had their guests book travel. Did you have the resort block off rooms? I think booking through Expedia would be cheaper but I'd be afraid the rooms would fill up before all my guests were able to book!

I agree with Trish. Go with a TA, they will price match and there are usually a ton of perks. My Husband and I ended up getting our flights & accommodations for free. Plus if guests have a question about booking you can refer them to your TA rather than look up the information yourself. It can take away a lot of the stress!