I feel like such a douche!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 Pisces

• 255 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

awe, that seriously sucks! But you're not a douche- you made an honest mistake and that spot is definitely poorly marked. Don't feel so bad! You would only be a douche if you had done that on purpose! I would definitely contest it, and if you can bring up the fact that the cop said it was a common complaint, do!
    Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#12 beachbride08

• VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:18 AM

I can't believe the off-duty cop called it in. Obviously, the spot is poorly marked, you'd think he would have just let you slide.

#13 jmiranda

• 697 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:06 AM

What an a-hole!!! You need to contest it...good luck.

#14 Jessica

• VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:24 AM

What a narc!!!! I know a few cops and if they are off duty and see something minor like that, they might nicely tell the person so they can avoid getting a ticket from an on duty cop... but to actually call someone. Wow!!!!

#15 starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:44 AM

Yeah that's pretty lame, the cop is the douche! In CA those spots are marked blue and the sign is practically in the parking space. That sign stinks, if someone is standing/walking by it you wouldn't be able to see it at all!

#16 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

What a jerk!! He must be trying to meet his monthly quota! Maybe you'll luck up and get a lenient judge
              See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#17 Celina

• Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:22 AM

OMG - I saw this thread the other day and missed it - I am SO sorry about this, but I can't help but laugh!

First of all, like you I never take a lunch either so I can totally relate. Then to FINALLY venture out after 4 years to have this happen is total BS!

Hopefully things will work out in court. Since you are contesting isn't he going to be there?

I would find some funny way to tell the officer what an ass he was.
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#18 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:45 AM

I cant believe he didnt even give you a break! Im so sorry I would have done the same thing though, actually have and didnt notice it was handicap till I backed out. Its very poorly marked so may go your way.

#19 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:55 AM

That cop is the total douche.. he "had" to call it in did he, even though he's off-duty? No fucking way.. he was being an a-hole especially since he knew that there had been problems with it in the past.. lame-O!!

#20 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:45 AM

Take diff pictures that doesn't show the sign so clearly for a start, those won't help you lol

I can't believe that copper did that - is he going for points or something - they aren't even that bad over here and the traffic wardens are right bastards lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users