Excellence Riviera, Great place for weddings!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 Infinity22

• 1,520 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

I was there from 5/17 - 5/24 and the whole trip turned out perfectly! The resort was awesome, the food was good, the service for the most part was really good, the ground were nice, the beach was great, our room was great, and the wedding and photos couldn't have turned out any better!

#12 karina0512

• 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

I was very interested in this resort after visiting Trip Advisor...Excellence Riviera was one of the higher ranked resorts & the positive comments greatly outweighed the negative. For you who have had a wedding there, or plan to marry there soon, can you please provide me with the WC email address or a contact number? I want to take a scouting trip soon, but would like to be prepared. Any similar all-inclusive resorts you can recommend in the same area would be great also! THANKS!!!

#13 jggm

• 27 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

I just got back from doing a site visit. The place is absolutely beautiful. I was able to see a wedding while I was there and the beach setup is the nicest that I have seen. If you are having more than 10 guests you pretty much have to do the beach wedding or the pier. I really wanted to do the gazebo, but I love the resort so much that I don't mind the beach. We met with the wedding coordinator and everything is pretty much done through email. The flowers, reception area, and food all looked great. Her email address is on the excellence website under weddings and honeymoons. She is pretty quick to respond so that is also a plus. If you have any other questions let me know. I will try and post some pics. Good luck with your search!

#14 endlesslove

• 362 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:42 AM

We'll be having our May 2010 wedding here, I'm so excited. heard nothing but positive reviews.

#15 jggm

• 27 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:19 AM

That's great! The WC did tell us that May, June and July are their most popular months for weddings so make sure you let her know a decent amount of time in advance. They only do one wedding a day if you plan on having a reception. They do two if they are both very small.

#16 Infinity22

• 1,520 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:01 PM

Again, great place! I know most people wouldn't have any complaints!!!

#17 kcnbt

• 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

This is one of my FI's and I's first choice resorts! Its always great to see positive reviews!

#18 HotTamale

• 304 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

I'm thinking about having our wedding here as well. Still waiting to hear back from the WC though.....beautiful resort!

#19 MomentsThatMatter

• Vendor
                  • 2,015 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

Wow... that is a nice place for a wedding!
                    Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
                    Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
                    Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
                    Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/

#20 jhubert

• 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

Sol, you've shot wedding all over playa. What hotel would you suggest for a wedding that allows kids, families and young people?
                      Joanna Hubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users