Cancun Musicians

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 indypitty

• 110 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:17 PM

Does anyone know of any Mexican Trio type bands for hire in the area? I have had a hard time finding any online. The ones through my resort seem to be very expensive (about $700 an hour, with a 15 minute break). I would like to find something cheaper.

#2 212eric

• 13 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:15 PM

I should be able to point you in the right direction. Please tell me what type of music style you want the band to play? I am new to this board so if I do not spot your post in the next day or so, please get in touch with me, I don't want to leave you hangning.

Have Fun Planning Your Special Day,

#3 BeachBride82

• 51 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:32 PM

Be careful about bringing in an outside vendor. The hotel that we picked charged $80US per outside vendor/guest for day passes.

It ended up being cheaper for us to pay $850 for 45 minute mariachi band provided by the hotel!

Hope this helps!

#4 indypitty

• 110 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for warning me, BeachBride. One of the best things I've found about the Hilton so far is that they do not charge at all to bring in outside vendors!

#5 morenaindc

• 221 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:18 PM

Eric - I need a guitarist....

#6 212eric

• 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

The Hilton is doing the right thing by not charging, and personally I had no idea that resorts in Cancun were still doing this. I find it really ties people's hands and forces them to choose something they otherwise may not want.

I wonder, has anyone else run into the same issue, where a resort forced you to hire their pre-selected musical groups? If so, can you name the resort and when it happened? I think this would be so helpful for everyone to know, in advance of booking a resort to hold a wedding.

Thanks in advance,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users