#11 Dez921714

Dez921714
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

So far I've come up with...
    1- Welcome to the Wedding Celebration of....our names, date, location
    2 - Bridal Party...MOH, Best Man, BM, GM, Ring Bearer
    3 - Music...we haven't picked music yet, so it's only a title
    4 - Ceremony...Legal, Non-denominational religious, reading, sand ceremony (and maybe hand ceremony if it's not TOO much)
    5 - Special Thanks - My parents, his parents, friends who did the reading, cousin in charge of guest book and "And EVERYONE who has traveled many miles to be here with us today!"

I might add one before the first one and make it without any words, just heat emboss seashells or sand dollars on it...sort of like a cover. That would make 6 sleaves and a very nice fan if it's hot!!!!!

Granted, I might change my mind in the 8 months I have left before my wedding LOL
    http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#12 caroline

caroline
    • 697 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:44 AM

SARAH!!!

So I started on my outer pages of the programme, using the fiskars tool and filigree pattern. Man, Oh man! Is that hard work?!! And it took me freaking FOREVER!

I think I broke (damamaged) the tool... and in hindsight, am wondering if this is b/c I'm using 110lb cardstock?! Wouldn't it be a LOT easier if I just used regular, thin, metallic paper - as I plan to laminate them afterward... Do you think that laminating them will mess up the embossing?

What did I do wrong?! I will have to stop and pick up another tool (and thin paper!) this evening!

#13 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:34 PM

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. They're a huge PITA to make! lol

I suppose you could go the lamination route- it would probably take away from the overall effect though...

#14 caroline

caroline
        • 697 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:46 AM

Sarah, did you emboss all of them by hand? With the little hand-held, 3-balled instrument?

I just stumbled across something called a "cuttlebug" and am thinking this little baby would save a LOT of work! Could it be used for such or am I off in left field?!

#15 caroline

caroline
          • 697 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:01 AM

UGH...!! =(
            So I have been working on getting the programme fans done. And even having laminated them, they are "floppy" (for lack of a better word!) What is the heaviest cardstock available?! They are not taut or fan-like in the least!! HELP!!

#16 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:33 AM

i'm not sure what the heavest is, but i used 110lb for my boarding pass invites, that was pretty heavy.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#17 caroline

caroline
              • 697 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:39 AM

That's what I am using for my invites too, Danielle! It just ain't cutting it on the fans though...

#18 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:44 AM

Could it be because you laminated them? How were they before the lamination?
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#19 caroline

caroline
                  • 697 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

... not sturdy enough to fan oneself with! WTF?!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users