Sign in to follow this  
JennyK

My FI slept through the earthquake

Of all the friggin' weeks for a natural disaster to happen.. it has to be when my FI is on his trip to China!

After my FMIL calling me to tell me about the earthquake.. I put myself into a panic and cried my eyes out for about an hour at work. I hadn't heard from Greg today and when I found out about the earthquake, it was 5am there. I managed to get his room number and had her call since I wasn't home and no international on my cell phone. He's ok and didn't feel a thing in Shanghai! I think he didn't feel it because he was drinking and sleeps like a rock when he's drunk! haha He was really worried about me so he called me to reassure me that all is well where he is. Ahh... this sucks though. I want him home now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCheese View Post
that is scary!!! good thing he is safe and sound. how long will he be away?
I JUST got a call from my FMIL.. she just had my FI's cousin's (who he is there with) mom call her telling her that Greg is having a really hard time with this and packed his shit and left the hotel! He didn't call me. Now I'm back to a panic bc I don't know where he is and I don't want him traveling halfway around the world alone. I called his hotel room and no one answered. I'm going to keep trying until I get his cousin.

OMG! That sucks but I'm sure he is ok! Guys don't always think to let everyone else know what is going on! Is he really alone? Hopefully he is with another friend he was traveling with.

From what I was just told, he took it more serious than anyone in the group he was with and just said,"I'm going home." He probably hopped on a taxi to the airport. He'll probably try to get a flight out to San Francisco but I'm sure there's MANY MANY people trying to get the hell outta there. I can only imagine what's going through his mind.. he's alone without his family or me and this happens. He probably realized what could've happened to him and thank god didn't..

Scary... I can only imagine your panic. Glad to hear he is fine and was able to sleep through it. Hopefully he just needed to get out of the hotel and clear his head.... try not to panic.. I'm sure he will get back in contact with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyN View Post
Scary... I can only imagine your panic. Glad to hear he is fine and was able to sleep through it. Hopefully he just needed to get out of the hotel and clear his head.... try not to panic.. I'm sure he will get back in contact with you!
he called mesmile36.gif

He said he freaked out when he logged onto AIM and he got about 20 IMs in a row asking if he was alive..so he went to the airport to leave but there are no flights out until tomorrow so he's staying until the end of his trip since it's only 1 more day. lord I dunno who panics more, me or him lol