Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

I think since Gran Bahia Principe has an exclusivity agreement with Arrecife, the photographer would have to pretend to be a friend/family member.  So you would need to book them a room for one night.  This is also what a wedding planner in Houston told me they do all the time for destination weddings, because most hotels don't let you bring outside vendors.  So the photographer masquerades as a friend or family member.

I am not lucky enough to have any photographer friends or family coming to the wedding, so I will use Arrecife.  But I am very impressed with Arrecife's work that I've seen online and it seems that they know all the good spots to take the pictures and what poses look nice.  I just have to save up money, because it's going to be expensive at $15 per photo!

Jemma- I am bringing my own photographer from home. I'm just paying for her trip and she is doing 400 photos for me, but since she's booked to stay as a guest she will be attending my wedding as a "guest" that likes to take a lot of photos lol

Originally Posted by Jemma View Post

Hi Sunshine, I am really concerned re :photos.....I'm new to this site but had heard you werent allowed outside vendors but im not 100% sure........Anyone else know for def?!

Generally, are ppl using the resort photographers or relying on family/friends etc.....or can you sneek someone in to take pics?! photos are really important to me and not sure what to expect x 

I thought about booking them into the resort as a 'guest' to the wedding - but the problem is - I can't book it under a false name right? And these hotels are probably very well aware of a lot

of the photographers down in the Mayan.
Anyone know a way around this?
Or I can pay the fee- I dont mind either- because Im willing to do that to have amazing pictures - does anyone know what the fee is?
I'm looking to book Ivan Luckie for my photographer - he's sooo amazing - doing TTD in the cenotes with him too!

Originally Posted by cdlillad View Post

I think since Gran Bahia Principe has an exclusivity agreement with Arrecife, the photographer would have to pretend to be a friend/family member.  So you would need to book them a room for one night.  This is also what a wedding planner in Houston told me they do all the time for destination weddings, because most hotels don't let you bring outside vendors.  So the photographer masquerades as a friend or family member.

I am not lucky enough to have any photographer friends or family coming to the wedding, so I will use Arrecife.  But I am very impressed with Arrecife's work that I've seen online and it seems that they know all the good spots to take the pictures and what poses look nice.  I just have to save up money, because it's going to be expensive at $15 per photo!

Thats reasonable - I know at a couple other resorts its $300!
But just heard back from Jazmin and she said 'no outside vendors' whatsoever

sigh - i dunno what to do wacko.gif

I think Arrecife has some decent quality photos - but the packages bother me bigtime
I can get 500+ photos for LESS than $3200 from another photographer! and i think Arrecife only gives about 180

soooo not fair

Originally Posted by Andree View Post

Hi Sunshine,

I read somewhere on the forum that the day pass is 90$ per person.

Andrée

It doesnt sound like it - but I know Dreams says the same thing
I still think there's a way around it somehow - maybe some current brides who have just been married there can offer some advice
My TA said if I were to book him in for a couple nights as a 'guest' of the wedding - then its fine.
To me its worth the extra $ to have amazing pics

Originally Posted by meows View Post

@sunshine
So no outside photographer at all? even if I will pay for the resort photographer as well? Bummer, might have to reconsider the location then. sad.gif

@Sunshine O! That's better. I did send an email to my travel agent, requesting information about the outside photographer. Last time I checked (last year) outside photog. was allowed as long as I pay the fee and still book the site photographer. I'm perfectly fine with that. (the on-site photographers they have are actually pretty good, but they have this way of taking full body shots that make legs look very short) But booking the photographer in as a guest of the wedding to possibly get around that is an awesome idea. Since I REALLY REALLY do not want to go to a different resort - i like Bahia. :) I'm also probably going to book Ivan Luckie. He's awesome! (hopefully he's available in late Dec.) :)

Got a letter from Bahia. Arrecife studios that it. It appears there is no problem bringing an outside photographer as long as the photographer stays at the resort like the the rest of the guests. Hotel will require some information about the photographer, but overall - it shouldn't be any problem.