Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by gettingwed12 View Post

Hi......can anyone who's been married here from the UK tell me what the deal is with the documents....from what Jazmin has told me and what I've read, we need to take the English original documents of both of our birth certificates & my deed poll document from when I changed my surname when I was younger....we also need to take Spanish translations of these which have to be certified by a solicitor....Thomas cook also say that we then need to have all 6 of these documents legalised by the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office as well.....is this necessary for all of the documents? Does anyone have any contacts on where to get this done at a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance

Hi, 

Thomas Cook told me I need everything translated and apostled etc which would have cost about £200. See below for what Jazmin has told me

'Thank you for the marriage application, these are the only 3 documents you need to present, no translation, no any additional document. 

1).- Valid passport  (English are fine)
2).- Tourist card (are the ones that you going to get after arrival to our country at the Airport), "
 and please make be aware of the importance to bring this card complete (no broken because If it is not able to read then will need to come back to the airport in Cancun for a new one with extra charge)
3).- Blood test be done here at our Medical Center at the Hacienda Doña Isabel that is at the main entrance of our 3 resorts

Note, the 4 witnesses need to present valid passport + touristic card (please make sure your card have the complete number of code on top " it is like 11 numbers behind a cod bar"'

I have checked this by googling the info and it is correct for this particular state in Mexico and other UK brides on this page have told me the same. We are having the legal ceremony. I think the requirements are slightly different though if either person has changed their name or been divorced so this may be why she has told you something different to us. Sorry I do not know any more than that.

Thank you!!

I'm concerned about not taking the documents and then not been able to get married when we get there for some reason but really don't want to waste £200+ for nothing...will just have to trust Jazmin and hope for best! xx

Originally Posted by fraggle42 View Post

Hi, 

Thomas Cook told me I need everything translated and apostled etc which would have cost about £200. See below for what Jazmin has told me

'Thank you for the marriage application, these are the only 3 documents you need to present, no translation, no any additional document. 

1).- Valid passport  (English are fine)
2).- Tourist card (are the ones that you going to get after arrival to our country at the Airport), "
 and please make be aware of the importance to bring this card complete (no broken because If it is not able to read then will need to come back to the airport in Cancun for a new one with extra charge)
3).- Blood test be done here at our Medical Center at the Hacienda Doña Isabel that is at the main entrance of our 3 resorts

Note, the 4 witnesses need to present valid passport + touristic card (please make sure your card have the complete number of code on top " it is like 11 numbers behind a cod bar"'

I have checked this by googling the info and it is correct for this particular state in Mexico and other UK brides on this page have told me the same. We are having the legal ceremony. I think the requirements are slightly different though if either person has changed their name or been divorced so this may be why she has told you something different to us. Sorry I do not know any more than that.

Originally Posted by gettingwed12 View Post

Thank you!!

I'm concerned about not taking the documents and then not been able to get married when we get there for some reason but really don't want to waste £200+ for nothing...will just have to trust Jazmin and hope for best! xx

Yea I felt the same. It is a worry that you different things from different sources. Maybe some previous UK brides will read this and reassure us. I have read somewhere on here of at least 2 people who had the legal ceremony and did not require the translations. I think one was from Canada but the other was definitely from the UK. Like I said it may be different for your deed poll document.

Exactly one month till our departure today! Can't believe how close it is getting!

I've got a few questions as I start getting my welcome booklets ready:

1. We're going to have a welcome dinner the second evening we are there, we'd love to have a stag/stagette type thing at the resort, and we want to keep it pretty low key as we're not into major partying anymore. I was thinking the boys can go to the sports bar for a bit, and the girls can go to another bar at the resort, then we can all meet up at the disco. Any recommendations on doing something like this, and where we should go?

2. What time does the live music start at the Tulum Lobby Bar? We're getting married at 4 and dinner is at 6, so I am going to recommend our guests have drinks there before dinner. Is that the best location, and will they have some live music to listen to?

3. Do the 24 hour snack bars put away the alcohol at midnight? I thought I read that somewhere, but I've been to other resorts where you can serve your own drinks in the snack bar all night. What should I expect at the GBP?

4. How far in advance do I need to make spa reservations?

Thanks girls!

~Maja

Oh, and also....has anyone done treatments at the Spa there? I want to take my bridal party with me to the spa the morning of the wedding, that being said I don't want to have a massage, or any mud treatments the day of just in case my skin reacts or something. What are the Water Therapy Treatments, etc.? Would those be something we could do that day to hang out and relax?

• VIP Member

Originally Posted by aquamaniac View Post

Exactly one month till our departure today! Can't believe how close it is getting!

I've got a few questions as I start getting my welcome booklets ready:

1. We're going to have a welcome dinner the second evening we are there, we'd love to have a stag/stagette type thing at the resort, and we want to keep it pretty low key as we're not into major partying anymore. I was thinking the boys can go to the sports bar for a bit, and the girls can go to another bar at the resort, then we can all meet up at the disco. Any recommendations on doing something like this, and where we should go?

Coba always seems to have live music or karaoke by the lobby.  I think it'd be super fun if the girls went there.  It was always lively and fun when I've gone.

2. What time does the live music start at the Tulum Lobby Bar? We're getting married at 4 and dinner is at 6, so I am going to recommend our guests have drinks there before dinner. Is that the best location, and will they have some live music to listen to?

Yeah, I don't think it starts that early, honestly, but I could be wrong.  I thought it started around 7 or 8.  But that's still a good location for the guests to go to have a drink before the dinner.  And you can always hire live music if it's in your budget.

3. Do the 24 hour snack bars put away the alcohol at midnight? I thought I read that somewhere, but I've been to other resorts where you can serve your own drinks in the snack bar all night. What should I expect at the GBP?

Yeah... I actually don't drink... or stay up late!  LOL!  I'm such a loser.  So I can't really answer.  But when we were there for our wedding I know everyone ended up at the Hacienda.  They had live music in the terrace until the Disco opened and the sports bar was there too, so everyone just ended up there.  I BELIEVE the 24 hour snack bars have beer spigots at all times though.

4. How far in advance do I need to make spa reservations?

I would make them immediately... it's only a month until you leave!!

Thanks girls!

~Maja

• VIP Member

hacienda is in it's own little world.  You take a very color tram there from all three resorts.  It's right at the entrance right by the highway.  Although, from Tulum you can walk there... but most people ride the tram anyways.

I posted about the golf course prices back in January when I got back... I forget though. 

Online I found $250 for 2 people including golf club rentals and cart.