Photo

Alison's Cabo Music Review

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ali0624

Ali0624
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

As some of the other ladies have done, I'm going to do my reviews by topic to make it easier to find information. Music is first:

Violeta (A+) Violeta was our single violin player at the ceremony. She also works as a duet with a guitar player if desired. Violeta was so sweet and great to work with. We just sent her a list of songs we liked, and she let us know which ones would sound best with the single violin. The music was really lovely and complimented the location perfectly. So many of our guests went up to her afterward to tell her how wonderful the music was. I highly recommend her.

Mariach Los Cabos () I don't know because they didn't show up even after confirming with them days before the wedding. Luckily, we were supposed to pay them that day, so we didn't lose anything. It was a bit of a disappointment to say the least, but many of the guests commented that they liked the cocktail hour sans music because it was easier to mingle and talk. I'm sure they were trying to make me feel better, but I do think they have a point. The Mariachi back could have been a bit much.

DJ Ricardo (A+) Ricardo is such a nice guy and a pleasure to work with. He kept in constant contact, which was great. We simply sent him a list of bands and let him run with it. He did a great job and kept everyone dancing. I think I danced the whole night - maybe I should have been talking with my guests more, oops!! But, everyone had so much fun. Thanks Ricardo!
    Ali

#2 plumsugar

plumsugar
    • 175 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

Thats insane that the mariachi didnt show up!!
      Good thing you didnt lose any money/deposit!

Seems like we both had some kind of music drama that night!

#3 jmill130

jmill130
      • 601 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

Thanks! Very helpful! I can't wait to read your other posts!

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:48 PM

can you post contact info for your vendors you liked please?

#5 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

That's crazy! I can't believe they didn't show up. There are 2 mariachi companies in Cabo and they are one of them. The other one is Mariachi International.

#6 plumsugar

plumsugar
          • 175 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:16 AM

Speaking of which, Mariachi Intercontinental was performing at my resort during their Mexican theme night and we felt like they werent much to rave about. I mean, one of the guitarists actually went off stage to pick up his cell phone mid-song! Our friends started joking that he was calling his agent to get him a better gig lol!!

But for a company to actually not show up even after confirming is totally unprofessional!

#7 Ali0624

Ali0624
            • 72 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:16 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maura
              can you post contact info for your vendors you liked please?
              Violeta Poletek (violinist): mikrusek2@yahoo.com

The full name of the Mariachi was: Mariachi Los Cabos Internacional

DJ Ricardo: Ricardo PatiĀ±o
              DJ System - disc jockey entertainment in Mexico - dj services for your party in Mexico
              Ali

#8 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
              • 2,183 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by plumsugar
                Speaking of which, Mariachi Intercontinental was performing at my resort during their Mexican theme night and we felt like they werent much to rave about. I mean, one of the guitarists actually went off stage to pick up his cell phone mid-song! Our friends started joking that he was calling his agent to get him a better gig lol!!

But for a company to actually not show up even after confirming is totally unprofessional!
                That's so weird... They went above and beyond at my wedding. They were all very professional and went out of their way to please us. Very strange!!

#9 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

sandra i have a distinct feeling that you get treated much differently down there when you are hispanic versus non-hispanic

ive found this with a number of other things to do with my resort. i was often quoted lesser prices for the same services as some of the other brides also getting married there who are forum members.

#10 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                • 2,183 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:29 AM

Really? That's terrible. Everyone should be given the same prices all the way around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users