• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

There is no end to the BM drama in sight apparently.

This Saturday was my family shower. We only invited about 15, expecting it to be really small. Only 8 showed up. My Aunt was a little disappointed, but I had fun and we had a good visit.

Guess who didn't show? That's right, both of my bridesmaids! MOH didn't know she had to go out to lunch with her mom for Mother's Day. I think she could have at least stopped by, but whatever.

The other BM who hasn't paid for her trip and is completely avoiding me also didn't show up.

Then, step mother and half sister didn't come either. I know that my step mom is a freak and gets totally weird around my mom, but I still think she should have showed. I mean it is a shower! It's not like I'm asking them to move in together! All any of them had to do was take an hour out of their day and eat some f-ing cake!

Then, for my Big shower (Please note that I really didn't want a shower and I'm ending up with 5!) my friends never asked me what date worked for me and just sent the invites out! My FMIL calls me freaking out that the date they picked was when we will be in Kansas City for FI's brothers wedding! I know that I have been perfectly clear with all of my friends that their wedding was Memorial Day Weekend, but I guess no one hears the words that come out of my mouth! AHHHHH! I'm am so frustrated!

I appreciate the thoughts and gestures, but don't get mad at me when you don't consult me on plans and they don't work with my schedule! If nothing else, I'm a caterer, most of my weekends are booked! I even turned down a party on the 31st, the day I thought the shower was, so they could host my party that day.

I'm a little bitter at the moment and have decided that people in general are just stupid!

#2 currier73

currier73
    • 154 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

That really sucks for you. Try to just hang in there and see what is really important, you and your future husband.

#3 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

I feel very similar and have even thought of just running away and scrapping the whole thing lol

Screw the lot of them is what I say!! Give them some of their own medicine

#4 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:33 PM

Oh no!!! That sucks!

Did someone tell them about the shower that conflicts with the wedding? Maybe they can re-schedule. I hate when people don't listen!

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ErinB
          All any of them had to do was take an hour out of their day and eat some f-ing cake!
          i do have to say that this sentence made me LOL :) sorry

oh erin, you are just not having a good weekend. you need a bottle of wine!!

#6 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:39 AM

Geez - what a bunch of idiots! Some people just dont get it. Just knowing you are a caterer, they should have the common sense to ask!
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

erin - that sucks - i am really sorry although i think your DW is giving you an opportunity to re-evaluate some of these relationships (which seems like it happens for all of us)

#8 Bride010101

Bride010101
              • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:57 AM

I"m sorry ... that sucks! Who knows what people are thinking sometimes. Have you been able to talk to them to get them to reschedule the big one?

#9 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:04 AM

the people that didn't show up, really could of just showed for an hr and eat some fing cake like you said. Even if your moh was going to lunch with her mom, she could of arranged it so she could do both.

I'm sure your friends meant well when planning the shower, they just didnt' plan it well. First priority should be that the date works well with the btb's schedule.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#10 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:07 AM

Oh for Pete's sake! They seriously didn't ask you if you were available? You need to kick some BM butt.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users