Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Thanks!  I spoke with Paloma, and she has been amazing today!  I am officially booked for December 16th at 4:00 pm!  My WC is going to be Jazmin.  The exact date and time we had at the Grand Riviera Princess.  I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, and I guess we were meant to get married at the Bahia!  :)

We have approximately 50 guests coming.  I am thinking we will do the dinner and maybe a private poolside reception after?  From what I understand, the dinner is included in our package (the Remember Package), and then we will pay per person for the poolside reception?

Is anyone else going to be there between December 12 and 26?  :)

Hi Angie,

Everything does happen for a reason...  You won't regret chosing GPB!

Good Luck,

Thao

Quote:

How much do you recommend I put in my budget for photographs? I have absolutely no idea what is an appropriate amount so if you can give me a ballpark around how much it will cost to use the resort photographer I would greatly appreciate it :)

Thx!

We budgeted $1500 for photos and ended up spending $2500.  This may seems expensive, but trust me, they are worth it.  This included coverage of my whole wedding day and reception till 11pm.  We felt so bad and told Juan and Nestor they could go home after an hour and a half at the reception, but they were so professional and wanted to stay.  

I have had nothing but compliments on my photos!!! I've sent a few girls on BDW a link to my photos and would be happy to send you it as well.  Just pick a price that you are comfortable with and Arrecife will work with your budget.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else,

Thao

To Patricia, Thao and Kitchenwitch,

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your reviews. I leave on the 20th and i am so excited i can't believe it! we also have 63 people... Including 3 babies. We can't wait! Based on the reviews of others, we're staying an extra week at the Barcleo, for a "family moon" *(we have 2 children) So as soon as i am back i will write a review for everyone else!! I think Canadian kim is there now... GOOD LUCK ON THURSDAY!!!

YAY!!!!  Have FUN and CONGRATS!!!!

Hi there! Glad to see everything worked out for you! We had Kazmin as our WC and she was amazing! You certianly won't be disappointed!

And yes dinner is included in your paackage and then you can choose what you want for the private poolside receptiopn....that's what we did as well.....let me know if you have any questions that I can help you out with!  

Originally Posted by Angie1017 View Post

Thanks!  I spoke with Paloma, and she has been amazing today!  I am officially booked for December 16th at 4:00 pm!  My WC is going to be Jazmin.  The exact date and time we had at the Grand Riviera Princess.  I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, and I guess we were meant to get married at the Bahia!  :)

We have approximately 50 guests coming.  I am thinking we will do the dinner and maybe a private poolside reception after?  From what I understand, the dinner is included in our package (the Remember Package), and then we will pay per person for the poolside reception?

Is anyone else going to be there between December 12 and 26?  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyee View Post

Here is Paloma's information.She is the manager for all the WC's... Start with her and put URGENT in the email subject line or try calling her direct...

Paloma Flores

Gerente de Grupos y Eventos / Groups & Events Manager

Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya

Email:groupsmx@bahia-principe.com
Tel: 052 984 87 5 50 00 Ext. 28117 · Fax: 052 984 87 5 50 01
Ctra. Chetumal Benito Juárez, km. 250 Local B, Municipio de
Solidaridad Akumal, Quintana Roo C.P. 77760 . México.

Quote:

Hi girls!  Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Angie and my FI is Peter.  We were supposed to get married on December 16 at the Grand Riviera Princess, where the explosion happened.  We just found out yesterday that they are closing the resort until January, and we have to move our wedding group to a new resort.  We were given four resort options, the Bahia Tulum is one of them.  We are wanting to move our wedding here, and I need to get in contact with the WC ASAP to make sure they have room for our wedding on either December 14, 15, or 16.  Does anyone have a phone number for the WC there?  Thank you so much!

I think I can dig it up for you!!! PM me your email and I can forward you the emails from Jazmin!

Patourn - do you have the pricing for the private poolside reception?  We don't want to do the dinner or canapes, just drinks and the DJ.  Jazmin is away until tomorrow, but I'm dying to look over the prices.  He he.  Thanks!

You're the best, Patricia!  Thank you! 

I just spent the last 2 days reading this board, and you girls have given us so much information, I feel so at ease having our wedding here.  I can't believe we leave in 3 weeks on Sunday!

I just sent an email to DJ Bijan to see if he is available on our date.  Fingers crossed!

I look forward to the rest of my planning with you ladies!

Glad things are coming together for you!

I have been to the Bahia 8 times...including a stay at Tulum 3 weeks ago. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help you out with.

Keeping my fingers crossed for DJ Bijan for you!

Sunnyee

You're the best, Patricia!  Thank you! 

I just spent the last 2 days reading this board, and you girls have given us so much information, I feel so at ease having our wedding here.  I can't believe we leave in 3 weeks on Sunday!

I just sent an email to DJ Bijan to see if he is available on our date.  Fingers crossed!

I look forward to the rest of my planning with you ladies!