Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Where are you decorating with the lanterns?? x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie2011 View Post

I would love to see any pictures of past brides ceremony set up at the hammocks as well =)

Does anybody know if they still have the Mexican fiesta on Thursday nights?

Anybody who wants to buy cheap lanterns should check out this seller on ebay. I bought just 2 to check out the colour and quality and they are great!!!! I only paid a couple dollars for each of them

http://stores.ebay.ca/sunboymarket

Hey futurewifey2011. I am getting married there in June as well. Which week will you be staying there? we are june 25-july 2 (plus an extra week for our honeymoon :) )

Originally Posted by futurewifey2011 View Post

I am going to be getting married at the Coba in June 2011. Have any of you stayed at this resort? And which block of rooms should I request? We will have at least 22 rooms and would love to be close together. Any suggestions?! Please and thank you!

Amy

Julie2011,

Yes, they still have the Mexican Fiesta on Thursdays at the Hacienda. $16 US per person. We treated our guests to the Fiesta in lieu of doing a reception.

If you post your email address, I can send you some pics of the Akumal Hammock wedding site.

Cheers,

Sunnyee

I would love to see any pictures of past brides ceremony set up at the hammocks as well =)

Anybody who wants to buy cheap lanterns should check out this seller on ebay. I bought just 2 to check out the colour and quality and they are great!!!! I only paid a couple dollars for each of them

Thanks, it does help.  Hm... now I am thinking if I should put them in OOT..

Originally Posted by sunnyee View Post

melady24,

We like to bring our own insulated travel mugs to the resort because they keep your drink nice and cold. Also, they are environmentally friendly! Some of the bartenders will remember your cup and the last drink you ordered too. I prefer using a straw with my travel mug and I bring my own supply because they are very hard to come by at the Bahia.

Hope that helps!

Sunnyee

Quote:
Originally Posted by melady24 View Post

I have a question re drinking mugs.  Are resort drinks come in small cups or why would people bring their own mugs to the resort?  (I've never been to an all-inclusive resort... :( )

That's Vista Print... but I was so exited for free stuff... they are only available if you received their e-mail.  subscribe to get their offers.  www.vistaprint.ca or www.vistaprint.com

Originally Posted by cdlillad View Post

Hey Melady24:  What is Vista?  Is that a company and what do they sell?  When I think of Vista, I think of the Microsoft Vista operating system. But I don't think that's what you mean?? haha

Christi

Quote:
Originally Posted by melady24 View Post

Waw, this forum moves quickly.. :)  Just came to post that Vista has tones of FREE offers until Feb 24, 2011.  Hopefully it is not only for e-mail subscribers!

Mannixrox,

I will be at the Bahia the same week as you! I will have to check out your wedding - from a respectful distance of course! What time is your ceremony on the 3rd? You must be getting so excited!

I wish you all the best on your wedding day!

Cheers,

Sunnyee

Originally Posted by mannixrox View Post

Hi there!

Does anyone have any pictures of the poolside reception without any extra decorations from home? I am leaving in 2 and half weeks for akumal and would like to know if i should be bringing anything extra!

Thank you!!!

Yes they do still have the Mexican fiesta on Thursday nights. I remember it being a great time when we went a few years ago!

We will be there the first week of June. Our wedding is the 4th. That will be fun to have the extra week just for you 2! We have a group currently of 48 people. They will all be there for 1 week and we will just stay 2 extra days. But that will be fine. Maybe an excuse to go back next year! ;)

Originally Posted by tanyam View Post

Hey futurewifey2011. I am getting married there in June as well. Which week will you be staying there? we are june 25-july 2 (plus an extra week for our honeymoon :) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurewifey2011 View Post

I am going to be getting married at the Coba in June 2011. Have any of you stayed at this resort? And which block of rooms should I request? We will have at least 22 rooms and would love to be close together. Any suggestions?! Please and thank you!

Amy