Gossip Girl

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#71 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
    The whole Serena/Dan/Half-Brother thing is weird. Even though Serena and Dan aren't related having a half-brother in common does make things seem a little incestual. That's going to suck. I like Serena and Dan together. If there really is a half sibling, doesn't that sort of permanently end any future possiblity of them getting together? That almost kills the series for me.
    I bet you we'll find out that Ruphus isn't the Baby Daddy just so they can keep the Ross/Rachel willl they/won't they romance alive. Although they kinda already have that going with Chuck and B.

#72 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

Ross/Rachel thing...That's funny!

They sure did hint that Blair slept with Jack (who seems like Chuck 2.0) I'm confused at when this would have happened? It seems like they mentioned NYE, but that was before Chuck was back. So will Blair have done it on purpose or was she acting out?

Not that I am on any kind of moral high horse, but all of this HS teenage girl sleeping with older men thing is starting to weird me out. It's creepy and illegal.

#73 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

I missed the first couple of minutes so i guess they didnt come flat out and say that Blair slept with the uncle. Cant wait to see if they really did next week. And yeah that's very creepy, especially when he should be reminded of her age because it was his nephews girlfriend. I mean the girls do act so much older, they are always having martinis at bars that sort of thing. I forget how old they are sometimes until i see them in their school unis.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#74 Jessica

• VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

I think the only reason it doesn't weird me out as much is because I know IRL Leighten isn't HS age.

HOWEVER what did totally creep me out was that one day when Jenny was with her model friend and that guy photographer and they talked her into taking off her shirt and dance in her bra. I got creeped out by that because that actress is actually only about 15.

#75 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

I know that the actors are mostly over 18. It just bothers me that in one episode, there is the suggestion that B slept with Jack and Penelope is sleeping with her dad's business partner.

I know the show has a mixed age base, but I don't think it's the best thing for a younger audience to see.

Jessica I was uncomfortable with that Jenny/photog scene, too.

#76 aimee!

• 696 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:02 PM

i finally got caught up with the season & watched my first "live" episode last night...
              i'm totally hooked on this show, & can't wait for the episode next week with "little" lily & rufus. :)
              Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#77 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

I'm looking forward to next weeks' episode as well! Backtracking to Lily and Rufus's past will make an interesting episode I think :)

#78 aimee!

• 696 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

yes yes yes!!

i was obsessed with the show. i netflix`ed the first disc of season 1, and then ended up BUYING the whole season that same day b/c they didn't have it at Family Video. then i proceeded to scour the internet trying to find bootlegged copies of season 2 since the cw doesn't have them all available online. (and the ones they do have run SO slow, and the commercials every 5 minutes are insanely loud compared to the actual show...)

haha, it was worth every minute of effort to finally get caught up & i am loving it. :)
                  Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#79 Jessica

• VIP Member
                  • 11,939 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:23 PM

I guess next week's episode is a glimpse into the spin off series they are doing about Lily.

#80 BachataBride

• Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

New season starting Sept.14!!!!
                      I'm excited!! I haven't been a faithful GG watcher...but I plan to be this season!! I'm setting my PVR!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users