Sign in to follow this  
Golden

lime centerpiece in vase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazoop View Post
I thought it might look good to have cut limes AND lemons with green and yellow flowers...anyone seen this before? any thoughts?
FYI, for the most part you cannot get lemons in mexico. they are not widely available there like they are in the US. usually the only places you can get them is a a specialty store, and they are expensive. limes are much more common and generally available in 2 sizes -- the regular size you are used to seeing in a grocery store and then the key lime which is a miniature sized lime. ive been to many grocery stores in mexico city that didnt carry lemons at all. my FI tells me this is also the case even in places like cabo, PV, cancun, etc

do green apples count? I had this pic in my stash and went searching for it thinking it was limes. But it gives you an idea.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hey girls,

Does anyone know a good place to get fake lemons and limes? I want to use them in my center piece like some of the ones posted here, but I need to make sure they don't float in water...any suggestions?

Michaels and Hobby Lobby have them and you can usually catch a 50% off sale. I think you would have to buy a few and check them out to see if they float.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
ooh i like this one! so vibrant!
Hey, I think I have this one in my signature...if not, then definately saved on my PC at home!! :)

Hi!

Could you please tell me how you got the limes to sink in those vase centerpieces !? I'm trying to do this for my wedding centerpieces, and my limes are all floating :( help!

Thank you much!

Sarah

sfurlong8@comcast.net