Sign in to follow this  
Nrvsbride

Let's talk about our problem areas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
Thanks so much Sandra. I need this book. If I can change one thing about myself, it would be my skin. I hate it and literally cry about it. I avoid wearing make-up when ever possible (M-F). I break out so easily.

Glenda, I have many more problem areas, but I've reached a point where I told myself that if I am too lazy (which I am) to change it, I need to embrace it. So I love my body and all its jelly!
I think you'll like it, it really did help me. This and the pads from MDSkincare, instead of using an entire line of creams and lotions, you only put this pads once a day and you're ready to go.
MD Skincare® Product Detail: Alpha Beta® Daily Face Peel: 30 Applications

of course don't forget tons and tons of water!

I hate my belly.. at least once a month someone touches it asking me when I'm due sad.gifsad.gif It just happened last week when I went to a BBQ and mind you I'm pounding back the beers, and my FI's friend's father asks his son if I'm pregnant. WTF..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyK View Post
I hate my belly.. at least once a month someone touches it asking me when I'm due sad.gifsad.gif It just happened last week when I went to a BBQ and mind you I'm pounding back the beers, and my FI's friend's father asks his son if I'm pregnant. WTF..
WOW!! If I had a couple of beer in me & someone asked if I was pregnant... I think I would have thrown a few punches! lol Kudos for your patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrafaye View Post
WOW!! If I had a couple of beer in me & someone asked if I was pregnant... I think I would have thrown a few punches! lol Kudos for your patience!
My first thoughts was,"Obviously I'm not pregnant if I'm pounding them back!" LMAO I just get it from everyone.. I'm 5'4", 135 lbs and I don't gain weight anywhere else but my belly. There's like nothing I can do bc even when I'm 115 lbs I still have my belly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
Glenda, I have many more problem areas, but I've reached a point where I told myself that if I am too lazy (which I am) to change it, I need to embrace it. So I love my body and all its jelly!
Amyh, I agree with you so much, because I think I have gotten to that mindset. I must be somewhat okay with the way I look because I haven't changed it...alot of it is the laziness because if it was REALLY REALLY something I want to change, it would have been gone by now. It's just hard because I am happy with myself but I wish I could train my mind to do the things I know my body needs...like work out...A Workout buddy would be helpful, but I have the craziest work schedule imaginable...no one would be able to keep up with me with how I work.

I definitly hate my thighs. Like TammyB no matter how much I work out that is just the spot that wont lose the fat!

I'm running 3 miles 3-4 times a week and doing a lot of ballet type excercises and still they are flabby.

Yup my skin is also a problem too. I do use proactive which has helped so much. But when you are 28 years old and still get backnee it is embarrising!

Like just about everyone else here, I have acne on my face, chest and back. Ugh! I've seen teenagers with better skin than me.

I've had 2 facials in 6 weeks and I haven't seen a difference, and I had a "back facial" last week and no change.

And I hate my belly, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it, so I guess I shouldn't really complain.

**update** Just saw this link on the Internet about clearing your skin using only over-the-counter products

Dan's Regimen - 3 step system to clear skin

After my dress fitting the other day, I have to do something with my arms. It looks like I'm going to be lifting weights like crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
OMG me too. My goodness I'm 34 years old, I would think I shouldn't be breaking out like a school girl at my age.
Add me to that lovely party.grouphug.gif Add to that, having pores the size of your average moon crater...

Other than that, the thing that I can honestly say I "hate", is the the lovely roll I have under my belly button. I can front and convince myself and a few others that my stomach is relatively flat..until I unbutton my pants. Yes, thats right..its sitting UNDER my waistband. hahaha...People are telling me its because of carrying four kids at once and the skin being stretched out, but that ain't just skin in there. Please.blush2.gif

Thankfully, like Butlergirl and AmyH, I've learned to love myself and just optimize the good stuff instead of stressing over the bad. There are body shapers to make it look like that roll surgically removed for my wedding day, so I'm happy.