Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Sunshine,

Yes... that's sucks...

If I'm right (girls, let me know ;o)), there are 3 options:

1. A la carte restaurants: free (it counts as your guests free meal)

2. "Theme nights": minimum of 50 people

Here what I found some posts ago...

Gala dinner:
6 starters, 2 soups, 6 main dishes (with seafood), dessert $72 US$/pers
BBQ dinner:
5 starters, 5 main dishes, dessert buffet
$46 US$/pers
Mexican night:
5 starters, 5 main dishes, dessert buffet 46 US$/pers
Caribbean night:
5 starters, 5 main dishes, dessert buffet 48 US$/pers

3. Private meals : minimum of 35 people

Paella:
Seafood Paella, SangrÃ*a, beers and sodas
20 US$ /per
Mixed Grill:
Arrachera steak, pork cutlet, chicken, sausage, beers, sodas
20 US$/ per
Taquiza:
5 varieties of Tacos with rice, beans and guacamole, beers, sodas
15US$/per
American:
Hamburgers, Hot Dog, French Fries, beers and sodas
12US$/per

If you want one of those dinners, you have to pay for 35 or 50 ‘headsâ€â€¦ I suppose...

+ open bar option…

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 View Post

Awe - so does this mean you can't have your reception (dinner, cake, speeches, 1st dance) by the poolside unless there's 50 people??

If so -that sucks - I didn't think you needed a minimum about of people if you're paying per head.

So does that only leave the restaurants for a reception?

Sorry- My definition of wedding reception is the whole thing from dinner - to 1st dance...
Anything after that i consider the 'After-party'

:) nooooo.... you can have whatever you want, money talk... but seriously.... in the wedding package usually dinner at A la-cart restaurant is included where you have your dinner and cake with desert.  Anything else is optional.  you cannot have dance at the restaurant.  If you want 1st dance, you can request a DJ for after dinner that is $190 per hour and drinks (which depends on which package you choose).  This option does not require any minimum number of people.

Other option is to get a private dinner (you need minimum 50 people for that) by the pool, or on the beach (think that is your only options). 

Maybe it will help if I describe the order of events for the day.

2 pm (or whatever time is your wedding) - ceremony

2:30 pm - toast on the beach (this can be included in the package or if not you can pay extra for this)

2:45 pm - photography session with resort photographer

AFTER THIS YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS:

Option One (whatever number of people)

5:30 pm - dinner at a la-cart restaurant (you get to choose your restaurant and menu while corresponding with wedding coordinator) where you cut your cake as well

7:30 pm - pool side reception with first dance, toasts, etc (with DJ (they have mic for toasts, and drinks) you have to pay extra for this until whatever time you want

Option Two (minimum 50 people required):

5:30 pm (or whatever time is good for you) privet dinner at the pool side or beach

the rest of it I don't know as we were not interested in that package (we only had 20 people)... I think you still get DJ for extra money at the appropriate time.

Extras for pool side reception and private dinner can also include mariacci band, dancers, etc.

Hope that helps.

Hi Melady24

Thank- you so much for the information.  I really appreciate it.  Thanks for giving me the heads up about the dolphinarium...

Originally Posted by melady24 View Post

Quote:

I think people confuse pool side reception with private dinners.  Pool side reception is only drinks, appetizers (if you want them) and music) for any number of people which can be done after the dinner in a-la cart restaurants.  Private dinner is for 50 ppl and up and it costs from $35 I believe per person (don't quote me on that I did not request it).

Pool site reception is $5 per person for special drinks (cocktails and mixers mostly) and $3 per person for extra hour.  There are other, more expensive options (like international liquors, etc) I think it's like $8 and $11 per person.  

And dolphinarium is open from April 16, 2011.  We had our hour with dolphins, it's fun... :)

Wow!  All of this information is great!  You women work wonders on here.  I'm learning more about the resort from this site than the WC!  Does anyone know the difference between the Tulum beach wedding location and the Akumal hammock beach location?  Thanks...

Originally Posted by Andree View Post

Sunshine,

Yes... that's sucks...

If I'm right (girls, let me know ;o)), there are 3 options:

1. A la carte restaurants: free (it counts as your guests free meal)

2. "Theme nights": minimum of 50 people

Here what I found some posts ago...

Gala dinner:
6 starters, 2 soups, 6 main dishes (with seafood), dessert $72 US$/pers
BBQ dinner:
5 starters, 5 main dishes, dessert buffet
$46 US$/pers
Mexican night:
5 starters, 5 main dishes, dessert buffet 46 US$/pers
Caribbean night:
5 starters, 5 main dishes, dessert buffet 48 US$/pers

3. Private meals : minimum of 35 people

Paella:
Seafood Paella, SangrÃ*a, beers and sodas
20 US$ /per
Mixed Grill:
Arrachera steak, pork cutlet, chicken, sausage, beers, sodas
20 US$/ per
Taquiza:
5 varieties of Tacos with rice, beans and guacamole, beers, sodas
15US$/per
American:
Hamburgers, Hot Dog, French Fries, beers and sodas
12US$/per

If you want one of those dinners, you have to pay for 35 or 50 ‘headsâ€â€¦ I suppose...

+ open bar option…

Just had our one year anniversary yesterday! I can't believe how fast a year has gone! We're throwing an anniversary reunion party tomorrow and inviting everyone that came to Mexico with us. It's too bad we couldn't have a reunion at the resort! We had so much fun!

Thanks - that helps a bit - I was really hoping to have poolside- but even if its just the dance and cake I'm ok with that
there's no way i'll have 50 people so the private deal on the beach/pool wont' be happening sad.gif

Quote:

:) nooooo.... you can have whatever you want, money talk... but seriously.... in the wedding package usually dinner at A la-cart restaurant is included where you have your dinner and cake with desert.  Anything else is optional.  you cannot have dance at the restaurant.  If you want 1st dance, you can request a DJ for after dinner that is $190 per hour and drinks (which depends on which package you choose).  This option does not require any minimum number of people.

Other option is to get a private dinner (you need minimum 50 people for that) by the pool, or on the beach (think that is your only options). 

Maybe it will help if I describe the order of events for the day.

2 pm (or whatever time is your wedding) - ceremony

2:30 pm - toast on the beach (this can be included in the package or if not you can pay extra for this)

2:45 pm - photography session with resort photographer

AFTER THIS YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS:

Option One (whatever number of people)

5:30 pm - dinner at a la-cart restaurant (you get to choose your restaurant and menu while corresponding with wedding coordinator) where you cut your cake as well

7:30 pm - pool side reception with first dance, toasts, etc (with DJ (they have mic for toasts, and drinks) you have to pay extra for this until whatever time you want

Option Two (minimum 50 people required):

5:30 pm (or whatever time is good for you) privet dinner at the pool side or beach

the rest of it I don't know as we were not interested in that package (we only had 20 people)... I think you still get DJ for extra money at the appropriate time.

Extras for pool side reception and private dinner can also include mariacci band, dancers, etc.

Hope that helps.

Oh, just remembered.... I wanted to let future brides to know that if you are doing key/tips holders, it would be a good idea to personalize it.  I cannot mention how many times our guests were not able to get into their rooms because they switched their holder... :)  Well, it was mostly us and younger crowd as we were hanging our together on the beach.  :)  We could not find different colours expando bracelets in Canada that's how this all confusion started... :)

Wow- good tip! I was planning on make these! Thanks!

Oh, just remembered.... I wanted to let future brides to know that if you are doing key/tips holders, it would be a good idea to personalize it.  I cannot mention how many times our guests were not able to get into their rooms because they switched their holder... :)  Well, it was mostly us and younger crowd as we were hanging our together on the beach.  :)  We could not find different colours expando bracelets in Canada that's how this all confusion started... :)

For those of you asking about the pool side dinner...you can still do it with less that 35 people, you just have to for 35 people any way. There was only 27 of us, and I had a poolside dinner and dance. It was the best! Of course most people ended up in the pool by the end of the night....but you know that is going to happen friday.gif

melady24 - thanks for sharing the link to your Arrecife photos.  You look beautiful!  The pictures are great! I'm so excited.

I'm in the process of putting together the key card holders now and I was hoping to not have to personalize them.  :-) Because there are some people who still haven't booked their flights yet.  I was hoping since there are different colors then they can keep them straight.  Also, I can't decide if I will print something on both sides (don't really know how to design that) or just one side.