Jump to content

Photo

Sign on Guestbook table?


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 Bride010101

Bride010101
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,547 posts

    Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deznchris2006
    Do you mind if I steal this?
    I stole/borrowed this myself! I either found it here or in the Knot Bios - so I'm sure its free for the taking. I think the wording is cute!

    If it belongs to anyone - please let us so know, so we can give you credit! : ) When I started saving pics I didn't do such a great job of noting who it was from because I never thought I would make a bio or what not.

    #12 Dez921714

    Dez921714
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,489 posts

      Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:51 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by BeckyN
      I stole/borrowed this myself! I either found it here or in the Knot Bios - so I'm sure its free for the taking. I think the wording is cute!

      If it belongs to anyone - please let us so know, so we can give you credit! : ) When I started saving pics I didn't do such a great job of noting who it was from because I never thought I would make a bio or what not.
      Haha, thanks :) I should check out some people's planning Bio's, but I think FI would kill me if I come back with more things I want to do.

      My sister (MOH) and I have been going back and forth about a guest book. We were thinking Poloriod, but now they aren't really making them, and with digital cameras, I don't know if it's worth it.

      So, what I think we're going to do is ask my cousin to be in charge of taking everyones pic. (she's into that stuff). Give her a stack of small ziplock baggies and each one will be personalzed with this on a printed label:
      Aunt Yolonda & Uncle Chuck
      Please write your Well wishes, Place them in this bag
      and put in the basket on the table.
      When we return home we will compile a
      Scrapbook/Guestbook which you will be able to see at
      our at home reception on March XXXX

      When she takes someone's pic, she gives them the bag and directs them towards the table (when she has no more bags, she'll know she got everyone).

      On the table will have the poem BeckyN posted in a large frame and in a smaller frame:
      Please use only one side of the paper, as we want to
      put them in a scrapbook. Feel free to use several
      pices of paper and colors

      and have one basket with Aqua, Feusia and Silver paper and another basket for the baggies filled with wishes.

      I dont' want to lug a scrapbook there and home...and this way we decorate it how we want and add extra pics if we want to :)
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

      150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

      #13 Bride010101

      Bride010101
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,547 posts

        Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by deznchris2006
        Haha, thanks :) I should check out some people's planning Bio's, but I think FI would kill me if I come back with more things I want to do.

        My sister (MOH) and I have been going back and forth about a guest book. We were thinking Poloriod, but now they aren't really making them, and with digital cameras, I don't know if it's worth it.

        So, what I think we're going to do is ask my cousin to be in charge of taking everyones pic. (she's into that stuff). Give her a stack of small ziplock baggies and each one will be personalzed with this on a printed label:
        Aunt Yolonda & Uncle Chuck
        Please write your Well wishes, Place them in this bag
        and put in the basket on the table.
        When we return home we will compile a
        Scrapbook/Guestbook which you will be able to see at
        our at home reception on March XXXX

        When she takes someone's pic, she gives them the bag and directs them towards the table (when she has no more bags, she'll know she got everyone).

        On the table will have the poem BeckyN posted in a large frame and in a smaller frame:
        Please use only one side of the paper, as we want to
        put them in a scrapbook. Feel free to use several
        pices of paper and colors

        and have one basket with Aqua, Feusia and Silver paper and another basket for the baggies filled with wishes.

        I dont' want to lug a scrapbook there and home...and this way we decorate it how we want and add extra pics if we want to :)

        I think that sounds great... and probably what I will do as well! I contemplated making the scrapbook ahead of time... but figured it would be a pain to lug down, plus difficult for people to write in. I love the poloroid ideas - but agree that with digital cameras it seems easier to have someone I trust just take them and send them to me.

        I also liked the idea of giving everyone postcards in the OOT bag and asking them to send one back to us. I was maybe thinking of asking them to share their favorite memory of the trip on it... and then encorporating that into the scrapbook as well. But not sure if that will become too much...

        #14 Dez921714

        Dez921714
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,489 posts

          Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:02 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by BeckyN
          I think that sounds great... and probably what I will do as well! I contemplated making the scrapbook ahead of time... but figured it would be a pain to lug down, plus difficult for people to write in. I love the poloroid ideas - but agree that with digital cameras it seems easier to have someone I trust just take them and send them to me.

          I also liked the idea of giving everyone postcards in the OOT bag and asking them to send one back to us. I was maybe thinking of asking them to share their favorite memory of the trip on it... and then encorporating that into the scrapbook as well. But not sure if that will become too much...
          I like the post card idea, but then, what if the people don't send it back...then they'll be missing from from the scrap book. If you do it at teh reception, then they are kind of put on the spot LOL You can still throw the post cards in the bags and do what you wanted to do, ask them to send it back to you with their favorite memory from the trip. Tell them they can even wait till they get home to send it. and the people who do send one back, you can incorporate it into the scrap book.

          My other worry about having people actually sign the scrapbook (besides having to lug it there and back and the possibility of it getting lost) was what if people don't leave room for the pics. This way, we'll use funky sizzors to cut pieces of paper and then we put them on the pages where we want them. (I'm probably WAY overthinking this stuff...)
          http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

          150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

          #15 Bride010101

          Bride010101
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,547 posts

            Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by deznchris2006
            My other worry about having people actually sign the scrapbook (besides having to lug it there and back and the possibility of it getting lost) was what if people don't leave room for the pics. This way, we'll use funky sizzors to cut pieces of paper and then we put them on the pages where we want them. (I'm probably WAY overthinking this stuff...)
            Hehe... no I had that concern as well. In another bio where a bride did something simialr she actually had put pieces of cardstock where she wanted teh photo w/ "your photo will go here" so that guests wouldn't write in that space.

            But I defintely agree that doing it separately and putting it all together later would be easiest. My only concern is that people will get confused since its not the traditional guest book and not do it or something.

            #16 Dez921714

            Dez921714
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,489 posts

              Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:11 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by BeckyN
              Hehe... no I had that concern as well. In another bio where a bride did something simialr she actually had put pieces of cardstock where she wanted teh photo w/ "your photo will go here" so that guests wouldn't write in that space.

              But I defintely agree that doing it separately and putting it all together later would be easiest. My only concern is that people will get confused since its not the traditional guest book and not do it or something.
              Hmmm...I didn't think of that....but if they are directed there right after taking the pics, they might just go over and do it. Maybe also making a list of everyone, and then once the person doing the pics is done (AKA - has no more baggies) he/she goes over to the filled baggies and checks that each one she gave out is back in there. Like checks the names off a list...then she'll know if she has to go track down Aunt Sue and Uncle Bob.

              Do you think that's a little overboard or asking too much of someone? I don't think it really is. And that way you'd know you have something from everyone. You definately need someone who's outgoing to do it.
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

              150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

              #17 Bride010101

              Bride010101
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,547 posts

                Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:14 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by deznchris2006
                Hmmm...I didn't think of that....but if they are directed there right after taking the pics, they might just go over and do it. Maybe also making a list of everyone, and then once the person doing the pics is done (AKA - has no more baggies) he/she goes over to the filled baggies and checks that each one she gave out is back in there. Like checks the names off a list...then she'll know if she has to go track down Aunt Sue and Uncle Bob.

                Do you think that's a little overboard or asking too much of someone? I don't think it really is. And that way you'd know you have something from everyone. You definately need someone who's outgoing to do it.
                Naw I don't think its too much to ask. Plus my fam/friends know I'm a bit psycho w/ the planning... so they will know that they better comply. hehe

                But your right... as long as you pick a good person to take the photos and direct them what to do... it isn't too complicated. Plus the people are stuck there with me for the week... I can always track them down if I need to. hehe :)

                #18 MissyR

                MissyR
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,210 posts

                  Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

                  What about putting the self addressed postcard in the OOT bag and giving it to them earlier in the week? We were going to do this and then ask people to bring them to the wedding and have a basket for people to put them in - that way they aren't rushed and can write whatever they want ahead of time!

                  Just a thought - I was going to put my MOH in charge of this!

                  #19 MissyR

                  MissyR
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,210 posts

                    Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

                    Ok clearly I didn't read the thread in detail since my idea has already been suggested... what a DUNCE

                    #20 EricaG

                    EricaG
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,915 posts

                      Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by deznchris2006
                      Haha, thanks :) I should check out some people's planning Bio's, but I think FI would kill me if I come back with more things I want to do.

                      My sister (MOH) and I have been going back and forth about a guest book. We were thinking Poloriod, but now they aren't really making them, and with digital cameras, I don't know if it's worth it.

                      So, what I think we're going to do is ask my cousin to be in charge of taking everyones pic. (she's into that stuff). Give her a stack of small ziplock baggies and each one will be personalzed with this on a printed label:
                      Aunt Yolonda & Uncle Chuck
                      Please write your Well wishes, Place them in this bag
                      and put in the basket on the table.
                      When we return home we will compile a
                      Scrapbook/Guestbook which you will be able to see at
                      our at home reception on March XXXX

                      When she takes someone's pic, she gives them the bag and directs them towards the table (when she has no more bags, she'll know she got everyone).

                      On the table will have the poem BeckyN posted in a large frame and in a smaller frame:
                      Please use only one side of the paper, as we want to
                      put them in a scrapbook. Feel free to use several
                      pices of paper and colors

                      and have one basket with Aqua, Feusia and Silver paper and another basket for the baggies filled with wishes.

                      I dont' want to lug a scrapbook there and home...and this way we decorate it how we want and add extra pics if we want to :)
                      I love the idea of having the coloured paper and getting everyone to write on that so you can bring it back and put it into the scrapbook. I have been trying to figure out if I want to take the whole scrapbook down or just the pages that I need. It will probably come down to how much room I have and how much extra weight I can fit in without going over.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BeckyN
                      Hehe... no I had that concern as well. In another bio where a bride did something simialr she actually had put pieces of cardstock where she wanted teh photo w/ "your photo will go here" so that guests wouldn't write in that space.

                      But I defintely agree that doing it separately and putting it all together later would be easiest. My only concern is that people will get confused since its not the traditional guest book and not do it or something.
                      I have done something similar to make sure that no one writes where I want to put the pic. I have several pages made up already, and will make more if I need to. I will also be doing this at the AHR too, so I will need a lot of pages in the end.

                      Here is a pic of what I did for the pages, although they are all slightly different.
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                      My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

                      Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users