Let's talk about our problem areas!

Speaking of facial issues and skin sensitivity. I found out that I was allergic to benzoyl peroxide. At first the reaction was small but ended up almost like a welt. Anyway, I through out the over the counter stuff and started using Murad which has been fabulous for me.

I found that working out with low weights 5-10lbs with high reps burns the most fat and toned my arms. Mind you, I have not kept to the program. But I have started to walk to work or home at least four times a week. But I like the idea of the blog encouraging others to hang in there. I need the motivation.

Thanks all.smile123.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proativ burned the living sh*t out of my face! It looked like I has nasty windburn all over the place... wasn't pretty! At least it cleared up on it's own eventually....

I get psoraisis on my scalp pretty bad sometimes. It doesn't bother me much but I'm tough. My sister gets it & she gets very embarassed. It looks like you have giant chunks of dandruff & if it gets irritated it turns red & can scab. Sucks, but getting my hair coloured & the sunshine (or tanning) really help to control it!

IMO you can do as much weights as you want, but it's going to be cardio that's going to burn the fat for you. Even in those hard to get places (arms, etc) I do heavier weights at the gym, but nothing will get my "flab" toned well without the cardio. I find it exhausting to do an hour of weights and then try to do cardio while at the gym, so I try to do them seperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
Do I have to tell you this again. You have to weight atleast 100lbs to be considered to have issues LOL

U are soooo funny :), I had a huge feeling that you would see that I posted and write a comment like that lol. That's why you're my friend LOL hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
i hate my tummy. i could deal with every other icky area on my body, but i hate the fat on my tummy. it looks like i have extra skin from having a baby, yet i havent! and it's not like my tummy is distended or bloated, its not inside, but the actual layer of blubber on the outside.

oh and also the skin on the back of my upper arms gets these little bumps. i hate it. it doesnt happen in the winter when they're covered up, but in the summer when i start to wear sleeveless stuff. of course.
Dougsgirl I am in the exact same boat as you. I have stomach muscles and you can even see where I use to have a little definition, but it is this huge layer of fat on top of it. I know that cardio does the job, but I can seem to find enough energy, time, and "want to" to go and take my smile117.gif to the gym. This is ridiculous because I only have a little more than a month til the wedding and only 4 days til my dress fitting...What can I do for a quick fix that will just get me right for the wedding? Any suggestionshuh.gif

I will keep everyother thickness that I have, because I do believe in a little meat..but this belly is ridiculous... I use to play college basketball and had nice muscle definition...I am only 24...WHAT HAPPENEDhuh.gifgirl_werewolf.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerGirl08 View Post
This is ridiculous because I only have a little more than a month til the wedding and only 4 days til my dress fitting...What can I do for a quick fix that will just get me right for the wedding? Any suggestionshuh.gif
your only option at this point with the fitting being 4 days away is to buy a good pair of spanks that have tummy control, or a corset bra.

if you know you are carrying a lot of water weight, then you can take an OTC diuretic (or even just drink a lot of tea or coffee really, that will get you peeing). but to be honest that wont help you *that* much unless you get prescription diurectics from a doctor.

Are you following a nutrition plan like WW? Doing that for 3-4 weeks may help, but then think also that you do not want to lose too much weight because then your dress will be too big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiuBride2b View Post
My stomach and my thighs. I HATE THEM!! I have to constantly hold my gut in and my thighs are starting to show signs of cellulite (this is so embarassing). I'm only 27, I shouldn't have any signs of cellulite.... what the censored.gif!!!
I hate my thighs Im getting signs of cellulite right underneath my butt! Very sexy!

I've started circuit training, and I think it has helped. When I do weights, I go from one exericse to the next. I don't take breaks in between sets, I just go to work a different muscle. Last night I upped my weight on my lunges, and I think it's something I really needed to do. Also, another good exercise for your butt is on the stability ball. Lie on your back with your feet on the stability ball and lift up and down, and then roll the ball out and back in to work your hamstrings. I really like this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
wtf im 25 and have acne too. i break out like a 13 yr old! nothing seems to work consistently for me. i have taken so many antibiotics to control my skin and some of you may remember i had a really bad allergic reaction to an antibiotic called solodyn in february that was causing muscle and joint damage. i had the near same experience on another antibiotic (a totally different class of antibiotic too) called ampicillin and noticed the onset of the problems right away and quit taking it. sandra i am totally checking out that dr perricone book. i feel like i am always spending so much money rotating dermatology treatments and OTC products that i am going out of my mind trying to figure out which combinations work when. i typically have really bad hormonal breakouts the week before/week of my period.

my other problem is that i have a fat belly. no matter how much i eat healthy and exercise, my belly seems to always be kinda poochie. i am hoping that the colonix will help a little with this.
Maura,
I think you'll like the book, it takes about 2 weeks to a month to see the difference, but you'll completely notice. After taken so many antibiotics I started doing research. I found out that basically as long as your liver is toxic you will keep breaking out, so you gotta work on clearing it up. There were a few things that I modified in the eating plan, which I'm sure you'll do as well to accommodate your liking. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodria View Post
Maura,
I think you'll like the book, it takes about 2 weeks to a month to see the difference, but you'll completely notice. After taken so many antibiotics I started doing research. I found out that basically as long as your liver is toxic you will keep breaking out, so you gotta work on clearing it up. There were a few things that I modified in the eating plan, which I'm sure you'll do as well to accommodate your liking. Good luck!
Thanks so much Sandra. I need this book. If I can change one thing about myself, it would be my skin. I hate it and literally cry about it. I avoid wearing make-up when ever possible (M-F). I break out so easily.

Glenda, I have many more problem areas, but I've reached a point where I told myself that if I am too lazy (which I am) to change it, I need to embrace it. So I love my body and all its jelly!