Photo

Another Mexico...The Hacienda Wedding (updated post!)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
  • Vendor
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

Hola! As a photographer located in Mexico I have been enormously blessed in having the opportunity to photograph in the most varied of locations, from beaches and 500 year old churches, to what may be my favorite of all locations.... Click the image to open in full size.

610_emedina_05.jpg

Many of the amazing haciendas where I have photographed are local to me in the Yucatan Peninsula, and include, 657_emedina_blog_17.jpg

emedina_blog_634_12.jpg
    I have also had the honor of travelling to photograph weddings throughout Mexico in places as incredible as the 605_emedina_blog_31.jpg

657_emedina_blog_34.jpg

649_05.jpg

649_16.jpg

emedina_629_3.jpg

emedina_blog_639_20.jpg

I hope this little post helps anyone who is looking for a historic wedding location south of the border and a little bit off the beaten path. There are many more hacienda photographs on my blog and website which I hope can give a little idea of how special the Haciendas truly are. Saludos and happy wedding planning!

Elizabeth

Click the image to open in full size.

emedina_blog_643_12.jpg

Hacienda Uayamon Elizabeth Medina Photography
     All images © 2007-2010 Elizabeth Medina

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:42 PM

Elizabeth, out of curiosity, how expensive are these weddings? They are amazing. I frequent your blog because I feel like I am in a dream viewing all those weddings. They are amazing! (oops, said that twice!)

#3 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
      • VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

Ever since I saw the first wedding you posted from one of the Haciendas, I've been hooked!!! FI and I really want to get married at one of them when we finally begin planning...

#4 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
        • Vendor
        • 278 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:55 PM

Hi Amy, Thank you for looking at my blog! I also feel like I am in a dream photographing them! And it is amazing that people do write and tell me that they discovered hacienda weddings through my photographs, and plan to be married in a hacienda. I feel like I have done a little tiny good deed for my adopted country. To answer your question, I do not think that hacienda weddings are relatively expensive weddings, that is not the impression I have at all...and there are small haciendas that can be absolutely inexpensive. Many people seem to just have the event at the hacienda and most of the guests stay offsite, so that gives flexibility I think.. I think the extra expense to a non resort location can be in tranportation, there are fewer flights to non-resort destinations so they can be more expensive. Thank you!

Elizabeth

#5 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
          • Vendor
          • 278 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

Mikkistreak, that would be incredible! If I can help you with information let me know!

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

Thank you Elizabeth! Its a little late for me, but I know Hans and I will be starting a DW trend in our families, so I am def going to rave about Hacienda Weddings!

#7 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
              • VIP Member
              • 2,347 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Elizabeth Medina
                Mikkistreak, that would be incredible! If I can help you with information let me know!
                Elizabeth, curious---- have you done weddings in the Cooper Canyon region? That's another region of Mexico that Frank and I think is absolutely gorgeous!

#8 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
                • Vendor
                • 278 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

I have not been to the Copper Canyon, but it looks like it would be a FANTASTIC wedding destination!

#9 Kristie O

Kristie O
                  • Banned
                  • 369 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:25 AM

WOW, you are blessed...that pic on top is the most beautiful location ive ever seen.

#10 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
                    • Vendor
                    • 278 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:55 PM

Thank you Kristie, that is the Hacienda Uayamon in Campeche, it really is a fabulous location. :-)
                      best,

Elizabeth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users