Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for destination photographer at a decent rate? I am looking to bring a wedding photographer down with me to shoot the wedding, TTD, and an excursion event! Thanks in advance for all your help!

great question dfranklin!  I am not sure what kind of lanterns you are talking about, but I was looking into maybe bringing down paper lanterns.  Maybe I haven't looked through enough photos yet but I haven't seen anyone that has used paper lanterns at the reception....I found some battery operated ones I like but I wasn't sure if there would be any place at the reception to hang lanterns from. 

I see you're from Edmonton, I am also bringing down my own photographer. Mostly because the resort charges ridiculous prices (in my opinion) for what you get. I'm not sure what your budget is, but I've chosen to go with Andras Schram - he's fairly pricey - but he's only a couple thousand more than the resort photog and instead of a couple hundred pictures - I'm getting a couple thousand.
You can check him out if you like..

www.adrasschram.com

Another fantasic photographer out of Calgary is Vitalia Daza. She's very good and quite a bit cheaper.

www.dazaphotography.com

Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for destination photographer at a decent rate? I am looking to bring a wedding photographer down with me to shoot the wedding, TTD, and an excursion event! Thanks in advance for all your help!

• VIP Member

Andrea,

I haven't really seen any pictures of lanterns used during a reception at the Bahia.  I've definitely heard people talk about bringing them, but I haven't seen them actually used.  On the official thread that I created I'd quickly go through all the linked photos just to be sure, but I don't recall seeing any.

I know a great one! She's based out of Calgary and she loves to destination weddings. All my friends have used her for their weddings, local and destination. Check out her website:

http://www.shiphotography.com/index2.php

Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post

Originally Posted by cdlillad View Post

nikki17 - Sara Tamargo did a great job. 

I highly recommend her!!  On the wedding day, the bride's hair and makeup cost together is $150.00 USD.  Hair and makeup for each bridesmaid is $130.  You will need to tell your wedding coordinator that you have someone coming onsite, or else they won't let her in the security gate.  I had that problem and it caused a lot of stress for me.  Keep in mind that you may have to pay a day pass for the makeup lady AND the hair lady that she brings.  It gets kinda expensive, but I think it's well worth it.  It was a miracle that my makeup stayed on all day and night with all the sweating I did outside.  Also, I recommend getting your hair fixed completely up, because it's really hot outside and windy.

I still had to pay to have the poolside reception, I just bought the basic package with beer, margaritas, and sparkling wine.  They didn't charge any fee to serve the extra alcohol that I provided.

Gracias Christie...

Thank you for this amazing recommendation and testimonial :)  It was my pleasure being part of your wedding day and hopefully I'll get to know more brides at Gran Bahia Principe!  YOU LOOKED AMAZING.

Christi wedding.jpg

Saludos!

Sara

Thanks girls!! I'll definitely check out those websites! My budget is around $5000 to $6000, and I definitely agree with Sunshine2680 about the resort ridiculous prices!! Did anybody bring down their own videoorgrapher? 

Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 View Post

I see you're from Edmonton, I am also bringing down my own photographer. Mostly because the resort charges ridiculous prices (in my opinion) for what you get. I'm not sure what your budget is, but I've chosen to go with Andras Schram - he's fairly pricey - but he's only a couple thousand more than the resort photog and instead of a couple hundred pictures - I'm getting a couple thousand.
You can check him out if you like..

www.adrasschram.com

Another fantasic photographer out of Calgary is Vitalia Daza. She's very good and quite a bit cheaper.

www.dazaphotography.com

Originally Posted by KRama View Post

I know a great one! She's based out of Calgary and she loves to destination weddings. All my friends have used her for their weddings, local and destination. Check out her website:

http://www.shiphotography.com/index2.php