Renting the Disco (ROR)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 PrecisePlans

• 802 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:00 PM

He had plenty of reggae and soca covered. Anything else, I would bring just to be on the safe side!!

#12 tmemise

• 135 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:54 PM

Soca! well thats great news! My FI is a huge Soca fan

#13 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by starryeyedbride2b
        Do you remember if he played a good selection of reggae/dancehall music? What about old school rap/hip-hop and R&B? I might bring a CD with some old school stuff...I would hope he has the reggae stuff covered!
        He didn't play any reggae for us, but did play lots of old school rap- like salt & peppa's Push It! They pretty much listen to the same music we listen to so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I was kinda worried that they just had a random person "pretending" to be a DJ, but he was legit.
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#14 para el amore

para el amore
        • 49 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Destination08
          If you rent the Disco for the evening they open the bar up in there so you are able to buy drinks correct? I dont need to worry about these open bar questions (I hope)
          I won't do the disco, rent the Sea Grape it's out on the beach and yes you have to pay for the open bar per person. But it's breath taking, the disco is dark and gloom but air condition. So I gues it's your preference but your going all the way to ROR to get married might as well do it up and have your reception on the beach. Right?

#15 ButlerGirl08

• 382 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:26 PM

I don't think you should rent out the disco either... If you are like me and were trying to save money, just find a place on the beach and go at it. Get some candles and maybe put them in the sand and bring some sort of radio...the Lobby BAr and Blue Mountain bar are open late, so guests can just go there and get drinks...

If I had to choose, I would see which comes out less expensive and do that...but I will say the Sea Grape probably looks alot better and has a nice beachy feeling...

#16 RastaBride

• 12 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

I've recently contacted someone at ROR to try to reserve the Seagrape... but they have informed me that it will be used for the hotel's beach party the night of my wedding. Does anyone know if there is another beach bar or outside alternative to have a reception? Can you hire a DJ for an outside reception at the Seagrape? Thanks!

#17 Marnie&Peter

• 302 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

You can have a pool side reception without the dinner.....its $15 per person, with tables set up, candles and lights and an open bar for everyone...

thats what im going...we are doin dinner at mammee at 630 and the poolside from 830-1030...kinda excited because i think it will be really pretty....and really, i didnt have any other options other than the disco, because the seagrape was already reserved....there is room made for a dance floor too...

#18 KHarrod

• 902 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

Really, I didnt know that I have pics of the poolside reception set up. It looks great.

#19 Marnie&Peter

• 302 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:06 PM

KHarrod, can you send me those pics of the poolside reception set up, I have been trying to find pics FOREVER!

#20 KHarrod

• 902 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

Sure, give me your email address.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users