Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• VIP Member

Awe!  Thanks so much Cynthia! 

You're welcome Christy!  I think your guests will really enjoy it.  Plus, you can ask the wedding coordinator if she'll have a private area for your group.  Typically at that time you don't really need it, but if you're having a trio or mariachi play then it's a great place to do that.

Hi girls After nearly 3 weeks from hearing anything from the wedding co ordinators...I finally have the info on a private event ....but unfortunately I don't understand it! It says We could have a thematic meal for 50 people @ 50USD per person. We only have 16 coming!!! my family sure can eat alot of food but definitly not 50 persons worth!! Does anyone know, is 50 the minimum? I'm thinking maybe now having a cocktail party, I have seen on here that some of you girls have paid the cheapest drinks option and got the full range :) has that happe ned with just a cocktail aprty or was that paying for 50+ having a sit down meal Many thanks x

When I inquired about having a private dinner I was told the minimum was 50 ppl. That's what we were originally leaning towards as well. We decided to go with the dinner that is provided and have the poolside reception instead and hopefully we will get the best of both worlds.

Originally Posted by Rachael View Post

Hi girls
After nearly 3 weeks from hearing anything from the wedding co ordinators...I finally have the info on a private event ....but unfortunately I don't understand it! It says We could have a thematic meal for 50 people @ 50USD per person. We only have 16 coming!!! my family sure can eat alot of food but definitly not 50 persons worth!!
Does anyone know, is 50 the minimum? I'm thinking maybe now having a cocktail party, I have seen on here that some of you girls have paid the cheapest drinks option and got the full range :) has that happe ned with just a cocktail aprty or was that paying for 50+ having a sit down meal
Many thanks x

• VIP Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael View Post

Hi girls
After nearly 3 weeks from hearing anything from the wedding co ordinators...I finally have the info on a private event ....but unfortunately I don't understand it! It says We could have a thematic meal for 50 people @ 50USD per person. We only have 16 coming!!! my family sure can eat alot of food but definitly not 50 persons worth!!
Does anyone know, is 50 the minimum? I'm thinking maybe now having a cocktail party, I have seen on here that some of you girls have paid the cheapest drinks option and got the full range :) has that happe ned with just a cocktail aprty or was that paying for 50+ having a sit down meal
Many thanks x

There is the thematic dinner and then there is another option, but that is for 35 people minimum (well, it was when I got married).  So you're probably going to want to do dinner at a restaurant and then drinks and dancing outside. 

As for the drink options, those who have been lucky didn't necessarily have the 50+ people for a sit down meal.  The wedding I just photographed had their dinner at Portofino and full bar at the jacuzzi pool :)

As for the two right shoes... ROFL!  I'm sorry, that totally sucks, but when you think about it, it's pretty hilarious.  Like, how does that happen?!? 

A lil confused - as we're having a private dinner/dance reception ALL poolside and I only have 32 people (so far)
I was never told I had to have a minimum amount of guests

Originally Posted by AD2012 View Post

When I inquired about having a private dinner I was told the minimum was 50 ppl. That's what we were originally leaning towards as well. We decided to go with the dinner that is provided and have the poolside reception instead and hopefully we will get the best of both worlds.

• VIP Member

I would ask about it.

We only had 32 people in total, but we paid for 35.  If I would have choosen the theamtic dinner I would have had to pay for 50.

Did she send you the dinner menus?  Which one did you choose?