Sign in to follow this  
Christine

2007 Most Popular Baby Names

my cousin just named her little girl Sophie, but I have only had one Olivia in my classes (of course I have 17-18 year olds so I would need to look at the 1990 most popular names)

I've never heard of Ainsleigh - but I love, love, love it.

I was so bummed when this article came out - for years I have known that I would name my daughter Neva (after a great grandmother) which is very unique. BUT the article said some new spiritual names are coming back, amongst them "Nevaeh" which is heaven backwards. Dammit. I hope this doesn't catch on.

Oh I know so many Olivias and Sophia's ... but I do love the names, and I love Elizabeth too.

Ainsleigh is a gorgeous name, but she probably will get sick os spelling it for people. But who cares, I have the "easiest" name out there, and still have to always say "no e" so you can't win!

It's not set in stone, but it's looking like Gwendolyn Ann and John Brady will be out names ... Paul is giving me Gwendolyn for my grandma, and I am giving him John for his dad. I don't know that either of us love the names! But oh well, I'm sure I will once baby arrives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Martha View Post
I love Ainsleigh....actually a lot better than Elizabeth. Jay has a VERY psycho ex-gf named Elizabeth, so she kinda ruined it for me.

Actually my students have ruined a lot of names for me....There are a lot of names I like that were the names of my monster students and I could never give them a name that reminds me of a monster student. Wierd, I know!

My best friend that is also preg. is naming her baby Charis...pronounced Caris. I told her she was going to have a lot of people pronouncing that "h." Actually the "ch" sound.
My Best friend is also a teacher and she said the same thing about a child ruining a name. She had the hardest time naming her daughter. She finally settled on Mallory after watching Family Ties! I really didn't care for it at first (but supported her cause she is my friend..lol) now it is Mallory and it totally fits her!

I have a daughter the same age, 2, and I let my FI name her. He settled on Riley Mae. I still love it. It is not just Riley either. It is Riley Mae..lol It kinda just stuck that way. The only thing I don't like about it is after she was born everyone kept telling me "so and so just named thier little girl that". I hope she don't go to school and have like 50 in her class with the same name. I also wish we would have spelled it Rylee just to give it a more feminine feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahbrown1979 View Post
I've never heard of Ainsleigh - but I love, love, love it.

I was so bummed when this article came out - for years I have known that I would name my daughter Neva (after a great grandmother) which is very unique. BUT the article said some new spiritual names are coming back, amongst them "Nevaeh" which is heaven backwards. Dammit. I hope this doesn't catch on.
My friend's little girl is Nevaeh. I really love that name. But that's the first time I've ever heard of it....I don't think it's that popular.

Why aren't any of my picks on there..

For a boy: Gator, Bullet,

For a girl: Have not decided on the first name yet, but I think WrestleMania has a nice ring to it for a middle name. Like Ruby WrestleMania Lambert

Hehe. Karen gets that scared, angry, confused look in her face when I start talking about names. She knows I am kidding but there is a flash in there of "oh my god....what if he is not kidding?"