Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta in different time zones??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 raisinblur

• 94 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:37 AM

I just learned that PV and NV are in different time zones! This seems like the strangest thing to me, especially since they are pretty close to each other. And I imagine tourists travel between the 2 regions quite frequently.

Puerto Vallarta Mexico: Time, time zones, and Mexican Time
    Vallarta Mexico

We'll be staying in NV, but plan to get married at LC and to go to PV to site-see. For those who have been to PV and/or NV before, has this ever posed any problems? Like if you stay in NV and book tours in PV, or vice versa. It seems like a hassle to always have to verify which time you're referring to... and also you're never sure which time others are referring to!

#2 Celina

• Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:41 AM

This is the second time I have heard this. I don't know for sure, but we'll see what others say....
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#3 edna

• Site Supporter
      • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:31 AM

Yes this is true, Puerto Vallarta is on Jalisco State and Nuevo Vallarta is on Nayarit State , and they are in different time zones. Is weird but most of the hotels in Nuevo Vallarta are using in their clocks the time of Puerto Vallarta...

#4 Mel

• 141 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:29 AM

It is true. There are signs that let you know when you cross the time zones. We were on a tour and couldn't figure out why all of the clocks in the outer cities were not the same as what we had and turns out it was because we were in Nayarit.

#5 Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,490 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

What?! I have never heard that...but that is certainly a good piece of info to have! thanks for the heads up!

#6 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,680 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
            • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
            • LocationUtah

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

Weird... I didn't even know about this. Interesting. Well the Riu Jalisco was certainly on PV time

#7 jajajaja

• VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

Wow. I didn't know that either.

As for going to LC, I'm sure your guests will use the NV pick up right? I would confirm if the pick up time is PV or NV time. I would hate for them to miss the boat.
              Happily married since 2008

#8 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

I had NO idea! FI and I are honeymooning in NV and I have a few guests staying there. I think I should give them the heads up so that they don't show up late (or early) to the ceremony!

#9 evtalbot

• 173 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:14 AM

Wow I had no idea! Thanks for the info!!!

#10 starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:51 AM

We figured it out when we had to go to NV to pick something up - we asked the time and were kind of startled, then we got back to PV and saw the time and we're totally confused - someone had to tell us that there is a time difference! We thought we were just out of it...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users