#1 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:28 PM

So after taking a walk tonight to help my huge preggo self feel better I decided to relax in a bath. We just moved in March and I hadn't taken a bath in the tub yet (our bathroom only has a shower) so I cleaned it all out and put some yummy smelly bubbles in it and had just gotten it to the perfect temp, climbed in and started my nice cozy soak when my DH says "holy shit-what are you doing"
and I said "I am taking a bath just like I said I was planning to"
he says "you need to drain it right now"
I of course yell back "why"
he yells back to me "you need to come down here right now"

so what do I come downstairs to find, the water from my bath draining from the light in our kitchen ceiling, yes my pregnant self was sitting in a tub of water that was apparently leaking into the lighting fixture.
When we first moved in our shower was leaking and supposedly the rental company who manages our house fixed it, well not only was it leaking from the kitchen but the old spot from the previous leak is now wet too.

oh and to top it all off, my cousin is flying in next week for a summer internship on Capitol Hill and is supposed to be using that bathroom, and my mother will be here to help with the baby in three weeks-yes folks I am about to have an incredibly full house with one working bathroom....ahh don't you just love it!!!!!!!!!!

Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

Oh geez! That's terrible. Plus electricity with water? Not so good.

In our hotel in PV, one of our guests had a shower that leaked through the light fixture. The resort didn't think it was that big of an issue but switched their rooms. LOL I'm not a genius but.....that's not right!
    Happily married since 2008

#3 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
    • 1,257 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

Oh, damn. I'm six hours away, you can use my tub...

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

oh SHIT! christine, any idea how long this will take to fix?

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

Uggggghhhhh Christine - that sucks!! and it ruined your relaxing bath.

do you think there is any way to get it fixed in the next 3 weeks?

#6 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:36 PM

oh my husband called our rental company and we are calling the owner if they don't call us back in a few more minutes. This will be fixed by next week if I have anything to say about it-they have never messed with a pregnant lady who is this far along.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:38 PM

That's just not fair One of the few benefits of renting is that you don't have to pay for the repairs, but still what a p.i.t.a.! I hope you get a relaxing bath soon :)

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

That's just not fair One of the few benefits of renting is that you don't have to pay for the repairs, but still what a p.i.t.a.! I hope you get a relaxing bath soon :)

#9 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

That stinks Christine. Kick some butt and get if fixed. The last thing you need is to be sharring a bathroom with 2 extra people yikes!
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#10 Saraha

Saraha
              • 2,597 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:07 PM

Oh noooo You poor thing, are you going to be able to get it fixed in time... or is it just gonna be a bit of a tight squeeze?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users