DJ: Mannia Cancun review

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

We are back from our Dreams Cancun wedding so I guess its time to start the reviews. We hired DJ Mannia for our DJ and we were relatively pleased. The purpose of this review is to neither recommend nor bash anyone, only to state the facts. So with that said, we will begin.

We had Sergio from DJ Mannia and he seemed like a very nice fellow. He was likable from the start and appeared very organized. Our reception was supposed to begin at 7:00 with dinner, but our photo shoot ran a little late. I met with Sergio at about 7:15 and we discussed everything prior to our entrance. We discussed the first dance and Sergio recommended we do that before the dinner and just after our entrance. I loved the idea and only wish we would have been able to tell our photographer who had went up to our hotel room in order to snap some shots from up high. He had no idea we were doing our first dance before dinner. We discussed with Sergio our cake cutting song as well as garter and flower toss. That went pretty smoothly. Sergio then specifically asked us if we had "DO NOT PLAY" songs. We told him we absolutely did not want anything with swearing or cursing. We were very clear about that. Rather than Sergio telling us he would not play those songs, he told us he would just play the "radio" version of the songs. I was mildly annoyed at that point because they were supposed to be "DO NOT PLAY" songs, but I dismissed it and tried going with the flow. We never discussed a father/daughter or mother/son dance which we wanted, but with the time constraints, we understood. After discussing the songs to be played and not to be played, Sergio told us he would play a couple of Michael Jackson songs. I was growing more and more annoyed because I really dont care for Michael Jackson...especially since his death, everything associated with Michael Jackson is getting really old and really played out. Again, I dismissed it and thought he would only play one or two songs. Rather he played like 5 or 6 (maybe more) Jackson songs all combined into a really long and annoying mix. Lastly, we discussed the last song to be played. Sergio recommended "We are family" and due to his recommendation, we accepted. I gotta say Im not a big fan of the song and I think we could have picked something better, but ultimately it was our decision to go with his recommendation. Now, onto some more positive things. During dinner, we had a song request for some Barry White. I told Sergio and it was immediately played! The rest of the music during dinner was perfect! Sergio came up to us toward the end of the dinner and due to time constraints, he made some recommendations to change the order in which we did things. We gladly accepted and it turned out just fine. Sergio was able to set up the toast very quickly and that helped give us more time to dance. Throughout the dancing, Sergio approached us again and asked us if we wanted to do a "Tequila Conga Line." We thought that was the coolest thing in the world and most people participated. So thanks Sergio. On a more sour note (and FYI my timeline might be off a little bit here,) they played a few songs with swearing (particularly the song which talks about sweat dripping down certain parts of a mans body :) ....some pretty vulgar stuff for an older crowd) and we had to run over and tell him to cut it off. That was after we dismissed the first song which had swearing in it. Ah well, he cut it off pretty quick. Sergio did a nice job of MCing and keeping people up and dancing.

Overall, I think Sergio did a decent job. I dont think he did a bad job and I dont think he did a great job. I would give him an average grade. Would I recommend using an iPod for the reception? NO!!! Get a DJ and preferrably DJ Mannia. There are tons of reviews on here which totally rave about their performance. Maybe we caught Sergio on a bad day. Sergio really made no attempt at staying later than contracted (7pm-10pm.) If he would have offered to stay later, we would have gladly payed him. But it seemed like he did not really go out of his way to make it a more pleasant experience. So if anyone has any questions, feel free and let me know. Best of luck to you all. I hope this review wasnt too disorganized.

Ok, well my review may not be too helpful as far as a specific DJ but DJ Mannia overall was great!!!

He came over to Dreams (ok, i will be honest when I say we, I am not sure of exactly who it was) He told me , but I was in the middle of my meeting with Claudia and I was soo overwhelmed. Well he took a copy of my program for reception, asked if he coulkd use the Mic and facilitate the entire event and I said sure. He asked me to email the names of the bridal party so he could introduce thgem (i forgt.) oops..lol I was having too much fun down there. I didnt touch my computer.

The day of, Due to rain, my reception was supposed to be 630-1030 and due to rain the wedding didnt start until 6:15 ISH, so of course after pics etc, I think we got into the reception at 730! DJ Mannia was there (it was actually like 3 of them) and they playd all the right songs for the entry, the dances, the bouquet and garter etc. He followed my program to a T and not only that he had confetti fall, balloons drop and everyone had a BALL with the balloons!! Also because it started late, Claudia and Mannia let us go to 11:30, and we had to go ask for them to stop playing he was ready to keep on playing. There was a time where we had a few favorite songs we wanted to heear and one of my guests was a DJ and he made a back up cd and the DJ played it with no problem, one song had waaay to much vulgar language but as soon as i queued him to change it he did. That was MY FAULT though.. I was straight from my cd.

Greaaat experience!!

Adrienne

Dreams Cancun

8/16/09

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

MANNIA DJ SERVICES is a company that provides Dj services and Audiovisual equipment for rent , in Guadalajara Jalisco México since 1983 , Cancun , Riviera Maya and surrounding areas since 2000, and Punta Cana D.R. since past July, we have in our staff 12 different Dj ´s in Cancun (3 Carlos), and 4 in Punta Cana D.R. , all our Dj´s are Professional , you will get the same quality service having any of them

Don´t be sad , Carlos Martínez is the General Director and the owner of the company (not just a Dj) as i said MANNIA is a company that has many Dj´s in house and all of them are as professional as Carlos , MANNIA does more than 400 weddings a year just in Cancun, Riviera Maya and surrounding areas ,so , you will get the same quality service with or without Carlos,

We hired Carlos from DJ mannia for our 6-5-9 wedding at Secrets Maroma. He is the preferred DJ for Secrets Maroma so there are no outside vendor fees. His price is a bit high compared to other DJs, but the quality is worth every cent! My husband, I and guests were very impressed! My husband and I are so glad we decided to go with a DJ instead of using an I pod! Carlos met with us the morning before our wedding to discuss details. Carlos was very professional and played all the songs we requested by email 2 weeks before our wedding. We would highly recommend him!