#31 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stefnicole
    I like #3 best. I do think the leaf unlined looks better, but I don't think it's too distracting (only a bit).
    I will definitly take the line off the leaf. I didn't like it once I saved the file as a picture. But, I didn't go back & redo those. I did fix the last one I made.

I'll let yall know which she picks. I emailed her 3 & 5.

Thanks for the feedback.

#32 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
    • 1,266 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

Post cards? I would through it away. make it into a magnet!

#33 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BarefootBride
        Post cards? I would through it away. make it into a magnet!
        I did postcards for mine & loved it. They were $7 for 100 so a whole lot cheaper than magnets. The stamps are almost 1/2 the price. I see them everywhere. They are pinned on people's bulliten boards, at their desk, & on the fridge. I do like the magnets, but postcards are a lot cheaper. I imagine many did get tossed, but I know many were saved. People will refer to looking at the STD to find my website so I know they still have it.

#34 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:47 PM

Morgan, I love number 3. You did an excellent job.

#35 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:35 AM

just be sure to keep all pics and type within the safety margin (which i think is at least 1/8 inch away from the edges). in a few of your versions you get pretty close to the edge, and you wouldn't want an otherwise very nice design to get ruined by a minor trim defect!

very nice! i like #5 the best.

#36 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mummergirl
              just be sure to keep all pics and type within the safety margin (which i think is at least 1/8 inch away from the edges). in a few of your versions you get pretty close to the edge, and you wouldn't want an otherwise very nice design to get ruined by a minor trim defect!

very nice! i like #5 the best.
              thanks for the tip. I'm a vista print addict :) I usually make my designs to see what I like & then I got back over it to check for margins.

#37 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

morgan, they're all great :) i like version 3, un-outlined leaf :)

#38 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

I really like #5!!!

#39 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,680 posts
                • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                • LocationUtah

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

Great job Morgan, I really like #3. The colors are such a great match. Your friend is lucky to have you!

#40 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:25 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Raeka
                  Great job Morgan, I really like #3. The colors are such a great match. Your friend is lucky to have you!
                  #3 was her favorite too so that will probably be the one.

i just hope I'm not being bridesmaidzilla. i just got so excited about her wedding while she was visiting me. Now I'm making her STDs, emailing discount websites for dress quotes & looking for a photographer that is awesome in her budget. I just feel like I've learned how all this wedding business works now that it would be a shame to not help out. But, I don't want to take over or anything. I think I made it clear I just want to help, but she makes the decisions.

I've offered to do a lot of this stuff for friends & she is the first one that took me up on my offer. I might be making her photobook after the wedding too. I can use the same tree on the first page. I love that tree.

maybe I'm just burnt out on thinking about my own wedding. or all of my fun projects are done. But, I'm so excited about her wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users