Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by Emily2012 View Post

Ok so I'm going to attempt my review whilst little one is playing.

Arrival

We arrived at the hotel aprox 5.30 pm and was greated by some of our guests that was already there which was lovely, we had a cocktail waiting for us and check in went ok, I was kind of expecting me and chris to get a private check in but didn't happen, although it didn't really matter.

Rooms

When we opened our door I was bait disappointed as I had emailed eugenia specially to request a decent view and not to be on the ground floor as we like to relax on the balcony in the evening.

We had a bush in front of us and a ground floor room!!! We went to reception and requested we move rooms ( we don not normally complain but I didn't want it to spoil our hol) they moved our room and got a half decent view but not the best.

That evening we just went the Buffett had a drink and off to bed for a fresh start in the morning.

Meeting

Our meeting with eugenia was at 10.30 on our first day which was great as we didn't have to do anything then until the wedding day.

The meeting went smoothly and eugenia had all the notes from emailed I had sent so was all organised. I handed over extra bits for the day I had taken, petals, crystals for tables, lilac material for hammock etc....

We had to then go to the hacienda for our blood tests which was quick and easy once we had waited for the hacienda bus to arrive.

Over the next few days are guests started arriving, we had a night out for the you gowns at the hacienda night club which was fun.

The night before the wedding

I had booked a table for 16 at one of the resturants and was disappointed that they could not sit us all together or even near each other there was two tables on complete opposite sides of the resturant which was annoying as we wanted this time to spend with our family before the big day.

Me and chris spent the night apart he in our room me with my parents and didn't see each other until I walked down to him on the wedding day.

The wedding day

All the girls met for breakfast at half seven we had champaign breakfast in the Buffett, it was great until it suddenly started to rain, lol everyone kept saying its good lick it will clear!

I then went back to my moms room with the mother of bride, maid of humour, 3 bridesmaid flower girls and my hairdresser and beautician, luckily mom and sis had adjoining rooms so we had more space to get ready, we spent the morning having our hairs done, chatting drinking champaign ( we had brought in the airport going) it kept showering outside and then brightening up so I was ok with that! The girls went and got lunch to bring to the room it really was perfect.

The photographer came at 3.20 I had to leave my dress hanging as he wanted pics before I was ready, it was a little rush putting the dress on after pics but worked out fine, by this point it was raining real bad( the only day of rain we had by this point) eugenia rang and said she needed an to no there and then if we wanted to change the evening disco from poolside to inside as it couldn't be changed to inside at a later time, as it was raining we decided to change inside which I was gutted about as I had imagined it being out side and had seen some whilst there that looked ace, any how we choose inside and good job we did.

The flowers came, I had white roses and the bridesmaid had white and lilac roses, they was nice.

The photographer left and the buggy came to pick us up I said to one of the bridesmaid why we going the beach when it's raining and then it stopped the sun came out as if it new I was on my way lol.

By this point I was getting emotional but not yet crying I was just soooooo excited to get to chris.

We met eugenia at the beach bushes so chris couldn't see beyond, she weed the music and off I went.

I walked down to Eva Cassidy songbird and it was amazing, I had a little cry but not as bad as I thought, when I got to chris it was great, he told me a looked beautifull and had a tear in his eye ( he never cries) the waves was soooo high it was great to watch as we said a vows, it truly was the happiest day of my life, I didn't notice the pho trapper taking all his pics ( we used acricife and had Diego) we signed our documents to train marry me, dj sammy I'm in heaven can delight version, Charlene soraia wherever you will go, it went so fast.

Eugenia had put the lilac material out on the gazebo which looked fab, it was windy so it was flapping about and wished she had wrapped it round the post instead but it still looked ace.

After the ceromony we had a champaign toast and the saxophonist play for 45 mins he was great, some friends wrote our names in the sand in a heart and looked ace in the pics.....

2 guests went up to the resturant dolce vita at 5 to check the tables a put out name cards petal etc... It looked great

Food

Was at half five guests went in first the us (bride and groom) they clapped us in as we sat down, food was served straight away, we had ham and melon to start, chicken and pasta and our wedding cake for pudding, all of it was great specially the cake which was three milk, we then had speeches shots of tequila and then headed to the disco, we had carts waiting outside to take all the guests to the ballroom, it had started raining again at this point so we was happy with the ballroom, it was set up nice, dj was the resort dj he was ok we had to ask him to turn the music up a few times lol.... I would have him again as it saved a lot of hassle sorting songs out, the bar was fine to and we even managed to get a big bottle of tequila for our reception back home from the bar, we had our first dance Charlene sorya whereever you will go and partied the night away.

We loved our wedding and would do it all again.

We enjoyed the rest of our hol with guests and had a day on our own at explore which was ace.

I will try at add some pics for you. Xxxxxxxxxx

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=t.735360206&type=1

Congratulations Emily. Great to read your review and your pictures are beautiful. Sorry to hear you had rain though. Think I might be risking rain in November. 

Just a few questions if you dont mind helping

Did you do the document translations?

Did you give your WC the ribbon for your bouquet or did they put it on?

Where did you get the suits from?

Were you given various options for the musician? I have seen on here that people have had the musician play at the meal and in the lobby bar before dinner and Jazmin is telling me this is against hotel policy and we can only have them at the ceremony. Also I have asked if there are any other options to the guitar she has offered me and she said no. Yet you had a saxophonist. I think she is telling me porkies.

Originally Posted by Rachael View Post

I have wrote a review and on a totally different thread, how do I link it to here?

Congratulations. Thanks for the review. Can we see pics?

Just got a couple of questions if you don't mind.

What sort of confetti did you take?

What sand ceremony kit did you take and how did you get it there and home again?

Did you get your documents translated before you went?

Thank you for the info...we decided to go with just a symbolic wedding we want to have as much time there after we get married?  The package information that was sent to me only gave me one option (Remember) for a symbolic wedding package!  Are there more I am not aware of or is that our only choice?

Hi fraggle

I ordered my confetti off E bay. It was bio de gradable and the wedding co ordinator asked me when I handed it over, whether it was bio de gradable. I bought 17 envelopes filled with it for not much in cost.

I bought the heart shaped sand ceremony kit from Angelic weddings.com  with one extra vase as there are 4 in our family. Me and Joe and our 2 children. One of the vases did have a slight crack but otherwise transported in the box all the way from U.K pretty well and I could not tell on the pics one of the vases had a slight crack. I left it wrapped up in the box and wrapped beach towels all the way around it and put it in suitcase marked "FRAGILE"  To transport back, unfortunately our flower girl had got hold of it and poured ithe sand on her dress, so the sand got a bit mixed up. It was just a little blip bt to transport home we stuffed the top with tissue and wrapped in a carrier bag in the "fragile" suitcase and it was fine, upon arriving home :))) 

We did not get our documents translated before we went, it does feel strange that we are married and we have to wait to change name, without our certificate.

Any more question's and I'm here xxx

Gena

I took them with us, already wrote.....Just to save any extra work when we got there, try and do a seating plan as I totally forgot about that one!!! You are going to LOVE it and I worried about the 1pm ceremony but I am soooo pleased it was 1pm....It was fab :)))) xxx

Originally Posted by GenaP View Post

Just a quick question! Do we have to supply place cards for seating at the dinner? Or do they make those up for you... We leave in 4 days!

My WC has suggested I take my own in one of the emails she sent so I presume they don't do them.