Sign in to follow this  
becks

My FSIL's guest... AKA why I don't have to pay for fireworks at the wedding.

WOW!!!! pokestick.gif She's poking a bear with a stick!!! (your FMIL & FFIL)

Let us know how things work out - especially after shitfan.gif

That is HUGE drama.

I actually feel most sorry for the little girl in this situation. Divorce is confusing and once you throw in "boyfriends" it's even worse. I have a friend that lost a lot of respect for her mom because once she got older all of those confusing times finally made sense. Like- mom's "friend" when she was married to dad later turned to be step-dad after the divorce. It's oblivous to the kids when they are young, but once they get older they figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
That is HUGE drama.

I actually feel most sorry for the little girl in this situation. Divorce is confusing and once you throw in "boyfriends" it's even worse. I have a friend that lost a lot of respect for her mom because once she got older all of those confusing times finally made sense. Like- mom's "friend" when she was married to dad later turned to be step-dad after the divorce. It's oblivous to the kids when they are young, but once they get older they figure it out.
I was just about to say the same thing. That little girl isn't getting any guidance as far as loyalty and telling the truth. Is the husband OK with her taking her daughter and bf's around the world? Does he even know? Anyway, the drama is going to be outrageous!! I almost feel bad for your Future Inlaws. They won't even see it coming!

Holy Moly...that is some serious drama. Your FIL's will flip out. Do you think your FSIL will tell them prior to arriving at your DW?

Wow Becks! This is some BD - Big Drama! I can't even begin to imagine what will happen! Your poor FILs will be hurt. I really don't think it was fair of her to invite the BF, even if you all get along, knowing her mother's views and how she will probably react. This trip is supposed to be about you and FI!

There's no doubt that the FILs will know that the boyfriend is coming before we get there. But I sure as hell don't want to be around when they find out. There will be angst, rending of garments, excommunication... oh yeah, we're in for a doozy.

The husband is totally okay with all of this, apparently. Don't ask me why or how, but that's what I'm told. But given that I've met 3-4 boyfriends over the last 2 years, and have never met the husband, I guess it is what it is.

SO do you think that when they find out you could video tape it!!! J/K but it would make a great video. Sorry this has to happen at your wedding though

It's funny. I totally don't care that there's going to be a massive blow up.

I am all set to look at them and say, "guess what... I'm getting married. You all need to shut up and let me have a wonderful time. And if you can't do that, than I'd like you to leave."

Because, being a big Italian family, there's always a bit of drama at family dinners and such. Normally, I just sit and watch, but at my wedding, I get to tell them to put a sock in it. Mmmmmm... so sweet...

OMG this is going to be interesting. I have a loud Spanish family and if I brought my boyfriend to a family wedding while I was still married my parents would kill me. So I know exactly what kind of fireworks are going to erupt here. I don't envy FSIL, that's for sure! Wow, is it wrong of me if I can't wait to hear what happens? LOL. This is like a good Spanish telenovela except with Italian actors. Hehe.

Hysterical!!!

Are you sure you want to have this unfold at your WEDDING? Something like this can really be a mood breaker.....maybe have a chat with her and ask her to adress this prior to departure?