Photo

Help with Groom and Best Man Attire!!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Beach Bride 80

Beach Bride 80
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:24 PM

I need some opinions on attire for the guys. I have been looking at the sticky post for Groom and Groomsmen attire and getting some great ideas too. My bridesmaids dresses are an Azalea color, which is similar to Fuchsia, and my dress is Ivory, but a very light ivory. We want to go really casual with the guys attire, like a linen shirt and pants, no suits. I am looking for outfits for the groom, best man, ushers and my dad. Would it be weird if they all wore the same thing otherwise I was thinking of having the Groom and BM and ushers wear ivory shirts and my dad wear a light blue. It seems if I don't do ivory for the BM there will be too much contrast with the bridesmaid dress. Thanks for all your help.

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:29 PM

I am trying to figure out the same thing. I think I may have my FI wear a different shirt but have the Gm and My dad and ushers all wear the same shirt.

#3 blackpearl916

blackpearl916
      • 44 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

We have similar colors, mine is also Fuchsia, green apple, with a hint of tangerine. The BM are wearing Fuschia dresses, the GM are wearing green shirts. I had a hard time fiding "green apple" but I settled for a lighter green shirt from Cubavera. They carry this line at Macys and for our GM who are ex-football player (in otherwords some big guys) we also food them at the Big and Tall store (we had to order them online). The Cubavera line is perfect for a beachy wedding. All the shirts I saw in Macys were made well and had a nice feel to them.

My dress is also ivory and the groom is wearing a Tan Silk Suit that we actually found at Nordstroms. I am looking at a couple of shirts for my dad from Cubavera. I am thinking about giving it to him as a father's day gift and asking him to wear it to the wedding. Hope this helps.

#4 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

The groom wore the same shirt as the BM but in a different color- the BM's shirt was more of a mauvy pink. My dad wore a similar shirt in brown- similar I mean by it having embroidery down the front.

This is confusing. LOL I have a link in my wedding pics to better explain.
          Happily married since 2008

#5 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:28 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
            The groom wore the same shirt as the BM but in a different color- the BM's shirt was more of a mauvy pink. My dad wore a similar shirt in brown- similar I mean by it having embroidery down the front.

This is confusing. LOL I have a link in my wedding pics to better explain.
            Where did you get your shirts Rachel? I remember really liking them

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

They were Guess. I'll google to see if they are still available. I bought them last summer.
              Happily married since 2008

#7 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:27 PM

I just found this shirt I love it!!
                http://shop.guess.co...|94=Button Down %20Shirts&browse=1&rpt=Department.aspx&pt=ProductL isting.aspx

#8 Kat81

Kat81
                • VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

OK I am not sure if that worked lol

#9 AmandaB

AmandaB
                  • 57 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kat81
                    I just found this shirt I love it!!
                    http://shop.guess.co...|94=Button Down %20Shirts&browse=1&rpt=Department.aspx&pt=ProductL isting.aspx
                    It's really cute. I am on the same hunt for my guys! None of them have a ton of style! Oops, did I say that?

#10 flygirl

flygirl
                    • 263 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

We're doing the same thing with casual attire. I let my dad and my FI's dad pick out their clothes as long as it was khaki pants and a white button down. I got linen drawstring pants for my FI and groomsmen and my FI is wearing this shirt
                      Macy*s - Men's - INC International Concepts® Aves Embroidered Woven Shirt
                      and the groomsmen are wearing this shirt
                      Women's & Men's Clothes: Plus Size, Maternity, Baby & Kid's Clothing | Old Navy

My FI wanted to stand out and he said his shirt was, and I quote "Fierce"...that's what I get for making him watch Project Runway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users