Photo

My FSIL's guest... AKA why I don't have to pay for fireworks at the wedding.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Chiquita

Chiquita
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:48 PM

I have to admit, I can't wait to hear how all this pans out!! I would love to be a fly on the wall when the FIL's find out! You will definitely have to keep us posted.. heh

#22 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:58 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by becks
    I am all set to look at them and say, "guess what... I'm getting married. You all need to shut up and let me have a wonderful time. And if you can't do that, than I'd like you to leave."
    hahaha rebecca, knowing you, i can TOTALLY picture you saying this, and all of them looking at you for a minute with their mouths hanging open... in my head, you also say that cute "buh-bye" you tend to say too when you're annoyed haha

#23 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
    • 178 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:00 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by becks
      It's funny. I totally don't care that there's going to be a massive blow up.

I am all set to look at them and say, "guess what... I'm getting married. You all need to shut up and let me have a wonderful time. And if you can't do that, than I'd like you to leave."

Because, being a big Italian family, there's always a bit of drama at family dinners and such. Normally, I just sit and watch, but at my wedding, I get to tell them to put a sock in it. Mmmmmm... so sweet...
      Wow - you're a good person to be prepared for this. And for allowing him to come.

I have a somewhat similar situation in which one of my girl friends, who has been having an affair with a married man for 6 years and he wants to come to my wedding. He has not even left his wife - and he has 4 kids with his wife! I told my girl friend - who is still married but finally left her husband last year - that the boyfriend is not invited and I'm not comfortable with him coming . She has to come alone because even though she's still not divorced, I don't want her husband coming either. The boyfriend says he'll have left his wife by the time my wedding comes around, but my friend is nuts if she believes that - it's been 6 years!

Anyway - good luck with your situation. Sounds like some seriously juicy drama.

#24 Kat81

Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ChristinaH
        Wow - you're a good person to be prepared for this. And for allowing him to come.

I have a somewhat similar situation in which one of my girl friends, who has been having an affair with a married man for 6 years and he wants to come to my wedding. He has not even left his wife - and he has 4 kids with his wife! I told my girl friend - who is still married but finally left her husband last year - that the boyfriend is not invited and I'm not comfortable with him coming . She has to come alone because even though she's still not divorced, I don't want her husband coming either. The boyfriend says he'll have left his wife by the time my wedding comes around, but my friend is nuts if she believes that - it's been 6 years!

Anyway - good luck with your situation. Sounds like some seriously juicy drama.
        WOW sounds like some drama on your part too... She isn't going to sneak him down there is she?

#25 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

beck - you guys should get it taken care of before your wedding though.. you don't want drama on your wedding day...

#26 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

this is gonna get interesting! can you say DRAMA
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users