Jump to content

Photo

Using Michael


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Kandys

Kandys
  • Newbie
  • 80 posts

    Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:21 AM

    Thanks for all the information posted on this link, so helpful!

    #32 Birdie07

    Birdie07
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,218 posts

      Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:35 AM

      I thought I replied to this thread and I guess I didn't. I did have a thread with the photos from Michael but I organized my photobucket and the links no longer work! AHH! I used Michael and I loved him! He's the sweetest ever and hilarious to work with. I have a wedding slide show but it includes pics from the resort and our wedding. If you want to sit through it I'll post the link. Michael's photos are in there as well. I ended up getting 10 on a cd and then having him print a bunch to hang. Obviously those I can't share b/c they're in frames (on my to do list) but they are gorgeous! If I had to do it over even with all the bad rap he gets I would choose him again!

      Wedding Slideshow on Vimeo

      ETA: It sounds like I only got 10 photos HAHA...I got a ton of photos from him he took hundreds. Plus he keeps all his photos indefinitely and said I could always order more later. So thats a plus if you're trying to save money now, you can always get more later!

      #33 crawford2B

      crawford2B
      • Jr. Member
      • 244 posts

        Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ellipse22
        I will have no family video taping. I think it would be a good idea because I only have 6 people going (including us) and maybe I can arrange a get together to view the video ;-) That's one way to convince him!!

        P.S. What is your first name?!?! Thanks!
        We only had 7 of us and 3 were kids. I tried to get my DH to post the video on youtube but that hasn't happened yet. In the video it starts with a few pictures to music (that we picked and brought with us) and then it shows me walking down the isle and the whole ceremony. Then it has us taking pictures after the ceremony, this is also to music. I think they did a great job! The transitions are good and we pick the music so of course we like that. I will try again to get him to post it. I think the problem is that it is too big to fit on youtube. I did find one before we left because I wanted to see what $300 was getting me, but it was choppy. If you go to youtube and type in ROR jamaica wedding there are lots of clips. This may help.

        Oh sorry I'm Lindsey. We are in St. Louis Missouri.

        I hope this helps! I will try and figure a way for you to see the video. It may take me a little bit. Im not the computer person, my DH is.

        #34 crawford2B

        crawford2B
        • Jr. Member
        • 244 posts

          Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

          Oh I forgot to tell you that you don't have to make a decision until you get there. We were sure we wanted it before. But I bet if you ask they will show you samples when you get there. I asked them to send me a clip or something but they said it was too big but we could talk when we got there. Everything is NO PROBLEM in Jamaica!! If you do get the video you will get to watch it before you leave. They give you a DVD player in your room to borrow.

          #35 Ellipse22

          Ellipse22
          • Member
          • 584 posts

            Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

            Sounds great! I will do a search on YT to see what I can come up. If you still willing to try to upload your video or parts of it that would be great!

            #36 Spazz

            Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

              Posted 24 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

              We just got back and we also used Michael. I'm happy with our choice. Like some have said, the pictures are not as creative and stunning as some of the photographers here on the forum, but they worked for me. In my review I said that I wish we did some more photos with better poses, but that was totally my fault because I really rushed Michael (I hate pictures and just wanted to get them done so I could go hang out with my guests). We had the Classic package which was $180 I think. I added 4 hours to the package, which was $70/hour. He came to my room to get pics of me and my bridesmaids before the ceremony, went to the ceremony and cocktail hour with us, then stayed til about halfway through the reception. We got 10 prints before we left and he gave me a CD with all of the 952 pictures that he took. I still have to look through them all and decide which ones I want. Once I decide, I can email him and he will edit those pics and mail me a CD with the high-resolution pics. I could have done it down there, but I didn't feel like spending my vacation sitting in his office looking through them. Overall, I think Photoshop was a great choice for us.

              #37 jmhein

              jmhein
              • Member
              • 665 posts

                Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

                Lizz, you're so smart to look through the pics that way! I didnt really know that was an option, and we spent an entire afternoon of our vacation in the photoshop trying to choose 100 pictures!!
                ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23


                My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

                #38 Birdie07

                Birdie07
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,218 posts

                  Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:29 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by crawford2B
                  We only had 7 of us and 3 were kids. I tried to get my DH to post the video on youtube but that hasn't happened yet. In the video it starts with a few pictures to music (that we picked and brought with us) and then it shows me walking down the isle and the whole ceremony. Then it has us taking pictures after the ceremony, this is also to music. I think they did a great job! The transitions are good and we pick the music so of course we like that. I will try again to get him to post it. I think the problem is that it is too big to fit on youtube. I did find one before we left because I wanted to see what $300 was getting me, but it was choppy. If you go to youtube and type in ROR jamaica wedding there are lots of clips. This may help.

                  Oh sorry I'm Lindsey. We are in St. Louis Missouri.

                  I hope this helps! I will try and figure a way for you to see the video. It may take me a little bit. Im not the computer person, my DH is.
                  Hey girl, try putting your video on vimeo...it's Vimeo, Video Sharing For You. They let you have a longer video on there. I put my slideshow which is 15 minutes long on there. Youtube has a timelimit and stuff. Try that and see if it works!

                  #39 Spazz

                  Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

                    Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jmhein
                    Lizz, you're so smart to look through the pics that way! I didnt really know that was an option, and we spent an entire afternoon of our vacation in the photoshop trying to choose 100 pictures!!
                    I didn't realize it either until Mike was bitching about looking at them after 20 minutes and Michael let us know it was an option. Seriously we would have been there for 4 hours looking at them, so I'm happy he offered it.

                    #40 crawford2B

                    crawford2B
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 244 posts

                      Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by CaliaA07
                      Hey girl, try putting your video on vimeo...it's Vimeo, Video Sharing For You. They let you have a longer video on there. I put my slideshow which is 15 minutes long on there. Youtube has a timelimit and stuff. Try that and see if it works!

                      Thanks!! Ill have to let my hubby know because I don't do computers!!!!! I spent all day trying to get Nortin anit virus back on our computer, and it still won't work. I give up . Anyway I will get on him about our wedding video.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users