Photo

Another Mexico...The Hacienda Wedding (updated post!)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

Elizabeth,
    Welcome to the forum! We almost got married at Hacienda Las Trancas, but then settled on a beach wedding. Those are fabulous pictures!

#12 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
    • Vendor
    • 278 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

Hi Sandra! I don't know how you all decide on a location with so many great options! Thanks for your comment! And best wishes!

Elizabeth

#13 rarpia

rarpia
      • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:59 PM

Awesome images Elizabeth as usual! I've been a reader of your blog for a while now.

Absolutely love these type of locations and hopefully I'll get to shoot at one of these haciendas soon.

Cheers from Los Angeles!

#14 kb22246

kb22246
        • 35 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:34 AM

Hi Elizabeth, You definatly have turned me on to the idea of a hacendia wedding!! I actually emailed Hacienda Uayamon for package information. The location is gorgeous... I'm just a little worried about our guests having enough entertainment while they are there. Do you know if this location is far from other attractions? From what I can tell online it appears to be a bit secluded. Also, would love to know if your are already booking for 2010? Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated!

#15 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
          • 5,705 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 10:28 AM

Beautiful venues, great photographer! Congratulations to you all.

#16 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
            • 415 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:43 PM

Elizabeth, looking at the weddings you photographed left me so speechless. My jaw dropped to the floor. I love your work :)

#17 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
              • Vendor
              • 278 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:39 PM

Hola! How nice to find comments on this post, since it has been a while! Thank you Rodolfo and Dino, it is so nice to hear from other photographers! Rodolfo, I hope you get your wish to photograph a hacienda wedding soon. As for me, I would also love to someday photograph an amazing California wedding (not to mention destination weddings in Italy, Greece or a lot of other places!) You never know, right? Se vale so┬▒ar!

KB, The haciendas in Yucatan and Campeche are not at all the typical tourist locations, I think there is a lot to do but more along the lines of exploring the Mayan and Mexican culture, the archeological sites, cenotes, etc. So it really depends on the group of people involved. But they are fascinating, unique destinations, no doubt there. To answer your question I have not started booking for 2010 quite yet. I would love to hear about the plans though!

MsSunshine (love your name!) Thank you for your comment.

Here are a few more hacienda wedding photographs and a slideshow from a wedding of a fantastic couple at one of my favorite locations, the Hacienda San Jose in Yucatan.

Click the image to open in full size.

Here are a few images from a wedding another great location, the Click the image to open in full size.

Thank you for looking!

#18 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,921 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:11 PM

My favorite Elizabeth! If I could have gotten everyone to a hacienda I would have done it in a heartbeat!
                  But I am excited for Playa Fiesta too! And to meet you of coarse!

#19 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
                  • Vendor
                  • 278 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 03:07 PM

[QUOTE]My favorite Elizabeth! If I could have gotten everyone to a hacienda I would have done it in a heartbeat!
                    But I am excited for Playa Fiesta too! And to meet you of coarse!/QUOTE]

Me too Kate! You chose such a fantastic location! I can't wait for your wedding at Playa Fiesta!

#20 landwlkr

landwlkr
                    • 48 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:04 PM

Ohhh... I am so excited to find this thread! Today I came across Hacienda Xcanatun through a deal they are promoting to rent out the entire hacienda for weddings:

Destination Wedding News: 1062008: Mexico's Hacienda Xcanatun Offers Wedding Package

I had not considered this option before and maybe it is really worth considering! I have been to Merida several times (for work) and loved it... (the food there is also amazing) but I hate to sacrifice being away from the beach for the wedding.

Elizabeth, I may be in touch with you a little more to pick your brain if you don't mind. How are hacinenda owners typically with regards to bringing in your own photogs and other vendors? I am hoping to work with people who are supportive of my decisions. I see a lot of problems with that at some of the resorts which has really turned me off. What are your top three favorite Haciendas to shoot? Specifically how has your experience been at Xcantatun. Looks like they might not accept kids which is a deal breaker as my siblings have little ones.

We are planning a 2010 wedding for roughly 20 to 40 people.

Thank you for posting this! I love love love this site.

Best,
                      Terra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users