Riu Vallarta Review and a few pictures

Perfect! Thank you! That's actually exactly what I was hoping for....

If you find out the cost, that would be fantastic. Thank you for your help!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
Perfect! Thank you! That's actually exactly what I was hoping for....
If you find out the cost, that would be fantastic. Thank you for your help!
I just got off the phone with Katie and I got more information.

The 12/15 pictures were the free ones from the wedding package.

For $300 you can get 36 pictures or for $350 you get the CD with a full set of high resolution pictures, of which Katie seems to think there are just over 100, but that originally he must have taken close to 300 because of the numbering system on the pictures. So the CD is what the photographer considers the best shots.

The DVD of the wedding was $450.

All prices are the 2008 prices. Expect an increase for 2009 weddings. All US dollars.

Great review Helen. Your daughter was a gorgeous bride and you were a very pretty MOB! I liked your dress alot!

As for you all getting sick going to LC- wow. It must be the luck of the draw. We had a very smooth ride back but my guests said it was rough going out. Must be the time of the day and how the tide is. Thankfully no one got sick! I'm sorry to hear you all weren't able to fully enjoy the trip!

Thanks so much for posting all those pictures! You have no idea how reassuring it is to see actual wedding pictures from here! I am still debating between the 3 RIU hotels (one is opening just down the beach in Oct '0cool.gif but I hear that the beach location is the same for the RIU Vallarta and RIU Jalisco. You are right, the sun loungers aren't too close. I never thought about photoshopping out people who get into the pictures... that is a great idea!

I also appreciate pictures of the cake and the info about the photog. I believe his name is Aldo Tovar... I have tried to go to his website recently, but it isn't working? Not very reassuring! Thanks again for all the info! It looks like a beautiful wedding!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are absolutely the greatest. Thank you so much for the review. I was very concerned about the Riu as no one really had been there. Your review has put many of my fears to rest. You all looked amazing. One question Helen, Did you guys eat upstairs at the Flamingo or beachside? Again thanks for all the information you have already shared...monkey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by newprincessbride View Post
You are absolutely the greatest. Thank you so much for the review. I was very concerned about the Riu as no one really had been there. Your review has put many of my fears to rest. You all looked amazing. One question Helen, Did you guys eat upstairs at the Flamingo or beachside? Again thanks for all the information you have already shared...monkey.gif
You're all welcome for anything I can add to make things easier for any future brides, either to make a decision or ease some nerves.

We ate on the lower level of Flamingo's but you can still see the beach, and also the sunset over the mountains. It is open but they have these big shades that they pull down to screen the sun. You get the open air feel, sound of the ocean and the breeze. At the time of the dinner (6:00?) there were not many people left on the beach so we were not disturbed at all.