Yes, we have the neighbor from hell.... **updated**

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG Shelley she is just like the evil sisters. They do the same thing if someone parks on the street by their house. Ummm hello its town property not yours, anyone can park there! Your neighbor sounds awful just like the evil twins. You could make something for her and put visine in it. Apparently it gives you bad stomach cramping and the runs.

I would break into her house and replace her shampoo with Nair. You could also emit terrible odors through her vent, she'll never know where they are coming from. Put gravel in her gas tank. Conveniently steal her mail so she doesn't get her bills. Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShelley View Post
Spinoff of the other thread, but I really didn't want to steal her thread

So, while we were gone, we were having our garage built. It was suppose to be completely done when we got back.

My neighbor is such a b%tch, that she calls the county on us all the time anyway. We got permits for everything (even for the shed removal) because we knew that she would have a fit.

Well, the first day that the walls were going up, she called the county and they came out to make sure we had permits and all that nonsense. The second story was going up and she called again. She is president of our "neighborhood association" which I have never even heard of before, so the county came out again and halted everything!

We got the call yesterday when we were at the airport. So, they have totally stopped builiding our garage, and it looks like for now that my neighbor wins.

I don't get the fact that if you have permits for everything, how they can come fine you and shut you down. Does anyone have any experience with this?
This is why I have learned to hate associations.....People with too much time on their hands, complaining about anything and everything. Also people who are on a power trip.
I HATE ASSOCIATIONS and I'm living at one.

Quote:
I know. I just don't really think anything we can do will bother her.

She called the county 3 times in a week on Amos for his tow truck, which is totally fine to have at our house, it is not a commercial tow truck and small enough)

She literally makes our life hell. Amos said that we can't do anything to her car or property, because he doesn't like people messing with his property.

I really want to make this bitches life a living hell....
Don't tell him just do it and plead ignorance lmao personally i'd pay the local kids to torture her lmao

Quote:
our permits are in the front window, and we did get a permit for the second story, but I think the problem is, it is taller than our house (a rancher) but that really shouldn't matter if we had a county permit.

Shelley, do you guys pay neighborhood association dues? If so, there was probably a contract you signed when you bought the house, and there's might be something in the contract that is giving her the ability to keep calling the county. Most homeowners/neighborhood associations have clauses in the contracts that say the homeowners have to get written permission from the association before beginning any building projects, in order for the association to keep all the homes in the area within neighborhood specifications.

Down here, they are complete hard-asses. They define what color the home can be, what materials can be used for fencing in yards, what kind of sheds can be placed in the yards, etc... and any project that requires a contractor usually has to be approved by the HOA.

They suck, as the homeowner, and the only plus side to an HOA/neighborhood association is that they are used to deter the neighborhood from becoming HUD or investment properties, which will plummet a homes value.

that is what I don't get, we don't have an official home owners association. Yes, they have meetings, but we don't pay money, nor did we sign a contract.

So, just to update, yesterday when I left I found a county card in my front door and someone (the same bitch) called the county and complained about Amos' tow truck- again! We went through this last year and they determined it was fine, now they are just starting war.

So, yesterday we happened to be outside when our neighbor got home, Amos said calmly to her, Hey Helen, thanks for calling the county on us while we were away, I really appreciate it. And she denied it for about 2 minutes and then she admitted to calling the county. We so caught her in her lie. It kind of turned into a big screaming match. Amos just kept saying, we have to live next to each other, can't we just get along. We honestly don't bother anyone in the nieghborhodd. Basically the guy from the county told us that the reason why people were complaining was because they couldn't see what the other neighbors were doing WTF??

We tried to talk civil to them, but her husband start cussing and yelling. He finally said that he couldn't get his garage built, they denied him, so that is probably what this is all about.

So, anyway, they have halted all work and we are filing for a variance Monday morning....

Quote:
that is what I don't get, we don't have an official home owners association. Yes, they have meetings, but we don't pay money, nor did we sign a contract.

So, just to update, yesterday when I left I found a county card in my front door and someone (the same bitch) called the county and complained about Amos' tow truck- again! We went through this last year and they determined it was fine, now they are just starting war.

So, yesterday we happened to be outside when our neighbor got home, Amos said calmly to her, Hey Helen, thanks for calling the county on us while we were away, I really appreciate it. And she denied it for about 2 minutes and then she admitted to calling the county. We so caught her in her lie. It kind of turned into a big screaming match. Amos just kept saying, we have to live next to each other, can't we just get along. We honestly don't bother anyone in the nieghborhodd. Basically the guy from the county told us that the reason why people were complaining was because they couldn't see what the other neighbors were doing WTF??

We tried to talk civil to them, but her husband start cussing and yelling. He finally said that he couldn't get his garage built, they denied him, so that is probably what this is all about.

So, anyway, they have halted all work and we are filing for a variance Monday morning....

Well, that would be the line that declares war mentality in me. Anytime they make a noise that I would hear inside my home, I'd call the cops. Anytime they have a guest who parks in the street, I'd call the cops for "suspicious behavior"....

It sounds like they are bitter people who are trying to drive you guys out of the neighborhood, to be honest. It's so sad when people have nothing better to do than to cause grief for everyone around them. If this lady is that bitter over something so petty, imagine how horrible it must be for her hubby to have to LIVE with that every single day....

Just read through this and I totally feel for you! That's insane that your neighbor is being such a PITA! If the real reason is because they got denied for a garage, that's absurd - and totally childish!!! Don't people realize that when you start a war with your neighbor, you still have to live next to them!

What crap. - We just filed for our hearing on our situation!! (which reminds me - one of the days our jackass was complaining about - we were not even there!)!

- But on how to get back........ #1 - I'd park in front of her house every chance you get.... if it is public property she cant tow you - if it is her personal property that is obviously different. We had a car parked in front of our house for 4 months - never moved! - I finally called the cops because I thought it was abandoned....... the cops basically said, tough luck since the tags were not expired.

If she does tow you - I'd contact a lawyer ASAP and probably end up suing the tow company, since they can not to where they are not contracted by either the owner of the vehicle, or the owner of the property the car is parked on (in this case, the town).

You could put a big sign in your front yard telling the whole world that your neghibor is a bitch. -- I dont think you can use profanities, but you can put it in a nicer way.

You could contact a lawyer and have the them send a nasty letter on your behalf threatening that you will sue them for harrasement if they continue to file absurd complaints to the county.

I think water in the gas tank will actually do more damadge than rocks!

lets see.... what else? - You could be like my jackass neghibor and dump your grass clippings in front of the gate to her fence. (I cant believe that jackass did that).

umm........ what else....

hmmm.........

other than giving them a dirty look or flipping the bird every time you see them, thats all I've got.

-- Oh - and you could be like me -- hoping that you just happen to see someone breaking into your neghibor's house so you can tap them on the shoulder and say - dont worry.... I'll make sure no body calls the cops - just be sure to take everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Photography LLC View Post
You could put a big sign in your front yard telling the whole world that your neghibor is a bitch. -- I dont think you can use profanities, but you can put it in a nicer way.
Oh I think you could def use profanities- freedom of speech.

OHSU tram riders get f-bomb dropped on them | KATU.com - Portland, Oregon | Local & Regional

I believe this was allowed since it was private property. LOL

*edited to add* Ok I looked up the outcome of this. He had to take his sign down because his neighborhood association prevents signs on his roof. LOL