How do you let people know where you've registered?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:58 PM

mine did too! it was a pretty sad list! lol

#12 jajajaja

• VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

Our registry sucks too. I let Steve have some fun so we have a Wii and an XBox 360 on there. I had to keep him entertained somehow!
      Happily married since 2008

#13 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:07 PM

we didnt want to register at all, but my auntie is having a shower for me (didnt think i was gonna have one, no one mentioned it until last week!) anyways, she had a problem with us not being registered. she thought it was weird that we dont want gifts. i explained to her that it not that we would turn anything away (come one, everyone loves a gift!), but we live in a tiny 2 bedroom house with no storage, we're renting, and absolutely NO extra room for anything. i mean, we're over 30 and have both led lives before each other, and have a ton of cool stuff already. she still didnt quite get it, and finally i just decided to register at BBB, just enough stuff for 30-40 people at my shower. got a mix of expensive and inexpensive stuff, bed and bath related only (you can never have enough towels with 2 kids in the house!).

short story long, i told my mom, his mom, and my aunt who is throwing the shower, the registry number and i'm leaving it up to them to tell people.

#14 RiuBride2b

• 298 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:15 PM

Don't feel bad. My in-laws made us do the same. I did a quick registry that is not the greatest. Actually it is kinda lame!

#15 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
          SO - my question is - how do I let people know about this? Is it tacky to put a card that says we are registered there? How do we do this in a not-so-tacky way?
          I don't think thats tacky at all. We posted our registry on our website and the info was on my shower invites. We didn't register in time to send the info out with our formal invites. It wasn't my intention to include it anyways, however I had a ton of people calling/emailing me wondering where we registered and why we didn't include it in our invites ?? My point is, I think many people expect to have the registry info along with the formal invite.

#16 townie princess

townie princess
          • 298 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
            Our hope is to have them complete the work while we are out getting married. When we get back, viola!~ new kitchen and bathrooms!
            WOW, you're brave! I wouldn't want to get any calls about problems with my kitchen/bathroom renos while on my DW.

I actually think that surviving the kitchen reno process with FI is why he proposed - we didn't kill each other, and if we can get thru that, we can get thru anything!

#17 can't wait!

can't wait!
            • 517 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

We are currently renovating our kitchen. I've been lucky enough to be able to work from home to supervise the whole thing but I can't imagine what people would do if they aren't home. NOTHING WOULD GET DONE!
              You are brave for having them work while you are on vacay but I'm also quite jealous. It is a HUGE HEADACHE AND EXTREMELY STRESSFUL and you will be away for it all!

Oh, and about the post....word of mouth is the way to go. This way no one gets offended. I personally don't like formal invites with registry information.

#18 happygilmore

• 576 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

I know a lot of people find it rude to send out the cards but personally I hate having to hunt down where someone is registered - I'd rather just get the card so that if I get them a present I can easily do it! But if you feel funny maybe put it on your website

#19 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:58 PM

I am going to say what everyone else said...word of mouth and a note in the shower invites (if you have a shower).
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#20 MoonPalacePookie

• 279 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

We have a honeymoon registry for our wedding and a regular gift registry for my shower (my MOH wanted me to get "stuff" for the shower, plus she was all excited about the scanning gun thing). For the shower registry, i think she is putting information in the invitations. We included a link to our wedding registry on our wedding website.
                    Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users