Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Hi everybody!

This is Melanie! Julian Molina was the DJ for our wedding and he did an amazing job at keeping the party going! Our guests were dancing from 9 to 11pm and could have gone on for more!  Julian did a really good job at pleasing the wide age range at the party by switching up the different genres so that everybody was dancing the entire time! The props were also great - balloons, masks, glow sticks! SO MUCH FUN!!!

Before the wedding, Julian was very quick to respond to my emails and definitely helped to calm my anxiety and fear for the wedding day.  He abided by our song list and was able to fulfill all our requests! He was very professional throughout the entire process and we stayed in contact up until a couple days before the wedding.

My husband and I were on the fence about the LED dance floor and we are soooo happy we got it! It was a huge hit and it definitely helped to keep the excitement level up! We did speeches on that floor, danced on the floor, limbo-ed on the floor - it was awesome!

There are not a lot of review for Julian on this forum but I definitely encourage all of you to think about hiring him for your special day! Very professional and reliable!

THANKS, JULIAN!!!

Cdillard - I had to get 1 visitor's day pass of $90 USD. 

Hi Ladies, we are considering this resort for our wedding in March 2012. I've spent some time reading the threads, but still have a couple of questions. Does this resort allow you to bring outside photographers? Would we just need to pay for the day pass for them to come do our photos for the day? We are considering this, or bringing someone down from Vancouver as our guest. Also, does anyone have a PDF of the resort's wedding packages, and price list of all of their extras? We'll most likely have 50+ ppl and a private reception,etc? My email address is raegan_jay@hotmail.com.

Thanks for anyone who can provide me with some details!!

This resort will not allow outside photographers in. They use Arrecife - and their photots are pretty decent but I find that their photo packages are a bit of a rip off.
Ill be having my wedding in Nov 2012 - and Im currently looking at photographers from Calgary to bring down. I had found a great one from Playa Del Carmen- but the only way you can get around the outside photographer rule - is to book them into the resort for 3 nights and then they are considered a 'guest' at your wedding. So at that point I just figured I should have someone from home come down .
Its your choice tho..

Ironically you can bring other outside vendors in like hair and makeup...DJ..etc - and can pay the $90USD resort day pass - but for photographers - they are strictly contracted through the resort -

I don't have the pdf's for everything else - maybe someone else can help with that

Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post

Hi Ladies, we are considering this resort for our wedding in March 2012. I've spent some time reading the threads, but still have a couple of questions. Does this resort allow you to bring outside photographers? Would we just need to pay for the day pass for them to come do our photos for the day? We are considering this, or bringing someone down from Vancouver as our guest. Also, does anyone have a PDF of the resort's wedding packages, and price list of all of their extras? We'll most likely have 50+ ppl and a private reception,etc? My email address is raegan_jay@hotmail.com.

Thanks for anyone who can provide me with some details!!

hey, we're coming from the UK for our wedding in Jan 2012.... coming round quickly! and i've just had my first email off Eugenia; very exciting!!!

Just wondered if anyone knew if i need to get my passport/ birth certificate etc translated into spanish at all?? our travel agent said no but im not sure!! I will ask Eugenia also but not sure how quickly she will reply~!

Anyone know?? x

Thanks Melanie!  So even if Julian brought 2 assistants, you only paid for 1 external pass??  That would be great because I thought I was going to have to pay $270 for DJ and $180 for hair and makeup ladies.

Christi

Originally Posted by melmed View Post

Hi everybody!

This is Melanie! Julian Molina was the DJ for our wedding and he did an amazing job at keeping the party going! Our guests were dancing from 9 to 11pm and could have gone on for more!  Julian did a really good job at pleasing the wide age range at the party by switching up the different genres so that everybody was dancing the entire time! The props were also great - balloons, masks, glow sticks! SO MUCH FUN!!!

Before the wedding, Julian was very quick to respond to my emails and definitely helped to calm my anxiety and fear for the wedding day.  He abided by our song list and was able to fulfill all our requests! He was very professional throughout the entire process and we stayed in contact up until a couple days before the wedding.

My husband and I were on the fence about the LED dance floor and we are soooo happy we got it! It was a huge hit and it definitely helped to keep the excitement level up! We did speeches on that floor, danced on the floor, limbo-ed on the floor - it was awesome!

There are not a lot of review for Julian on this forum but I definitely encourage all of you to think about hiring him for your special day! Very professional and reliable!

THANKS, JULIAN!!!

Cdillard - I had to get 1 visitor's day pass of $90 USD. 

Hey Christi,

I didn't let them know that Julian was bringing assistants.  I actually didn't even know about it.  During our meeting, I just said I needed 1 visitor's pass.  My hair and make up stylists were a team of 3 and I had inquired about just getting 1 day pass since they were not using any of the resort facilities.  They were on the fence about 1 day pass for 3 people but when I went to pay my bill after the trip they had only charged for 1 day pass for the hair/make up team.  The wedding coordinators are open to negotiation!

Good luck with the wedding!

Melanie

OOT bag questions - I leave this Saturday and I'm starting to panic.  pinkie.gifFor brides who have given OOT bags, do you have the hotel put the bags in the room (I'm afraid the hotel might lose them)? Or do you try to find each person to give them to?  All of my guests are arriving on different days and different flights (coming from all over).  I don't even have the tote bags yet, I only have the things to go in the bags.  Is there anywhere in the U.S. that I can buy the tote bags cheap and in person? 

FYI - future brides, when you are selecting music for your ceremony...I found the following website good for classical/traditional songs. http://www.sfstrings.com/repertoirewedding.htm

According to Jazmin, my coordinator, we will need 5 songs (each approximately 3-4 minutes)
1 for bridesmaids
1 for the bride's entrance (processional)
2 for signing
1 for the couple departure (recessional)

Additional songs:

1 more song for lasso, if you are doing this (Mexican tradition)

Will I need another song for the flower girl?

Hi everyone...

I am booked at the Bahia Principe Tulum for December 8th, 2011. I am super excited, and want to make sure everything goes well!  I have 25 guests coming from all across Canada. I have a few questions.

I received an email from Maria, but there was a mix up and they had me booked at Coba. My travel agent spoke with Paloma, and she guaranteed me that I am booked properly. I have asked Maria to forward me the Tulum restaurant choices, but she doesn't seem very quick in responding. Can anyone forward me those menues, so I can make a choice and send it to her?

Also, how soon in advance to I need to let them know I want a reception? I am thinking we want a 2 hour reception after the dinner. MY thought was poolside, and I was going to see if I brought some floating candles and holders, if they can be placed in the water. Has anyone heard of this before, or know if this would be possible? We also will need a DJ i think for the reception.

Also, I need to book a hair appointment for myself and my bridesmaids. How far in advance can I do this?

Thanks for your help, I am just getting started, and feel slightly lost! I want it to be perfect!!