Photo

What do you do after it's all over?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 marip123

marip123
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

I was talking to FI this morning saying next month at this time we're going to be back at home, and what am I going to do with myself? I won't have anymore planning to do, and it kind of makes me sad. Did anyone else feel the blues after it was over? It has been so consuming over the past year, and then it's just over.
    Steph and Ben - 6/8/08! We did it!

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

we move on to new projects, babies, house hunting, planning other peoples weddings! i'm gonna be sad too, this has consumed my life for the past 8 months! that might be why there are so many Mrs. still hanging around BDW

#3 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:00 PM

It definitely feels weird. For the longest time I kept feeling like I was forgetting to do something. You know, prior to the wedding you had this huge to-do list hanging over your head but then when it's all over that to-do pressure still seems there- at least to me.

Now I've moved on to organizing my pics, creating a slideshow, planning gifts involving my wedding pics- LOL. New obsession I suppose and I'm pretty sure people are probably tired of the wedding stuff.
      Happily married since 2008

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

ugh - i was so happy it was over. but i am not a planner, so i was just happy i was done and married.

but i also was really busy at work, in a relatively new house, and then got knocked up about 6 months later! lol but i have heard of brides say that, that they missed all of the planning. not me!

#5 Karen

Karen
        • 1,308 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:05 PM

I don't think it sets in immediately after the wedding because you still have thank you notes, photography stuff, etc. It actually was realy nice to have some down time. I really didn't experiance that until after the holidays as I was MOH in my friend's DW in September and we took a trip in January.
          <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
          New obsession I suppose and I'm pretty sure people are probably tired of the wedding stuff.
          haha, rach, they were tired of it right after the "We're Engaged" announcement went out

#7 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

well I got pregnant pretty quickly but my wedding was a big event over the summer and then I went back to work (I am a teacher so I have summers off). Life goes on you do miss it a lot and get so excited for people when they get to plan thier weddings and always offer to help and give advice since I went through it recently. But that's probably why so many of us are still hanging out around here.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
          • VIP Member
          • 3,160 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

Yeah that has to be a weird feeling. After my sister got married she kept saying how strange it was, ha. I guess me and Joe will focus more on buying a new home together and I def want to travel before I have a baby. We wanted to go to Ireland and Australia. I guess we will see what's in store for me! haha

#9 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

I suppose after the wedding, i'll actually do some work while i'm at work! lol I think i work an hr a day and spend the other 7 hrs on this website reading posts.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#10 DreaW

DreaW
              • Banned
              • 2,462 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

like the other girls stated...:) (sorry would add more but my head is all foggy with being sick and all)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users