Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Katie,

Thank you for sharing your story and reminding us all how precious life is, we all get caught up in the hype and we take things for granted. Wishing your FI a speedy recovery! And happy planning!

~Maja

Originally Posted by katiemac View Post

Hi Everyone again!

This will be a different type of post...

My FI has been battling cancer since April of 2012.  He has had chemo, one minor and two major surgeries.  We were under the impression he was in the clear.  We picked our resort, ordered STDs, made our wedding website and picked our bridal party. My FI began experiencing headaches that were abnormal.  I emailed his oncologist and an MRI was ordered. On Valentine's Day, we were called and told that he had a 4cm brain tumor and to go to the hospital immediately.  We have been so positive, but when you hear brain surgery, I thought the worst.  He still made an effort to make me smile and happy on Valentine's Day even though we were in the hospital.  The surgery was this morning.  He looks great.  They got the tumor.  He has no side effects that we were warned of.  It is amazing.  The neurology team is amazing and sensitive and patient.  We are waiting for the pathology to confirm that the tumor is cancer, and he has to start radiation if so.  

I am sharing this because I searched BDW site for a group for the people that are planning their wedding in the midst of illness.  There didn't seem to be any.  Not to preach, but cherish your health, and the health of your partner.  I felt like the luckiest woman on earth today when I saw him in recovery.  I share my story, because I know people will wish him the best.  And we need that!

On a lighter note, I am pumped to go back to planning.  I came back from the hospital today to find my STDs delivered.  It looks like I will have something to keep me busy while I keep him company in the hospital--carefully print the addresses of my favourite people on the planet to invite to my DW in Mexico.  

Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that this is nearly the end of our journey with cancer.

I hope this was inspiring rather than depressing.  

Katie

This could be a really dumb question.  How do you download songs for the ceremony without them being mp3's? 

Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

For fun, I went and looked up the music I used :)

For the guests being seated I used Burning Love by Elvis.  This is an inside joke with my husband that was a surprise that I thought would make him smile... turns out... he couldn't hear the music from where they had him hidden!  Oh well!

My mom & Shawn's mom walked Shawn down the aisle, and then our parents poured the foundation of our sand into the vase.  During that, I'll Stand By You by Carrie Underwood played.

The couples walked down to Lost in the Moment by Big & Rich.

I walked down to Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole which is almost a five minute song.  They faded it out when I arrived and after my dad handed me off.

The sand ceremony was I'll Stand By You again.

For the signing of the ducments... yeah, didn't know I needed a song for that, so they kept I'll Stand By You going.

Our Recessional was Walking on Sunshine by Aly & AJ.

Glad to hear he may be coming home.  I wish you health and a beautiful wedding day.

Sarah

Originally Posted by katiemac View Post

Thanks for the kind words...

Graydon is in stable condition and might even come home today!  Crazy considering he had brain surgery yesterday.  I am fairly certain his prognosis is good because the tumor in his brain was not primary brain cancer.  I am happy that people are sending positive vibes and prayer our way..every bit counts. 

Katie

Katie - I did find your post inspiring because after all you have been through you still sound so optimistic and are still fighting! I am sending well wishes and all the best to you, your fiance, and all your loved ones.

Songs - I am having a bit of a hard time picking out all our songs as well... but I discovered The Vitamin String Quartet (VSQ) recently and have been super inspired. They cover soooo many songs from classic rock to pop culture that it giving you so many options to bring in those elements, while still bringing in classical, elegant options as well. Out of the five recommended songs we have two picked out. I am going to walk down the aisle to VSQ's cover of Lady Gaga's Edge of Glory. I am huge fan of hers and she wrote the song about the love between her grandparents so I thought it fit quite well for us. For the signing of the documents we are going to have VSQ's cover of The Foo Fighters Everlong as that is kinda our song :) Other than that we are still trying to pick them out!

Hello Ladies...

My FI is home!  So crazy...just lying on the couch like nothing happened.  We do have to wait for the pathology to come back, so he may need to undergo radiation and more chemotherapy. He is just happy to be home with me and our dog.

I stayed up late and addressed each and every STD envelope and could not be happier.  I have to be optimistic and know that we will be married on the beach next March.  

Thanks for all of the kind words.  The women on this forum are not only helpful and giving, but so generous with their support too.

Me and another bride are considering starting a thread for couples that are planning weddings in the midst of illness.  It feels wonderful knowing people read my post and sent a positive thought our way.  

Enjoy your planning and I am sure that I will have questions for you girls soon about wedding related issues!!

Katie

Katie

So pleased your fl is home, have a lovely night and weekend. Wishing you both the best of luck for the pathology to come back. The thread sounds like a nice idea and it will be great to support each other, still keep us posted in here. Pleased you got your STD cards done, well done with everything you have going on at the minute, did you make them yourself? x

Trish

Thank you very much for the gym pics :))) will pass them on to my brother x