• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:21 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TA Jennifer
    I thought that travel agents weren't allowed to post on theknot.com ?
    I don't think they allow any form of a vendor. You can "recommend" them.

#22 caroline

caroline
    • 697 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

I would venture to guess that most forums would be that way, unfortunately... no matter what the topic. You'll always have your old-timers and those who post under multiple personas... That's the advantage though, of posting in a forum for a specific reason - to garner knowledge as opposed to just shooting the sh*t! This place was pretty easy to settle into. But there still have to have been waves at some point & time!

#23 BePhoto

BePhoto
      • 202 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

You guys are right - No vendors are allowed to post on theknot.com at all. - However, in many markets, there seems to be some vendors that create ID's as "brides" and then get on and post a "Vendor Review" of their wedding - only reviewing one vendor, and telling everyone how great they were. - and that is the only post they ever put on the forum!

But it goes beyond that - in the Baltimore area, we had a big bridal show at fair grounds -- one of the opposing bridal show founders got on the knot and repeatedly made fake accounts talking down about the fairgrounds bridal show. - it was kind of absurd.

-- Everyone here seems to be friendly and seems to respect each others points of view.

I think the fact that vendors are allowed to post (but not SPAM) is great. - Vendors usually know alot more about the wedding industry than brides do -- and as a result, can be very helpful in ways other than simply soliciting.

-- Afterall, we go to weddings ALL THE TIME - and see all kinds of things!

The Knot's search feature is useless. - I advertise on the knot locally - and when I told my sales rep, I get all these click-thru's to my site coming from a forum, but I cant search because your search feature is broken. - she said she would look into it, and never got back to me.

On the Vendor's side - it's annoying because I'd like to see what's being discussed, and who is linking to me! -- I often give gifts to previous clients who continue to reffer me business and I like to always know who is reffering me so I know who to send gifts -- but without the search feature, I cant!

#24 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Be Photography LLC
          You guys are right - No vendors are allowed to post on theknot.com at all. - However, in many markets, there seems to be some vendors that create ID's as "brides" and then get on and post a "Vendor Review" of their wedding - only reviewing one vendor, and telling everyone how great they were. - and that is the only post they ever put on the forum!

But it goes beyond that - in the Baltimore area, we had a big bridal show at fair grounds -- one of the opposing bridal show founders got on the knot and repeatedly made fake accounts talking down about the fairgrounds bridal show. - it was kind of absurd.

-- Everyone here seems to be friendly and seems to respect each others points of view.

I think the fact that vendors are allowed to post (but not SPAM) is great. - Vendors usually know alot more about the wedding industry than brides do -- and as a result, can be very helpful in ways other than simply soliciting.

-- Afterall, we go to weddings ALL THE TIME - and see all kinds of things!

The Knot's search feature is useless. - I advertise on the knot locally - and when I told my sales rep, I get all these click-thru's to my site coming from a forum, but I cant search because your search feature is broken. - she said she would look into it, and never got back to me.

On the Vendor's side - it's annoying because I'd like to see what's being discussed, and who is linking to me! -- I often give gifts to previous clients who continue to reffer me business and I like to always know who is reffering me so I know who to send gifts -- but without the search feature, I cant!
          That's what makes BDW so wonderful. We love to see different vendors because everyone's different. All of us brides have different "visions" of our weddings. I found my photog on BDW and he is exactly what I was looking for. These girls helped me on the path to finding my videographer and DJ.

#25 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TA Jennifer
          I thought that travel agents weren't allowed to post on theknot.com ?
          that's the brides.com forum...most of the posts are from TA's trying to drum up business.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users